m4s3rchi3f
+122|6293
I'm currently in a long distance relationship. We've been together for 2 years but circumstances caused us to split at least for a couple of years. Now we're states apart (USA). I love her and really think we're gonna get married one day...but long distance isn't really a relationship at all. The proximity and daily interactions are what makes a relationship alive. I want the best for her and don't want her to go through having a bf hundreds of miles away.
Do long distance relationships really work? Is it manageable? I just want the best for both of us...
What's your experience so I can have a better idea?

Btw, I'm 21 and in college...
R0lyP0ly
+161|6653|USA
well, do you plan on graduating and moving back (together); what is she doing right now? (College, etc)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

No.  Go out and get some tang
CommieChipmunk
+488|6569|Portland, OR, USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

and to think I thought you were a Mormon all this time....
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6639
My friend is in one too, she doesn't like it, but she talks to him on the phone everyday. Personally, I wouldn't ever be in a long distance relationship because I couldn't hug and kiss her when I want to. So, If it was me I'd dump her or move with her after college.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
Some guy was in a long distance relationship once, found out it was his sister. True story, it was on the news lol. In Australia.

They do work, just.. not very often.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6421|California, US
After your outta college go move to where she is and fuck her hard
and marry her lol
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6639

leetkyle wrote:

Some guy was in a long distance relationship once, found out it was his sister. True story, it was on the news lol. In Australia.

They do work, just.. not very often.
Reminds me of this

Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6266|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I'm gonna break my answer into 4 sections: Your pros, your cons, her pros, her cons:

Your Pros:
- You have a relationship, and I assure you that you may get offers from other girls when you in a relationship, but if you choose to split up; those offers will suddenly dry up. It's Sod's law.
- You're in different area codes, so putting your pink Darth Vader in another girl's pink pocket is technically ok
- To add to that, Arnie has a line that "Eating is not cheating" so go muff diving once in a while to hone your skills!

Your Cons
- You're a guy, you need women, sexually. That's why every 3 days you need to whack off (atleast) it's a medical fact. So a long distance relationship is not perfect.
- You will probably end up making a stupid decision like moving closer to her and leaving things that mean a lot to you through blind love. Trust me, I've done it.

Her Pros
- She clearly has a guy who cares about her, and girls love security, it's the main reason girls get in long-term relationships
- er...that's about it

Her Cons
- She is restricted in what she can do, career and life wise, because she will always factor you into her decisions (if she feels the same way)

"If you love something, set it free"

That's my 2 cents.
[AZEG]PhxBravo
Moved to "Phxbravo" account
+10|6449|phoenix, az

Monkeyman911 wrote:

After your outta college go move to where she is and fuck her hard
and marry her lol
DO IT, DO IT
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6293

CommieChipmunk wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

First of...LOL..naw we're both saving each other for marriage...rare by today's standards.....
Secondly...wth Mormon???? I'm a protestant. lol
Thirdly...Um she's graduating this year, we're same year but I'm graduating a bit late.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

First of...LOL..naw we're both saving each other for marriage...rare by today's standards.....
Thirdly...Um she's graduating this year, we're same year but I'm graduating a bit late.
Saving yourself huh?  Well then, a long term relationship WILL work.  The only reason you keep a girl around is to poke her whenever you can.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6526|Belgium

With msn/IM's, webcams, microphones and the internets it's very doable It will not be easy, but it's doable.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6293

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

I'm gonna break my answer into 4 sections: Your pros, your cons, her pros, her cons:

Your Pros:
- You have a relationship, and I assure you that you may get offers from other girls when you in a relationship, but if you choose to split up; those offers will suddenly dry up. It's Sod's law.
- You're in different area codes, so putting your pink Darth Vader in another girl's pink pocket is technically ok
- To add to that, Arnie has a line that "Eating is not cheating" so go muff diving once in a while to hone your skills!

Your Cons
- You're a guy, you need women, sexually. That's why every 3 days you need to whack off (atleast) it's a medical fact. So a long distance relationship is not perfect.
- You will probably end up making a stupid decision like moving closer to her and leaving things that mean a lot to you through blind love. Trust me, I've done it.

Her Pros
- She clearly has a guy who cares about her, and girls love security, it's the main reason girls get in long-term relationships
- er...that's about it

Her Cons
- She is restricted in what she can do, career and life wise, because she will always factor you into her decisions (if she feels the same way)

That's my 2 cents.
HAHA....
first off....O.o pink darth vader?
And secondly, I've heard that before, that girls really want guys who are already taken. Some competitive innate nature in them or something.
Thirdly, we never had sex...Close but no cigar..but we've done everything else. LOL...Stretching the boundary of fooling around.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6293

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Saving yourself huh?  Well then, a long term relationship WILL work.  The only reason you keep a girl around is to poke her whenever you can.
QFT...... LOL....I wonder the reason why a girl would keep a guy around..... She can't really poke...
Ninja_Kid2002

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Whilst I think saving yourself for marriage is respectable, I can't point out how much you're missing. Trust me, without being too vulgar, the closest thing to putting your one-eyed trouser snake in her velvet love nest is masturbating with baby lotion on your hand. And boy, that is no-where near, not even if you have a numb hand!

Sex is like pringles, once you pop, you can't stop.
Although there's less crumbs with sex.

*ponders how to involves pringles in sex*
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6293

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Whilst I think saving yourself for marriage is respectable, I can't point out how much you're missing. Trust me, without being too vulgar, the closest thing to putting your one-eyed trouser snake in her velvet love nest is masturbating with baby lotion on your hand. And boy, that is no-where near, not even if you have a numb hand!

Have you ever noticed that you put two pringles on top of each other upside down, they form lips....
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6447

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Rofl, gotta agree with that!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
I had/kind of have a long distance relationship (see here for my award winning novel: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=65358&p=1) and it's... Hard to say the least... I have met up with her twice, and both times went very wel, and we are both in love... But the distance is a bitch...

If you can see her perhaps once for about a week every 2-3 months max, and you are both strong then it can work.

I wish you all the best, and hope everything works out for you
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Good luck. In my experience, at that of my friends, long-distance relationships never work. Most of the comments you've received here sound like they're from 14 yr olds that have never touched a girl. If you're both serious about continuing the relationship, then give it a shot. If you can make it through this, you might have what it takes to make a marriage work too. However, anything that CAN get in the way of your relationship, WILL happen now while you're separate. The world just seems to work that way. Keep in contact with her ofter, talk everyday. If it's going to work out, it will. Otherwise, you at least know you tried.

My last bit of advice is to not get your hopes up. These things seem to fall apart almost without fail. Good luck.
ReDevilJR
+106|6350

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Sting?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6447

FFLink13 wrote:

I had/kind of have a long distance relationship (see here for my award winning novel: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=65358&p=1) and it's... Hard to say the least... I have met up with her twice, and both times went very wel, and we are both in love... But the distance is a bitch...

If you can see her perhaps once for about a week every 2-3 months max, and you are both strong then it can work.

I wish you all the best, and hope everything works out for you
OMG u made me read it all xD. Nice one !

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-04-14 16:27:45)

Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6564|UK
get new pussy

but new pussy can't cook
Ninja_Kid2002

ReDevilJR wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Sting?
Not sure, I think it was in Grosse Pointe Blank. It's followed by the line:

"If it comes back it's...broken"
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6623|Cherry Pie
No, they don't work.  Don't waste your time.  If its meant to be then you two will end up together.  Now go have sex with some hot chick and you can deal with her later.  lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard