Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5830|North Carolina
Where did you find those?  I want one... 
David.P
Banned
+649|5699

Turquoise wrote:

What if I decided I wouldn't tolerate you for being conservative?  Instead of respectfully debating points with you, I'd just treat you like you're some kind of freak or idiot.  Would you like that?

There's a difference between tolerating something and agreeing with it.  I don't see why you have a problem with tolerating gays.  Yes, the parades can be annoying, but tolerating gays in everyday life is much easier, don't you think?
You dont have to tolerate me go on ahead and treat me like shit i'm used to it. Btw you're wrong i am not a conservative. I am above anything else an Asshole.

I dont tolerate people that go on a parade float, Dressing up as the other sex, And throwing candy to the kids with 2 naked men on it, Calling it "OK"
I accept the people that go to work/school/whatever they do, In normal gender specific or gender neutral clothes, Do what they gotta do and act like normal people, When they get home they do what they want(As long as they dont harm anyone) Those people i'm fine with. It is'nt just gays it's everyone. Do you think I wanna see some guy come to work with their flag and "cultural clothes" and the whole day make a show of it saying they're proud of being from there? Fine then be proud but just dont showoff!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5830|North Carolina
So, you're against American patriotism too then, right?
David.P
Banned
+649|5699

Turquoise wrote:

So, you're against American patriotism too then, right?
Explain.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5830|North Carolina

David.Podedworny wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

So, you're against American patriotism too then, right?
Explain.
You mentioned something about not wanting people to wear flags and parade about their pride in being from some country, and I figured that must include American pride too.
The_Mac
Member
+96|5651
I never understood gay pride. Whats there to be proud of? You like shagging other guys in the bum?
That's really productive to society--definitely worth pride.
David.P
Banned
+649|5699

Turquoise wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

So, you're against American patriotism too then, right?
Explain.
You mentioned something about not wanting people to wear flags and parade about their pride in being from some country, and I figured that must include American pride too.
I meant it as a comparison. Not really a good one since being proud of your country and being proud of what you like are 2 extremely different things(People maybe proud of America but hate it right now cause of Bush) Let me rephrase that. "Do you think I wanna see some guy come to work with the flag of their group(I dont mean nations) and "Pamphlets for their organization" and the whole day make a show of it saying they're proud of being a part of it. Fine then be proud but just dont showoff!" If you dont think that certain organizations have their own parades might i point you to the Black Panthers Marches? Or the KKK march in New York of 98? Maybe when the Carpenters Union Marched down the streets of a former eastern bloc country?(Cant remember what year it was) Be proud of your nation but dont be proud of the group you are in. They are annoying and troublesome when they block off streets etc etc. Listen i'm tired i have to go to work early tomorrow g'night all.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5830|North Carolina

David.Podedworny wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:


Explain.
You mentioned something about not wanting people to wear flags and parade about their pride in being from some country, and I figured that must include American pride too.
I meant it as a comparison. Not really a good one since being proud of your country and being proud of what you like are 2 extremely different things(People maybe proud of America but hate it right now cause of Bush) Let me rephrase that. "Do you think I wanna see some guy come to work with the flag of their group(I dont mean nations) and "Pamphlets for their organization" and the whole day make a show of it saying they're proud of being a part of it. Fine then be proud but just dont showoff!" If you dont think that certain organizations have their own parades might i point you to the Black Panthers Marches? Or the KKK march in New York of 98? Maybe when the Carpenters Union Marched down the streets of a former eastern bloc country?(Cant remember what year it was) Be proud of your nation but dont be proud of the group you are in. They are annoying and troublesome when they block off streets etc etc. Listen i'm tired i have to go to work early tomorrow g'night all.
That makes more sense then.  Don't get me wrong, I think gay parades are silly, but I still tolerate them.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|5608|Ireland

David.Podedworny wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

@Lotta if you suggest banning me for my opinions gtfo dst.
People get banned for their opinions all the time.
B.I.P. Spittle. I may have not liked some of your opinions but atleast you were honest.
I am not for banning people for their opinions, but spreading dangerous notions on a forum is another thing.  It is one thing to disagree with someone or their beliefs, but to suggest that they should not live is another thing.  I think we can all agree that ALL gays do not intend to harm anyone and to suggest that ALL gays do not deserve to live is a very dangerous concept to spread around you people. 

Thanks for the nice comment about Spittle.  His was one of the most unjust and violent bannings I have ever seen.  The Mods slowly cut his hands from his arms as he typed over and over " Long Live Yerded " while bagging for mercy.  All due to the Mods being to weak minded to understand that Islam is a belief system and not a Race.

I am still haunted by the memory of see Major_Spittle become martyred, but am consoled with the thought that he is in a much better place now with Yerded.
iamangry
Member
+59|6071|The United States of America
gay parades are retarded.  Its a bunch of wussies who think they're being oppressed running around and totally destroying whatever support they had from mentally competent straight folk by turning their sexuality into a spectacle.  You want to be gay, fine.  Do it on your own time in your own personal life, just like the rest of us with our relationships are made to.  But don't be "proud" of your sexuality.  If it's really just the way you are, there's nothing to be proud about.  Nobody's proud about having opposable thumbs, and its just as natural as sexuality. 

People are only proud of things that make them different, which is exactly what you are trying to say you aren't.  You claim to be normal and just like anyone else, and yet you choose to single yourselves out and flaunt your differences in people's faces.  Grow up.  Restart the logic centers of your brains.  Fight to be accepted, not to be different.  If what you claim is true, then all you have different from us is your sexual preference.  So act it.  No more parades for your differences.  This is America.  And in America, people aren't proud of who their born, but of who they become.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|5705

geNius wrote:

I am against gay marriage.  I am for gay civil unions (give them the same tax breaks.)
Semantic difference. Unfortunately all the bills drawn up regarding same-sex civil unions are a pale imitation of the special rights that straight married couples enjoy. Usually this is a result of our honest and above-board social conservatives saying "If you give up on marriage, we'll let you have civil unions" which is followed up by either a total ban on all possible forms of legal same-sex union or a watered-down version that might as well be an apartment lease for all the rights it grants.

geNius wrote:

I do not think gay couples should raise children.  I am fairly indifferent on the subject, when it comes to most things, but I honestly don't believe it's healthy for any child to be raised in that sort of environment.
The professionals in the fields of psychology and child development would beg to differ with you.

geNius wrote:

Children have enough to deal with, socially, without having to explain why they have two fathers or two mothers.  I think we should be tolerant of people's alternative lifestyles, but I am 100% against enabling or encouraging it.
The problem with that idea is, you're blaming the parents for the outside actions of people they have zero control over. This is roughly like saying black people shouldn't have children since it would then be their fault if someone calls their kid racial slurs.

The_Mac wrote:

I never understood gay pride. Whats there to be proud of? You like shagging other guys in the bum?
That's really productive to society--definitely worth pride.
Right, because the only defining characteristic of every human being is who they fuck and how they fuck them. Thanks for your own productive addition to society via the mental flatulence you just shared with the rest of us and you should be proud that you've probably just caused a one point dip in the IQ of every sentient organic life form that's close enough to receive electronic transmissions from Earth just from the intensity of the spurious logic required to arrive at that conclusion.

iamangry wrote:

gay parades are retarded.  Its a bunch of wussies who think they're being oppressed running around and totally destroying whatever support they had from mentally competent straight folk by turning their sexuality into a spectacle.
Oh absolutely. Those queers just think they're oppressed. It's not like they ever get murdered or assaulted for being gay. It's not like anyone wants it to be legal to fire people for being gay, or prevent them from marrying or adopting children. It's not like anyone claims to be able to cure homosexuality with therapy that has no proven success rate, seems to go hand-in-hand with an increased likelihood of suicide and is condemned by every major psychiatric institution around the country. It's not like fag jokes are a staple of hundreds of movies and tv shows. It's not like our entire culture seems to be conditioned to use "gay" as a pejorative even though it makes them sound like fucking idiots. That's some impressive persecution complex if it can make things actually manifest in our reality out of nowhere.

And as far as wussies go? I'd like to see you live a few months in those shoes. My money says you'd slit your wrists or eat a gun inside of a week.

iamangry wrote:

You want to be gay, fine.  Do it on your own time in your own personal life, just like the rest of us with our relationships are made to.
Sure, that's why nobody's ever seen a straight couple probing for each others' tonsils or furiously dry-humping in public. But even forgetting that, you or I could put a picture of our significant others on our desks at work, were we so inclined and said desks were available, without getting a single solitary negative comment from any coworker except under the most bizarre circumstances. Try putting a picture of a guy on your desk and telling coworkers that he's your boyfriend and you'll find out just how nasty people can be while still managing not to violate office rules on employee conduct.

iamangry wrote:

Fight to be accepted, not to be different.  If what you claim is true, then all you have different from us is your sexual preference.  So act it.  No more parades for your differences.  This is America.  And in America, people aren't proud of who their born, but of who they become.
What, fight to be the same? Fight for conformity? Fight to become part of the monolithic whole? This is America. A nation where the few stood up against the monolithic whole that was the British Empire and told them to fuck off. A nation where we created our own customs, our own way of doing things, our own way of government, our own way of fucking life. We aren't a nation of clones, we're a nation of individuals. Individuals whose different paths and different ways of looking at things make a society stronger where sameness and conformity would lead to weakness and stagnation. We're not meant to be a copy of some authoritarian conformist society like the former Soviet Union where everyone subsumes their individuality in the grey and featureless State. Who the fuck would want to live like that? I don't. I want six foot tall drag queens with bad makeup and five-o-clock shadow. I want leather-clad dominatrixes riding in chariots pulled by motorcycle-riding dykes. I want big fucking burly guys with ridiculous Freddie Mercury mustaches and those silly godsdamn biker caps marching down the godsdamn street. I want topless lesbians covered in body paint twirling cheerleader batons. And more than all of that, I want soul-sick little button-down conformist fucktards standing on the sidelines glaring and grinding their teeth in a mixture of rage at not being able to do anything to stop it and jealousy that they're not part of the fucking party because they can't let themselves be a part of it.
Lai
Member
+186|5576

geNius wrote:

Many people definitely have mixed feelings on this issue, and can't goo 100% in either direction.  I am against gay marriage.  I am for gay civil unions (give them the same tax breaks.)  I do not think gay couples should raise children.  I am fairly indifferent on the subject, when it comes to most things, but I honestly don't believe it's healthy for any child to be raised in that sort of environment.  Say what you will, but homosexuality is not normal by any sense of the word.  Children have enough to deal with, socially, without having to explain why they have two fathers or two mothers.  I think we should be tolerant of people's alternative lifestyles, but I am 100% against enabling or encouraging it.
I'm not with you on the marriage thing; if they can have the same rights, let them marry too, why not?

However considering raising children, I do agree with you. Children should preferably not be placed in an environment in which they enjoy a higher risk of "derailing". A lot of people say that "well, that goes for divorced parrents or just lousy parrents as well, gays can be great parrents". Yes indeed they can and yes other situations can be even less preferable, but the fact that the child has an increased risk of getting emotional problems still remains and you simply cannot tell divorced or simply loussy parrents not the get the child they already have. With gays you can; either by denying them to adopt a child or denying them a sperm donor (goes for deliberate single moms too, by the way). If a low-risk couple want to adopt a child, they are bein screened over and over again and can be rejected on all sorts of grounds; same goes for IVF. Same-sex parrents is just another one of those unpreferable conditions on which ground it should be denied.
iamangry
Member
+59|6071|The United States of America

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

1.  Oh absolutely. Those queers just think they're oppressed. It's not like they ever get murdered or assaulted for being gay. It's not like anyone wants it to be legal to fire people for being gay, or prevent them from marrying or adopting children. It's not like anyone claims to be able to cure homosexuality with therapy that has no proven success rate, seems to go hand-in-hand with an increased likelihood of suicide and is condemned by every major psychiatric institution around the country. It's not like fag jokes are a staple of hundreds of movies and tv shows. It's not like our entire culture seems to be conditioned to use "gay" as a pejorative even though it makes them sound like fucking idiots. That's some impressive persecution complex if it can make things actually manifest in our reality out of nowhere.

2.  And as far as wussies go? I'd like to see you live a few months in those shoes. My money says you'd slit your wrists or eat a gun inside of a week.

3.  Sure, that's why nobody's ever seen a straight couple probing for each others' tonsils or furiously dry-humping in public. But even forgetting that, you or I could put a picture of our significant others on our desks at work, were we so inclined and said desks were available, without getting a single solitary negative comment from any coworker except under the most bizarre circumstances. Try putting a picture of a guy on your desk and telling coworkers that he's your boyfriend and you'll find out just how nasty people can be while still managing not to violate office rules on employee conduct.

4.  What, fight to be the same? Fight for conformity? Fight to become part of the monolithic whole? This is America. A nation where the few stood up against the monolithic whole that was the British Empire and told them to fuck off. A nation where we created our own customs, our own way of doing things, our own way of government, our own way of fucking life. We aren't a nation of clones, we're a nation of individuals. Individuals whose different paths and different ways of looking at things make a society stronger where sameness and conformity would lead to weakness and stagnation. We're not meant to be a copy of some authoritarian conformist society like the former Soviet Union where everyone subsumes their individuality in the grey and featureless State. Who the fuck would want to live like that? I don't. I want six foot tall drag queens with bad makeup and five-o-clock shadow. I want leather-clad dominatrixes riding in chariots pulled by motorcycle-riding dykes. I want big fucking burly guys with ridiculous Freddie Mercury mustaches and those silly godsdamn biker caps marching down the godsdamn street. I want topless lesbians covered in body paint twirling cheerleader batons. And more than all of that, I want soul-sick little button-down conformist fucktards standing on the sidelines glaring and grinding their teeth in a mixture of rage at not being able to do anything to stop it and jealousy that they're not part of the fucking party because they can't let themselves be a part of it.
1.  Individuals do what they want.  If they want to use gay as a pejorative, thats their choice.  Just like I can legally call a black man a nigger to his face.  I wouldn't, because I like living, but that's not the point.  To say that violates a gay man's rights is ridiculous.  Unless the government is killing them or assaulting their rights, or if the people in general were assaulting their rights, I don't see how you can call them oppressed.  There are no sexuality discriminating rights in this country.  You're a guy and you want to be married?  Marry a woman.  A straight man can't marry a straight man, so how is a gay man's rights assaulted if he can't marry a gay man.  Love isn't part of the law buddy. 

2.  Fuck you sir.  You don't know what I've been through, so don't you dare presume to think you do.  Maybe I'll start a thread one day about how I'm persecuted, when I'm ready to be laughed out of this forum because almost EVERYONE persecutes for what I'm "guilty" of (Note: for those of you wondering, its nothing sexual in nature). 

3.  I can safely say I've never seen two people "dry humping" in public.  Ever.  If I saw two gay guys dry humping in public I wouldn't be offended.  I would be offended if they clogged a major thoroughfare with a thousand of them dry humping.  Then again, I'd be offended if a bunch of straight people did that too.  Only thing is, straight people don't do that.  Again, you can't force people to like you.  If someone at work assaults you because you're gay, that's his choice.  That's part of your battle with the common ignorant man.  What I tried to say previously was that you don't win that sort of battle by flaunting your differences in their faces. 

4.  Learn some real American history.  We didn't leave for differences.  We left for taxes.  Sure, individual colonies left in the beginning for religion, but they were still part of Britain and ultimately accepted as such by the time we broke away.  We are a pretty tolerant people when not antagonized.  I don't mean conformity by the numbers- clones and such.  I mean conformity by letting your differences show themselves, and being who you are, just like anyone else.  That's how you gain acceptance from other individuals.  If they cannot communicate comfortably with you, they will not like you.  That's just the way people are right now, hopefully one day we move past that.  I think most in America have.  I don't have a problem with drag queens, transsexuals, gays, lesbians... I'm friends with people from all these disciplines, because they have good personalities and are down to earth.  I did meet a gay guy who was flamboyant about being gay, and tried to make me gay several times.  I was not friends with him because he was off in ass-rail land.  He was rude, crude, stupid, and impossible to be comfortable around (because he was a groper ... and he thought the sun was mostly iron because he read it on a website on the internet ).  All I was trying to say was that you don't get accepted by showing how your different.  You get accepted by making people comfortable with you.  And gay parades aren't going to do that for you.
David.P
Banned
+649|5699
Damn right angry damn right. Gays bullshit too much and we are sick of it. They actually have more rights then other minorities(If you can call them that) Think about it if 2 black people were having sex in the street they would be arrested. But not gay's the cops would be too afraid of "Violating there Lifestyle choices" I have a lifestyle choice too i dont like bullshit. It's times like this i wish it was still the 50's.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6044|InGerLand

David.Podedworny wrote:

Damn right angry damn right. Gays bullshit too much and we are sick of it. They actually have more rights then other minorities(If you can call them that) Think about it if 2 black people were having sex in the street they would be arrested. But not gay's the cops would be too afraid of "Violating there Lifestyle choices" I have a lifestyle choice too i dont like bullshit. It's times like this i wish it was still the 50's.
I think anyone would be arrested for having sex in the middle of street, regardless of who they were. I don't see how they have more rights, they have a parade one day out of 365 whoopdee fucking do, change the channel? wear a blindfold for a day? get so drunk your sexuality swings that way anyway?
they can get a civil partnership in some countries, so what? so can anyone else.
I don't think they are proud of the fact they are gay more proud of the fact they are who they are, which is something everyone should be do you not think?
were you even alive in the 50's?
The_Mac
Member
+96|5651
I'd like somebody to answer this question, preferably a homosexual: What have you to be proud of with your sexuality? Where's the pride? Sure, you can be proud of being somebody, but saying, "I'm proud because I'm a homosexual and you're not" just reeks of arrogant stupidity.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5830|North Carolina

The_Mac wrote:

I'd like somebody to answer this question, preferably a homosexual: What have you to be proud of with your sexuality? Where's the pride? Sure, you can be proud of being somebody, but saying, "I'm proud because I'm a homosexual and you're not" just reeks of arrogant stupidity.
I'm not gay, but I'd assume that it's like the black pride thing.  These parades are aimed at gaining acceptance and tolerance, but as this thread shows, it seems to have backfired.
The_Mac
Member
+96|5651

Turquoise wrote:

I'm not gay, but I'd assume that it's like the black pride thing.  These parades are aimed at gaining acceptance and tolerance, but as this thread shows, it seems to have backfired.
That's still pathetic. It's excellent and I encourage you to be proud of your race and background, and how you helped build your country, but when you parade your sexuality around because it's not accepted because it's warped, yes, I will say it would backfire. It's arrogant. Nobody cares if you're homosexual, no one really does. The fact they feel they have to parade it around is what makes them the arrogant society destroying sons of bitches.

Last edited by The_Mac (2007-07-15 15:27:28)

=OBS= EstebanRey
Member
+256|5976|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
It aint normal

The_Mac
Member
+96|5651
LMFAO! Ahahahahahaha!
PureFodder
Member
+225|5711
It's probably worth noting that the gay pride marches etc. actually directly represent a tiny minority of gay people. The majority of gay people have more important stuff to do than go on marches, just like straight people. Like most people who go on marches and demonstrations, you're seeing the most pollitically activist of the entire group which is certainly not a direct representation of the typical person in that group. I'd say I'm very firmly a with the global warming believers, but I'd very much seperate myself from most of the environmentalist campaigners.

Most conservatives don't campaign outside abortion clinics and most liberals don't campaign outside animal testing labs.

People in a gay pride march =/= the average gay person.

Last edited by PureFodder (2007-07-15 16:36:27)

golgoj4
Member
+51|6199|North Hollywood

David.Podedworny wrote:

Damn right angry damn right. Gays bullshit too much and we are sick of it. They actually have more rights then other minorities(If you can call them that) Think about it if 2 black people were having sex in the street they would be arrested. But not gay's the cops would be too afraid of "Violating there Lifestyle choices" I have a lifestyle choice too i dont like bullshit. It's times like this i wish it was still the 50's.
You sir, are a retard. Please tell me in what city gays can bang away on the streets? Yours? Since you can make this comparison so freely you must have come across it right?

Face it, you fear gays for whatever reason and seeing them makes you uncomfortable. I dont see why you are so scared personally but...
golgoj4
Member
+51|6199|North Hollywood

The_Mac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'm not gay, but I'd assume that it's like the black pride thing.  These parades are aimed at gaining acceptance and tolerance, but as this thread shows, it seems to have backfired.
That's still pathetic. It's excellent and I encourage you to be proud of your race and background, and how you helped build your country, but when you parade your sexuality around because it's not accepted because it's warped, yes, I will say it would backfire. It's arrogant. Nobody cares if you're homosexual, no one really does. The fact they feel they have to parade it around is what makes them the arrogant society destroying sons of bitches.
Sadly, plenty of people care if one is 'a homosexual' because they feel its their place to define whats acceptable. Just as you just did in your post. Its warped according to you. Once they dont have to deal with people who cant get past judging and discriminating against them, you wont see any parades.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6190|Dallas
Homosexuals make me sick. 

Unless they are two very attractive, young females (18-30).  Then I can usually handle it, but honestly, how often does that happen?  Never.

Disgusting.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,277|6141
Why do Gay people think other people give a shit? Why don't we start a straight pride and wear sexy clothing.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard