theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6399|6 feet under
The Marines Do Not Fly Blackhawks, The Navy/marine Corps Fly's Seahawks. I Keep Seeing This Everywhere.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

theit57 wrote:

The Marines Do Not Fly Blackhawks, The Navy/marine Corps Fly's Seahawks. I Keep Seeing This Everywhere.
Yes, but then again, there's no F/A-18s on the USS Essex, but you don't see that changing anytime, eh?

Nor do they fly A-10 Warthogs.

Last edited by cowami (2007-04-10 22:16:57)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Ch-53 Ftw!
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6399|6 feet under

cowami wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Yes, but then again, there's no F/A-18s on the USS Essex, but you don't see that changing anytime, eh?
i know, there should be though
Desolater
+13|6227|Maryland, USA
since when has EA care about realism???
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6514|montreal, quebec

@ theit57

it is: "The name is Bond, James Bond"
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6277|Illinois
USS. Essex also probably isn't so easily raped by 2 J-10s. Nor would it park so close to the shore.
Smitty5613
+46|6527|Middle of nowhere, California
and the Marines dont use the M24, they use the M40A1 and M40A2
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6399|6 feet under
Ok lets also sorta turn this into what could be more realistic about BF2. while still keeping with the original topic.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Well, instead of having 1 PLA soldier, one unit should be a group of three soldiers. After all, they do have the billion man army.

And munitions headed toward your carrier should be able to be shot down. After all, that's the CIWS's job. Shoot down incoming missiles.

Last edited by cowami (2007-04-10 22:28:01)

.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6277|Illinois
Your soldier should be able to sprint across the street w/o getting winded. The blackhawk/seahawk gun should suck less. Missles should hit J-10s when locked on. More than 3 ft fall needed to open parachute. MP-7 should be uber-powerful. One pistol shot to the head should kill. Claymores should have its real kill radius's (20-30m). USS Essex should be able to take down enemy planes 300mi away.
ok i'm done....for now
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6439|King Of The Islands

cowami wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Nor do they have bad hitreg.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Smithereener
+138|6316|California

.robzored. wrote:

Claymores should have its real kill radius's (20-30m)
Now that would totally suck.

Last edited by Smithereener (2007-04-10 22:33:20)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6399|6 feet under
Ok, here's what I think. I think that EA should make BF2 more realistic, but not quite a realistic as PR. ow ever there should be some things kept like the ability to change kits w/o dying, changing the naming of the blackhawk to seahawk and various other things like that. any more ideas on what could be made a little more realistic?
ethrion
+25|6393|Hong Kong @ the moment

Smithereener wrote:

.robzored. wrote:

Claymores should have its real kill radius's (20-30m)
Now that would totally suck.
While not realistic I find that Claymores do have a pretty good kill range. 20-30m would totally suck ass though!

And if we are going for total realism here then there shouldnt be a MEC army at all, let along a SF MEC!
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6277|Illinois
If we really really wanted to be realistic there would be no PLA either, as the US would have bombed the country off the face of the earth.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6478|Communist Republic of CA, USA

cowami wrote:

theit57 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the title USMC is meant to include all of the branches of the US Military, and I base this on the fact that if you look at a pilot's helmet (I did this standing on an F-35 looking into cockpit with an M24) it says "Air Force" On it.  And the use of Blackhawk's and such
ethrion

.robzored. wrote:

If we really really wanted to be realistic there would be no PLA either, as the US would have bombed the country off the face of the earth.
Ahhh sweet! So it'd be the mighty USMC/SEALs/SAS vs a bunch of rag tag rebels. Awesome game!

Last edited by ethrion (2007-04-10 22:57:09)

Smitty5613
i think it would be sweet to have different kits be from different branches of the military

ex) Sniper would be Marines, and have a "Pilot" kit like in FH and be Air Force, Medic could be like a Navy Corpsman.
Hobie819
+0|6291
if you look at a pilot's helmet (I did this standing on an F-35 looking into cockpit with an M24) it says "Air Force" On it.
On that note, the F-35 shown in BF2 is the marine variant of it. The air force version will not have VTOL capabilities, nor does the air force fly F/A 18's (assuming the helmet looks the same in an F-18), however they do fly F-15's.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6399|6 feet under
also people the "carrier" is not an actual carrier (i know many of you already know this), however the ship USS Essex (LHD-2) does however exist
ethrion

theit57 wrote:

Isnt there a type of helicopter called the SeaKing? I'm sure its massive and was incl in Desert Combat...

p.s. Anyone know if the attack helo is correct? Right helmets etc...
Smitty5613

Hobie819 wrote:

if you look at a pilot's helmet (I did this standing on an F-35 looking into cockpit with an M24) it says "Air Force" On it.
On that note, the F-35 shown in BF2 is the marine variant of it. The air force version will not have VTOL capabilities, nor does the air force fly F/A 18's (assuming the helmet looks the same in an F-18), however they do fly F-15's.
The F-18 was originally designed for the Air Force, but for some reason they switched it to navy
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Smitty5613 wrote:

Hobie819 wrote:

The F-18 was originally designed for the Air Force, but for some reason they switched it to navy
They held a competition. The YF-16 and YF-17 were pitted against each other, and the YF-16 won out. As such, it was adopted by the United States Air Force as their main air superiority fighter under the nomenclature F-16. The YF-17 "Cobra" was redesigned, and adopted by the Navy, earning the designation of F/A-18.

I love aviation history.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA
can they jump 3-4 feet in the air then "superman it" to the ground and have perfect accuracy?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard