DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6231|On your screen
Who are you ?

You are heavy armor. Basically, your job is to rain 125 or 120 mm SABOT rounds on your enemy, and make them suffer with the constant 15 second wait. You can punch a hole through the enemy defenses, while your very presence makes the enemy pee their pants. You are to be feared, but only if you can make them fear you. I shall attempt to explain to you tank-lovers and haters alike how you should make your enemy fear you as a tank pilot.

Tanks versus tanks:

For an idea tank habitat, I recommend urban maps without air units, as you won’t get whored. Jalal, Karkand, and Mashtuur are good maps.

In fact, tanks were actually used to destroy other tanks, not whore infantry *gasp*. In a tank vs. tank duel, please, NEVER charge straight at the tank. Fire off a round, deploy smoke, and go around the enemy tank. Once you see that guy’s ass, fire off a round, and have your squad mop up any survivors. This is assuming that he has no trigger-happy AT nooblets with him. Charging straight at the enemy only makes it a tête-à-tête where you exchange round for round. Using strategy insures your survival and humiliates the other poor dumb bastard.

In case your enemy DOES have AT troops….

Take those AT infantry out. They pose a greater threat to you than the tank, because they reload faster, while packing the same punch. Like before, deploy smoke, and get the hell out of there. You should have a squad backing you up. If you don’t, then I shall curse you to die a fiery death at the hands of those irritating jihad jeeps, because you deserve it.

Jihad jeeps:

As most of you will know, it gets quite irritating when the enemy sticks C4 onto their jeep and come rushing to you at full speed. When that happens, take a lead on the jeep and fire. This should kill the lightly armored vehicle/kill the driver. Keep firing your coax as that should discourage him from gunning straight at you. If you have such a crap aim, then RUN! There is really nothing you can do to stop a jihad, unless your squadmates have good aim or are using aimbots. 

Tanks versus aircraft:

In fact, you should NEVER go against an aircraft. See a gunship coming at you? Get out and hide in the bushes! He’s not going to go for a vacant tank, and hopefully you have good teamwork so that a fastmover could take those turkeys out quickly.

Hidden AT infantry:

If you see the smoke trail, fire off a few 7.62mm rounds. If they hit the spot, fire your main cannon. That should either make them lose their heads, or force them to take cover. Also, call your commander for UAV support so you know where they are. Again, you should have a squad backing you up, so they could take care of those pesky AT’s.

Okay, I have basically added the main topics, and I’m strapped for time, so I’ll edit this or add more points when I have the time. Feel free to post more tank strategies below, but don’t flame us for using tanks. Not happy? Go get your AT kit or C4’s, and I’ll meet you on Karkand.

Last edited by DeltaForce (2007-04-09 05:11:14)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6717|Germany
A good intention by you.
But this has already been covered in the wiki.
http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/armor-tactics
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6235|Albion
good basic guide. needs fleshing out for more advanced players.

KEY POINT: IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A TANK DRIVER - BE AN ENGINEER SO YOU CAN REPAIR YOUR OWN TANK.

COROLLARY: IF YOUR TANK IS DAMAGED - REPAIR IT
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
As engineer, if you get out to repair, drop a mine first so at least if you are stupid enought to get it stolen, they get a nice trip back to the respawn when they drive off.
Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia
Just my 2 pennies,  AT doesn't load as fast as the tank does, and they don't do as much damage.  A tank has the ability to destroy a fully healthy tank in 1 shot, where the best AT team needs 2. 

But as an ex-armor whore, and a newly expert AT team, here's the biggest tip you can know (other than be an engineer)

Never expose the rear of your tank.  Stick it up against a building if you aren't moving.  The rear of the tank is the largest softest target another AT team can hit.  Always keep the front of your tank facing the enemy because that's the side that has the most armor.  It's ok to sit and rotate you're tank while in a fight instead of constant movement because as long as the other guy isn't showing his front to you and you don't miss, you'll always win.
Jem250
+4|6236|Bath, UK
Softest target is technically the glassis plate on the lower part of the front but I'm definitely not disagreeing with the advice Drexel.

My top tank tip has always been to exploit how good they are at defending a position - moving forwards with a tank (especially anywhere near flags or near lots of buildings) leaves you potentially driving past hidden AT goons, but holding a key position is much, much easier.

Take for instance the gateway to the city on Jalalabad, it's a key position to hold to win the map because if you can stop the USMC sending any vehicles through that gap you're pretty much guaranteeing the safety of Market, Mosque and Hotel.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6481
My point to add is to run with another tanker who shares you views on map domination. Always spot enemy tanks and make sure you are in constant communication with the other tanker.  By keeping down the enemy armour your teams can pretty much mop up any remaining infantry.
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
good guide
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6737|DUTCH snap ik!
it's a good newbie tank guide
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

DeltaForce wrote:

Go get your AT kit or C4’s, and I’ll meet you on Karkand.
Let me get this straight. You are telling us how to play Armour and then say:

DeltaForce wrote:

In fact, tanks were actually used to destroy other tanks, not whore infantry *gasp*.

Ok guide, but its all been said before on the wiki guide.

Real Armour players play on big maps. None of this karkand, sharqi or other city map spawnraping shite. Get some proper skills and meet armour on the proper vehicle orientated maps in the game and see how you fare.
DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6231|On your screen

Snake wrote:

DeltaForce wrote:

Go get your AT kit or C4’s, and I’ll meet you on Karkand.
Let me get this straight. You are telling us how to play Armour and then say:

DeltaForce wrote:

In fact, tanks were actually used to destroy other tanks, not whore infantry *gasp*.

Ok guide, but its all been said before on the wiki guide.

Real Armour players play on big maps. None of this karkand, sharqi or other city map spawnraping shite. Get some proper skills and meet armour on the proper vehicle orientated maps in the game and see how you fare.
this was a guide for noobs though...as i'm sure that none of them may want to spawn in big maps and deal with numerous tanks, APC's, and aircraft.

Last edited by DeltaForce (2007-04-10 00:53:47)

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6653|The Netherlands

DeltaForce wrote:

Tanks versus aircraft:

In fact, you should NEVER go against an aircraft. See a gunship coming at you? Get out and hide in the bushes! He’s not going to go for a vacant tank, and hopefully you have good teamwork so that a fastmover could take those turkeys out quickly.
wrong i can shoot an aircraft or helo with ease. just aim high above the aircraft and flame it... sure it will not hit al the times but i if you hit your made your day and they ll like: .... OMG H4X .... thats funny
but ok this is a noobs guid so your right good guide

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2007-04-10 01:11:10)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

Not bad....I should really contribute to this sometime. Taking down attack heli's is the funnest part. I found it works best on Special Forces maps as they tend to fly lower...

I've been thinkin of making a good guide (with screenshots etc, and videos...But I don't have the time to sit down and work 4-5 hours on a guide.) Text guides kinda suck. You gotta be able to SHOW people how to do it!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
fightingw/outfightng.
my missiles go further than yours
+11|6353
Fightings quick guide to using armor:

1. Get in armor

2. Drive to nearest Heli/Jet/Car in armor

3. Get out armor

4.Get in said Heli/Jet/Car

The end

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard