imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6776|Human Meat Shield
Somehow I can't get the microphone for VOIP to work, It tests and does good but once it goes into actual game mode it doesn't. Any help?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6855|"Frisco"

How do you know it's not working?

Some server report that they have VOIP, but in reality they don't -- it's some kind of bug (go figure). Best is to test it with a friend on a few servers.
CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
When you are on the server list, make sure it has a headphone icon on the far left.  When you are in the game, make press "B" and you should see a green speaker icon show up on the right side of the screen.

Ensure that your threshold is not set too high as you need to have a certain amount of sound to trigger the microphone to work then.
imdead
Death StatPadder
ah....I didn't know about the "B" thing, guess I should've read the manual. I know alot have teamspeak. I've used the servers that had the headphone icon in them and still didn't get anything. seems to work before in-game, even when testing, sometimes it is red and sometimes it's good to go but in-game still nothing.
I'll try again today. thanks.
CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
I had the same problem before where I set my threshold to 10% and when I did the test it didn't pick up my speech sometimes.

I had to say "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." and then it would be able to receive my speech.  Try setting the threshold to 0%, after I did that, people could hear me fine.  I just had to turn off the TV and close the door to not pick up any background noise.
Rapidfire21
+0|6722
I just cant get it to work, i set my mic to the best threshold for it, and i say stuff and it comes up broken red, how can i fix this?
CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
Like I said. Don't set a threshold.  Put it to the minimum and see if that works.  A mic with background noise is better than not working at all.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way to use the VoIP chat you have to be in a squad and you have to hold B to talk.  If you are a squad leader holding B speaks to both your squad and your commander, holding V speaks only to your commander. Just trying to start from the basics as that is usually the cause of a lot of problems.

Last edited by CackNBallz (2005-12-08 14:13:49)

HellSibling
+0|6809
i used to be able to hear people talking and what not, but after i re-installed, i can't hear anyone anymore...was there something in the audio options i missed?  i'm at work right now, so i can't look in the manual...
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6772
my voip has always disabled itself...

i log onto a server it works for 30 seconds and then the voip enabled icon disappears from next to my name in the tab list

any ideas?
Zedman
+3|6733|NOVA

CackNBallz wrote:

EDIT: Oh, and by the way to use the VoIP chat you have to be in a squad and you have to hold B to talk.  If you are a squad leader holding B speaks to both your squad and your commander, holding V speaks only to your commander. Just trying to start from the basics as that is usually the cause of a lot of problems.
Actually "B" only talks to your squad and "V" only talks to the commander.
imdead
Death StatPadder
And what's this TeamSpeak?? I will try all these tonight to see if it works.. thanks for everyones help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard