indiandas
+1|6384
My friend just bought BF2 and BF2 SF (not deluxe edition) and installed everything on all the disks successfully, along with the 4 patches he need to update for. He runs a Mac and when the installation was done and we were ready to try it out it wouldnt work. Everytime we inserted the disk it would prompt an error and say "insert the Battlefield 2 installer disk". We clearly put in the right disk and even tried some of the other disks yet the game wouldn't run. I'm not sure what the problem is and i'm positive that since he bought it at a Mac store it works on macs. Also he has the "windows xp" mod for Mac's and is running it off that. We are not sure what the problem is and it would be a waste of 60$ if we can't get it to work. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks again,

Indian
David.P
Banned
+649|6293
Bf2 does'nt work on Mac.
devildogfo
+32|6342|Camp Lejeune
yesssshhhh it does. my buddy runs it on mac through the win emulator thingy. swears it runs better on there than it does on his regular PC. but i dont know why this fellas doesnt work, nor do i like mac.
labrador_wow_wow
+1|6507
It runs fine using BootCamp. You'll have to partition your drive to create some space for Windows+apps and then install XP.
I haven't tried using Parallels, which your friend has probably installed. I suspect the copy protection verification fails as XP is running on a layer on top of OS X.
Sooo.... use BootCamp! The performance will be higher anyway (pretty good on a MBP).
Bernadictus
+1,055|6756

indiandas wrote:

My friend just bought BF2 and BF2 SF (not deluxe edition) and installed everything on all the disks successfully, along with the 4 patches he need to update for. He runs a Mac and when the installation was done and we were ready to try it out it wouldnt work. Everytime we inserted the disk it would prompt an error and say "insert the Battlefield 2 installer disk". We clearly put in the right disk and even tried some of the other disks yet the game wouldn't run. I'm not sure what the problem is and i'm positive that since he bought it at a Mac store it works on macs. Also he has the "windows xp" mod for Mac's and is running it off that. We are not sure what the problem is and it would be a waste of 60$ if we can't get it to work. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks again,

Indian
Ok, you all shuss, expert time.

Your friend uses Bootcamp to install XP. And he probably has an CD/DVD emulator program such as Daemon tools running.

Uninstall BF2, and SF, then uninstall the CD/DVD and reinstall BF2/SF then patch it up.

Afterwards you can reinstall the emulator programs.

*hint: deinstall emulator programs before installing EA games.
Inimicus_7
+26|6381|England, UK
*boos*

I can't believe my post got deleted, it's the correct thing to do in the situation...
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6642|Camp XRay

Bernadictus wrote:

indiandas wrote:

Indian
Ok, you all shuss, expert time.

Your friend uses Bootcamp to install XP. And he probably has an CD/DVD emulator program such as Daemon tools running.

Uninstall BF2, and SF, then uninstall the CD/DVD and reinstall BF2/SF then patch it up.

Afterwards you can reinstall the emulator programs.

*hint: deinstall emulator programs before installing EA games.
negative berny if i had to guess he is using parallels, which doesn't support 3d acceleration.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
indiandas
+1|6384
hes running Parallels i just asked

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard