The_Mac
Member
+96|5649

golgoj4 wrote:

Sadly, plenty of people care if one is 'a homosexual' because they feel its their place to define whats acceptable. Just as you just did in your post. Its warped according to you. Once they dont have to deal with people who cant get past judging and discriminating against them, you wont see any parades.
Guess what? Homosexuality isn't normal. I hate to break it to you, but Evolution didn't design peeps to reproduce with their assholes. So no, it's not just Christians, it's atheists against it as well. Guess something else? I just passed judgment on a group of people with a different sexuality, you judged me on it. Can't win can you?
Sadly ( for homosexuals) nobody cares about them, because they're making a big deal out of their sexuality. What if I started something called "Straight Pride"? Would I get much of a following? No I wouldn't because it's normal, it's not a big deal. The only people making a big deal out of this are liberal idiots who have nothing else to do, except create a big fuss about people's "rights" when they shove each other in the ass. These same people feel obligated to make gay parades and make a big deal out of their sexuality. Congrat-the-fuck-ulations, why the big deal?
Here's something homosexuals will have to accept: Nobody cares about your loose ass.
And where's the discrimination Mr "I won't pass judgment on you because I am teh holier than thou"? It's discrimination that I don't give a flying rat's ass about them shagging each other's bums?

Your argument phails.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|5952|Global Command

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Why do Gay people think other people give a shit? Why don't we start a straight pride and wear sexy clothing.
The_Mac
Member
+96|5649
Because gay people think that they have to make us accept their bull shit so then they can feel special about how they shag each other and how that's oh so special. The rest of us who have sex the normal way evolution intended live such mundane lives compared to them, the oh-so great homosexuals. If you're homosexual, good for you, God/ Darwin Bless You, but it's time for you to realize, no one gives a shit up the arse.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|5960|Chicago

The_Mac wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

Sadly, plenty of people care if one is 'a homosexual' because they feel its their place to define whats acceptable. Just as you just did in your post. Its warped according to you. Once they dont have to deal with people who cant get past judging and discriminating against them, you wont see any parades.
Guess what? Homosexuality isn't normal. I hate to break it to you, but Evolution didn't design peeps to reproduce with their assholes. So no, it's not just Christians, it's atheists against it as well. Guess something else? I just passed judgment on a group of people with a different sexuality, you judged me on it. Can't win can you?
Sadly ( for homosexuals) nobody cares about them, because they're making a big deal out of their sexuality. What if I started something called "Straight Pride"? Would I get much of a following? No I wouldn't because it's normal, it's not a big deal. The only people making a big deal out of this are liberal idiots who have nothing else to do, except create a big fuss about people's "rights" when they shove each other in the ass. These same people feel obligated to make gay parades and make a big deal out of their sexuality. Congrat-the-fuck-ulations, why the big deal?
Here's something homosexuals will have to accept: Nobody cares about your loose ass.
And where's the discrimination Mr "I won't pass judgment on you because I am teh holier than thou"? It's discrimination that I don't give a flying rat's ass about them shagging each other's bums?

Your argument phails.
Your last statement "Your argument phails." [sic] makes me laugh, because of the one blindingly contradictory statement in that paragraph: "Here's something homosexuals will have to accept: Nobody cares about your loose ass."

If you don't care, why the hell did you just write an essay about it?

You, sir, fail.
The_Mac
Member
+96|5649

RedTwizzler wrote:

You, sir, fail.
Wrong. I didn't write an essay, if you call that an essay, your English teacher needs to be slapped. I felt like putting substance in my post; something your post--and most likely your brain--lacks.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|5828|Earth

The_Mac wrote:

Guess what? Homosexuality isn't normal. I hate to break it to you, but Evolution didn't design peeps to reproduce with their assholes. So no, it's not just Christians, it's atheists against it as well.
Not at all. I'm about as atheist as them come and I'm not at all against homosexuality. I don't see anything wrong with it, and you may not see it as normal because you are blind to reality. The way I see it people should just be able to live their lives the way they wish to without confrontation from conservatives who were molested by daddy when they were young so they take out their anger on people who are "different." You are right that they can't reproduce, but still help us out. Gays can't reproduce, so many of them turn to adoption and save many kids from that. Most people never think to help a human life out like that. Before you go out fucking every hot chick, think about how to help the living now. And besides, where would the world be without lesbians making shower sex videos!?!?!
Signature
Dersmikner
Member
+147|5921|Texas
As long as they don't block the streets when I'm trying to get somewhere, I don't give a shit. Of course, the same thing goes for any other group. By God you can have your stupid get-together in a stadium or at a theme park, or in bars, but stay the fuck off the streets. It's real hard for me to get where I'm going by driving through a bar. You CAN use the bar, I can't. Stay off my fucking roads for your "we're so desperate for you to recognize us we're going to inconvenience the fucking city to rub your nose in our deal" parade. Do your bullshit on private property and stay out of my way. Have a 1,000,000 man circle jerk if you want, just don't cost me 30 extra minutes of drive time for your shit. And that goes for whatever your dumbass cause is.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5828|North Carolina

The_Mac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'm not gay, but I'd assume that it's like the black pride thing.  These parades are aimed at gaining acceptance and tolerance, but as this thread shows, it seems to have backfired.
That's still pathetic. It's excellent and I encourage you to be proud of your race and background, and how you helped build your country, but when you parade your sexuality around because it's not accepted because it's warped, yes, I will say it would backfire. It's arrogant. Nobody cares if you're homosexual, no one really does. The fact they feel they have to parade it around is what makes them the arrogant society destroying sons of bitches.
Well, I know what you're saying.  Again, I think the parades are probably a bad idea, but some people do care what your sexuality is.

Take, for example, the case of Matthew Shepard...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

They cared enough to kill him.  Some people react very violently toward gay people.  It's also why we have the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.  Apparently, it really does matter in the military too.

Add to this the reactions of the Religious Right toward gay people (like Ted Haggard before his outing), and you have a situation where there will continue to be issues connected to being gay in this society.  As long as these issues exist, so will the parades.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|5703

iamangry wrote:

1.  Individuals do what they want.  If they want to use gay as a pejorative, thats their choice.  Just like I can legally call a black man a nigger to his face.  I wouldn't, because I like living, but that's not the point.  To say that violates a gay man's rights is ridiculous.
Of course that's ridiculous. But I didn't just talk about slurs did I?  I talked about assault and murder and attempting to codify discrimination and bigotry into our laws. I talked about how people in this country take it as a matter of course to refer to homosexuals as sick deviants and constantly portray them as such.

iamangry wrote:

Unless the government is killing them or assaulting their rights, or if the people in general were assaulting their rights, I don't see how you can call them oppressed.  There are no sexuality discriminating rights in this country.  You're a guy and you want to be married?  Marry a woman.  A straight man can't marry a straight man, so how is a gay man's rights assaulted if he can't marry a gay man.  Love isn't part of the law buddy.
I see, so because they have the right to make the same choices as you and only the same choices as you, their rights aren't infringed? How the fuck does that work? Shit, how does anybody even manage to seriously arrive at that conclusion? And whether you like it or not, I'll point out that a few decades ago, I could probably find some fuckwit telling people "Blacks are free to marry other blacks, they're not oppressed if they can't marry whites. Love isn't part of the law buddy.".

iamangry wrote:

2.  Fuck you sir.  You don't know what I've been through, so don't you dare presume to think you do.  Maybe I'll start a thread one day about how I'm persecuted, when I'm ready to be laughed out of this forum because almost EVERYONE persecutes for what I'm "guilty" of (Note: for those of you wondering, its nothing sexual in nature).
Awwwww, should we have a big pity party for iamangry, because the persecution he's subject to is the most awful special persecution in the world? Tell you what, sir, if the persecution you experience lends you no insight into the plight of others who, like yourself, are treated like shit because of something about you that is an integral part of who you are, if it does not give you a window into the world of other people who are trod under by society for no good godsdamn reason, then I don't have an ounce of sympathy for you. I have a pretty good idea what it is you're speaking of. I'm also pretty sure that people aren't banned from marrying, adopting children, assaulted or murdered for it. That doesn't mean you or anyone like you deserves to be treated like shit, but you've ironically managed to find the other position that deprives you of the support of other people, that being "My oppression is worse because (insert reason here)". You know what, pal? I get treated like dirt constantly for my appearance. People look at me with suspicion. Sometimes I get hassled by the cops. Employers don't think I'm competent. I know for a fact that all of it would go away if I changed how I dress, cut my hair, covered up my tattoos. However unlike you, that doesn't make me say "Oh you homosexuals, if only you'd behave like society says you should, you know, the society that says you're all sick filthy deviants, then people would treat you better.". It makes me understand that someone like me, I have it easy. I can make some simple alterations to my appearance and I'd never have another problem again. Other people don't have easy options like that. So not only do I not take the easy way out, I damn sure don't demand that other people make radical changes to their life when I don't have to do the same.

iamangry wrote:

3.  I can safely say I've never seen two people "dry humping" in public.  Ever.  If I saw two gay guys dry humping in public I wouldn't be offended.  I would be offended if they clogged a major thoroughfare with a thousand of them dry humping.  Then again, I'd be offended if a bunch of straight people did that too.  Only thing is, straight people don't do that.  Again, you can't force people to like you.  If someone at work assaults you because you're gay, that's his choice.  That's part of your battle with the common ignorant man.  What I tried to say previously was that you don't win that sort of battle by flaunting your differences in their faces.
So there's no difference between a permit-holding parade on a planned route and "they clogged a major thoroughfare with a thousand of them dry humping", gotcha. Because that's all a pride parade is really, especially if you're talking out your ass because your only experiences with one are what you hear second-hand from people who want to shove homosexuals right back in the closet and aren't above lying to accomplish that goal. As far as the "battle with the common ignorant man", you don't win that by following the advice of the common ignorant man. The common ignorant man considers "flaunting your differences in our faces" as an acceptable definition for "you exist".

iamangry wrote:

We are a pretty tolerant people when not antagonized.
Sure, just ask the Africans, Native Americans and oh yeah the homosexuals too. This country was amazingly tolerant of all those groups. As long as they knew their place and didn't do things to upset the common ignorant man.

iamangry wrote:

I don't mean conformity by the numbers- clones and such.  I mean conformity by letting your differences show themselves, and being who you are, just like anyone else.
Now you're just being confusing. So they can let their differences show themselves and be who they are, but only if it's within comfortable guidelines set by the common ignorant man?

iamangry wrote:

That's how you gain acceptance from other individuals.  If they cannot communicate comfortably with you, they will not like you.  That's just the way people are right now, hopefully one day we move past that.
We'll never move past it as long as people excuse it.

iamangry wrote:

I think most in America have.
Many in America have. Most? I'd believe that if people in Oregon hadn't listened to a nutjob religious fanatic who claims that American courts have no jurisdiction over him because they fly a military flag in courtooms when he said that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because it would destroy the foundation of marriage in America.

iamangry wrote:

I don't have a problem with drag queens, transsexuals, gays, lesbians... I'm friends with people from all these disciplines, because they have good personalities and are down to earth.
Do your friends know that you don't consider any of their rights to be infringed on? Do you tell any of them, if any of them express frustration at not being able to legally marry, that "Love isn't part of the law"? Do you tell them that they need to act more "normal" if they want to be accepted?

iamangry wrote:

I did meet a gay guy who was flamboyant about being gay, and tried to make me gay several times.
Obviously he's an idiot, since he couldn't make you gay anymore than he could make you a mailbox.

iamangry wrote:

I was not friends with him because he was off in ass-rail land.  He was rude, crude, stupid, and impossible to be comfortable around (because he was a groper ... and he thought the sun was mostly iron because he read it on a website on the internet ).
Jesus Tapdancing Raptor Christ, are you saying that you met one idiot and you're allowing his behavior to override any experiences you've had with the friends you previously mentioned? Seriously man, think about that for a minute will you?

iamangry wrote:

All I was trying to say was that you don't get accepted by showing how your different.  You get accepted by making people comfortable with you.  And gay parades aren't going to do that for you.
I don't know, maybe they're not worried about making people comfortable who are going to dismiss them out of hand at first glance anyway. I know I'm not terribly concerned about that. I do think you're missing the point of the pride parades though. It's not about "Please, please like us and accept us!". It's about people saying "This is who I am. I like who I am. It's okay for me to be who I am. It's okay for you to be who you are too, without fear.". Like many other things in the world, it ain't about you man. It's people who've lived through some serious shit and other people made bold by their example. It's people who don't want to spend the rest of their lives dominated by fear and so they take one single solitary day out of each year and let go. It's people who are what they are and feel, rightly so, that they don't need to spend their entire span on this planet behaving in a fashion meant to pacify people who fucking hate them. That's why they call it "Pride" and not "Subservience".
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|5703

The_Mac wrote:

Guess what? Homosexuality isn't normal. I hate to break it to you, but Evolution didn't design peeps to reproduce with their assholes. So no, it's not just Christians, it's atheists against it as well.
Got some bad news for you then. Evolution also says that if you have the genes for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, neurological disorders and a whole host of other physical disorders, it's out of the gene pool for you too. Evolution doesn't just give a "get out of genetic obsolescence free" card to you just because you've been the beneficiary of some medical or technological work-around that's prevented you from shuffling off this mortal coil and allowed you to remain part of the current human breeding stock. Why is it exactly that you or anyone else gets to continue to pass on your defective genetic material to future generations and then claim that others are unfit from an evolutionary standpoint? Because they can't breed between themselves? Well you'd better head on down to the nearest fertility clinic and tell them to knock it right off. Because they get sexual pleasure in a fashion "evolution" didn't intend? I guess you'll be swearing off getting blowjobs from now on. But look on the bright side: you can rest securely in the knowledge that your judgment of them isn't based on the supposedly transcribed dictates of some desert nomad tribe's invisible sky-god. You've managed to come to the same idiotic conclusions all by your lonesome.
David.P
Banned
+649|5697
Hunter why do you defend homosexuals so? Are you trying to hide something? And yes the same can be said about me and my opinions. But I have a personal reason, Whats yours? Is a friend or relative gay? I dont hate all gay's only the ones that showoff, Actually it applies to all people and groups. Be what you are just dont force it down our throats.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-15 19:08:45)

HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|5703

David.Podedworny wrote:

Hunter why do you defend homosexuals so? Are you trying to hide something? And yes the same can be said about me and my opinions. But I have a personal reason, Whats yours? Is a friend or relative gay? I dont hate all gay's only the ones that showoff, Actually it applies to all people and groups. Be what you are just dont force it down our throats.
Why? Why the fuck not? Though to be honest, I have several gay friends and relatives so it is pretty personal. Sure, I've known some homosexuals that have been utter shitheads but I know it's got jack to do with who they sleep with; the majority of them have been okay ranging up to wonderful people and I get tired of seeing them just get blanket condemned by people too stupid to think in anything but absolutes. Besides, I'm some anonymous lines of text on a bulletin board in one little corner of the internets; as such I really don't have a lot invested in hiding anything personal (outside of that which would be stone stupid to reveal, like my home address or something) about myself since I stand to lose nothing. It doesn't really matter if some other anonymous lines of text starts calling me "queer" or something dumb like that. So, not gay, just sympathetic and understanding to them. Also on the honesty angle, I'm not really arguing this particular topic to change minds since I know nothing I do here stands much of a chance of changing any minds. I mainly do it on the off chance that anyone reading this board that might be gay themselves will see there's at least one straight guy out here that's willing to step up for them.
Lai
Member
+186|5574

Cougar wrote:

Homosexuals make me sick. 

Unless they are two very attractive, young females (18-30).  Then I can usually handle it, but honestly, how often does that happen?  Never.

Disgusting.
Uhm,.. ???
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6203|Great Brown North
i dont really care where you put (insert object here) at night... that being said, i dont want to have to see you pelvic thrusting your way down the road on a float wearing a leather thong on my way to the fucking store
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+590|3143
The new Superman, Jonathan Kent — who is the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane — will soon begin a romantic relationship with a male friend, DC Comics announced Monday.

That same-sex relationship is just one of the ways that Jonathan Kent, who goes by Jon, is proving to be a different Superman than his famous father. Since his new series, Superman: Son of Kal-El, began in July, Jon has combated wildfires caused by climate change, thwarted a high school shooting and protested the deportation of refugees in Metropolis.

“The idea of replacing Clark Kent with another straight white savior felt like a missed opportunity,” Tom Taylor, who writes the series, said in an interview. He said that a “new Superman had to have new fights — real world problems — that he could stand up to as one of the most powerful people in the world.”

The coming out of Superman, perhaps the most archetypal American superhero, is a notable moment even in an age when many comics have embraced diversity and are exploring pressing social issues. Batman’s sidekick, Robin, recently acknowledged romantic feelings for a male friend (not Dick Grayson — who was Batman’s partner for over four decades — but Tim Drake, a later replacement; there are multiple Robins just as there are multiple Supermen). And a new Aquaman comic stars a gay Black man who is positioned to become the title hero.
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/338232c39611816cba37a82f88738ee319f18f70/0_163_1349_808/master/1349.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=27399f47ac80b3a4f5ee80e723744c97

Oh no. They can't keep making characters gay. This will make a lot of men very uncomfortable. You spend all day at the Nebraska ammo factory and come home to relax in your comic book room only to be assaulted by seeing this.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+790|6108|United States of America
On the one hand, superheroes have always been pretty gay, and the continual re-invention of story arcs and reboots and resurrections make it less of a problem to say "there's a Blaquaman now". I also get that seeing themselves represented is important to some LGBT people, but it does strike me as a hollow, hacky direction and make me roll my eyes. I don't read comics though, and realistically, the people I know who are into them are way more likely to not be conservative.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+590|3143

DesertFox- wrote:

On the one hand, superheroes have always been pretty gay, and the continual re-invention of story arcs and reboots and resurrections make it less of a problem to say "there's a Blaquaman now". I also get that seeing themselves represented is important to some LGBT people, but it does strike me as a hollow, hacky direction and make me roll my eyes. I don't read comics though, and realistically, the people I know who are into them are way more likely to not be conservative.
We will see how you feel about this in 15 years.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6195|USA

I have zero time for people getting worked up about wOkE comic books. There are like a million alternate realities to pick from in the worlds of Marvel and DC. So, like, pick one I guess.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+590|3143
A lot of people who get worked up about stuff like this would probably be less angry if they had a purple haired twink to talk to.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+475|2875
nerds and misfits getting precious over their ‘safe spaces’.

do many comic fans even care? i would have thought there would be a common well of sympathy.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6195|USA

I think enough of them care to make noise about it that it looks that way, but probably isn't. Probably shares a large part of a Venn diagram with the unwashed demographic of people who will make thousand-page threads angrily deconstructing Harry Potter fanfiction. Of course they get worked up about stuff like Muslim superheroes and "blackwashing" rofl.

It is too bad though that so many roles are hand-me-down. Comic books too unimaginative to write something new for various ethnic minorities and lgbtx.

Also too bad that there's infighting between people who dress like superheroes at convention centers, and gays. Both of whom are frequently targeted by sensationalist rags.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5529|eXtreme to the maX
Creating new stories is fine, messing around with existing ones - sod off

I mean honestly
DC Comics reveal that latest Superman character is bisexual
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/7353/production/_121032592_superman_sonofkal-el5interior-1.png
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58879161

What next, shouldn't Gandalf be re-written as a black lady-boy because diversity?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5529|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

nerds and misfits getting precious over their ‘safe spaces’.
Ah, its OK to insult, abuse and disrupt the comfort zone of 'nerds and misfits' but not gays obviously.

Hey I know, lets rewrite the classics with engineers, scientists and technologists in the major roles, and rejig the stories accordingly, if some stupid hipsters cry who cares?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-10-12 03:46:59)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+475|2875
nerds are the new mainstream, i hardly think they're at risk of being picked on. the status of nerd as some 'endangered minority' or 'high-school bullying target' is a bit 1980s, wouldn't you say? nerds now control the midfield, chap. everyone likes lord of rings, game of thrones, harry potter et al; everyone gets excited over the 'MCU' or argues incessantly over DC movies; adults in office places trade geeky rick & morty jokes or big bang theory lines or whatever; everyone is, of course, extremely on-line and techy; and even the most normal of young adults plays fortnite, watches twitch and goes to the park to piddle about with pokémon go.

for someone whose thesis is 'every group is out for themselves and wants to gain control and dominance over the others', you're weirdly blind about the nerd subculture and how plain nasty and venomous it can be when kicking down on other groups. hello? gamergate? feminism/portrayals of women? portrayals of minorities? now portrayals of homosexuality or bisexuality? each and every time, whether it's ghostbusters or star wars or superman vs batman, there's a legion of angry, vituperative, man-cave dwelling shitposters who are there to pile-on and abuse people (normally on your favourite left-wing LGBTQ+ network of choice, twitter ...)

the point of my post, really, was that a group which has suffered much malign treatment over their history, and who have generally banded together to protect their subculture and hobby, as well as beseeching people to understand and be inclusive, should perhaps have some sympathy with the other 'misfits' of society when it's their turn for some of that inclusivity. but there we are. as it turns out, nerds are particularly precious and protective over their fake made-up children's entertainments.

and, once again, it comes down to a similar issue as KJ raised with you w/r/t BLM: why is it that you care more about fucking fictional entities and pulp comics than gay rights or representation? superman isn't real. excluded or oppressed minorities, with histories of abuse and discrimination, are real human beings experiencing real harms. you got totally outraged about a few convenience stores and ignored the point of BLM, and now you seem to think that a cartoon portrayal of two fake superheroes schmooching is a life and death matter. i don't know how to describe that other than as basically immature: you are lost playing games of adolescent-tribal chestbeating, and totally disconnected from the adult world of empathy and understanding (and imaginative empathy, seeing other POVs and so on, is surely part of the whole point of culture, isn't it? other than all the castrated, childish wish-fulfillment stuff that cucks like you get from superhero schlock).

lots of the classics have scientists as main characters btw. what an utterly moronic and misguided comment. yes, let's rewrite, er, frankenstein, with a scientist as the main character! make u think!!!  can you actually name me many classics where 'arts hipsters' are the main characters? i mean, use your fucking head for god's sake. or are achilles, odysseus, hamlet and macbeth all 'arts fags'? theatre production companies have been casting non-white actors as shakespeare characters for decades; there are now whole lectures and symposia on 'transgenderism and queer aesthetics in shakespeare'; and you don't see literary folks getting upset about it. perhaps because we are adults, consuming content for adults, and you are still a fucking child?

Last edited by uziq (2021-10-12 10:58:13)

uziq
Member
+475|2875
dilbert: islam is a backwards monkey religion, look at them getting upset over a simple cartoon of their prophet!
also dilbert: how DARE these fucking INFIDELS portray MY superhero in such a disrespectful way? this isn't canon reeeEEEeeee!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard