Redback00
+51|6565
I thought I would share a little video (my first) that focuses more on teamwork than just showing off TV missile shots; although there are a few of those too. It was taken over about 5 rounds and caught the full gamut of kills....jets included (please note, in movie, the chopper solo-er who graciously turns sideways for me)

I've flown in choppers a bit and the game is so much more enjoyable when you have a skilled pilot with the hellfire's, it's great to watch, and telling the pilot "you take it" or working out who's taking what (see movie at hotel - I take the APC, pilot takes the tank) adds so much more value from a gaming experience than just running around killing things.

[google]http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=6188650224208414210&hl=en-AU[/google]
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6641
so, you want a cookie for what a chopper is already expected to do? not to be crass, but its just, isnt that how it always is?
Redback00
+51|6565

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

so, you want a cookie for what a chopper is already expected to do? not to be crass, but its just, isnt that how it always is?
Expected ......yes

But does it happen....Almost never

Either the pilot sits around waiting for the gunner to kill everything. Or the pilot doesn't line the gunner up. Not too often you have a chopper team.

Keep your cookie...you meant to be crass or else you wouldn't have said it.
Jet Blast
Banned
+15|6225
nice vid
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6641

Redback00 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Expected ......yes

Either the pilot sits around waiting for the gunner to kill everything. Or the pilot doesn't line the gunner up. Not too often you have a chopper team.

well here, ill give you a cookie. infact, ill give you two. merry christmas.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Redback00 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Expected ......yes

thats what we like to see, good communication and teamwork between pilot and gunner, i used to fly with this dude called avosk1, i still do now and again, we are kickass together

http://bf2s.com/player/59865951/ theyre his stats, he knows how to fly choppers check his time spen tin them, 1300 hours ffs
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6219|Scotland!
+1 nice video
Redback00
+51|6565

Jameseyy wrote:

+1 nice video

Jet Blast wrote:

nice vid
thx
Redback00
+51|6565

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Redback00 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Expected ......yes

well here, ill give you a cookie. infact, ill give you two. merry christmas.
Apparently reading is not one of your strong points
Profitteroles
+11|6230|Dartford
Yeah nice video mate very rare you get a pilot and gunner that work well together that don't know each other, usually you get a gunner who's finger never comes off the trigger but never hits anything or cant use TV missiles and a pilot that thinks doing loads of elaborate loops twirls and spins it best coz it looks cool b4 crashing into the ground
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6519|stalker.
Nice video
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6755|mansfield
nice vid Redback00
Redback00
+51|6565

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

nice vid Redback00
thx hurricane
DooM
+28|6298
Nice vid. If im pubbing with no m8s on I just solo pilot if I can, usually the pilot I get flys into the ground (which happened yesterday @ kubra) or if they are gunner they sit spraying and praying at tanks. If I do it myself I can line myself up and take the shots which is a hell of a lot easier.

Oh yeah @ sp The chopper can do what you want to do but its getting someone whos competent enough to initiate what i can do. Still he had a good chopper team so I still wouldnt call it a useless vid or w.e.

Last edited by DooM (2007-04-11 03:19:54)

Slickfish
+24|6614
Nice to see it done rite, im sh*t but I understand how it should look, as I've been smashed enough by better pilots/gunners.
Redback00
+51|6565

Profitteroles wrote:

Yeah nice video mate very rare you get a pilot and gunner that work well together that don't know each other, usually you get a gunner who's finger never comes off the trigger but never hits anything or cant use TV missiles and a pilot that thinks doing loads of elaborate loops twirls and spins it best coz it looks cool b4 crashing into the ground
thx profit...
ScoutStrike
+37|6245
Heh, nice how 25% of your TV kills are on that one MEC chopper who's just taking off...
Profitteroles
+11|6230|Dartford

ScoutStrike wrote:

Heh, nice how 25% of your TV kills are on that one MEC chopper who's just taking off...
And why would you let him take off and have a chance of taking you down???
']['error
Banned
+630|6635|The Netherlands
nice vid
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6471|Sheffield-England
The clip at 43 seconds , you don't even kill them?

Last edited by stkhoplite (2007-04-11 04:11:37)

Redback00
+51|6565

stkhoplite wrote:

The clip at 43 seconds , you don't even kill them?
Um...yeah we do.
Redback00
+51|6565

ScoutStrike wrote:

And the other 75% we do, I thought that was being pretty nice...you're point? You would do the same.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6776|Perth, Western Australia
Tsk Tsk whoring it up on node 13 and 6 redback... I think I might be a victim on that video (though I dont see why you didn't put in all those times Ive smacked you down with an Eryx )

But serisouly nice vid, its nice to see that

a) its not just another "look how leeet I am" compendium of long range shots

and

b) Its not to the tune of some shitty death metal or whingy music

So Karma +1 from me for the music at least, as well as the greatness of the video itself
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6403|Belgium
Nice, I love TV'ing but most pilots are either selfish or complete nubcakes. Either way they don't line up shots. But sometimes you come across one of those pilots who knows what he's doing and then it's pure fun.
I liked your video (+1),  myself I still have some difficulties with TV'ing other choppers while in a duel where both are pulling evasive maneuvers and I've never been able to TV a jet.

Last edited by FlemishHCmaniac (2007-04-11 05:05:34)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

Uh nice work for both of you!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard