venom6
Since day One.
+247|6549|Hungary
Okey if you are the one that plays EF a lot and you can fly this Helo then your the man !
I dont know but this chopper need to be fixed as its a horror to fly it.

- Its controlling is too sensitive you can overcast so easy even when you are going to take off and you start turning around. Its just crazy...

- The armor is also bad because if you just hit the helo pad for repairing from 75% to 100% you will loose like 25% by hitting the ground. Also you crash easy  by its too good flyability.

- For me the splash damage seems to be not enough

- The TV missle is flying a way too fast and its hard to control

Now lets see some positive thoughts !

+ It would be a nice chopper because its a fast chopper and it can turn, spin in the air pretty quick.

Maybe its just me but I end a round with 4/8 and 5 are suicides caused by this chopper.
Anyone else positive or negative experiance with this helo ?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6558|NYC / Hamburg

don't spin while taking off. I agree the tiger is not the easiest to fly, but it seems on par with the US & PLA ones.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6521|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I suck at landing at everwhere except the Helopad but it's fun to fly. In Op. Smoke Screen, the Migs have a hard time hitting me like the EuroFighter. Fighting TigerHAP's with MI28's is like J10 vs F35B
-MIKI3.
+70|6634|The Netherlands
Yes, once it's off the ground...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6556|England

Its fine to fly. In fact, I find it handles more like the Apache when trying to circle areas - even having that "bit" where you can only recover by completely pulling out of the circle.

With the Mi28's cannon and the small body shell of the Z10/AH1Z, whats there not to like?

1) Its controlling is fine. In fact, I dont find it that sensitive at all. More like a Z10 in many ways.

2) Learn to fly Or just hover like I always do...

3) Splash damage for what? Cannon or missiles?

4) Does it fly faster? Ive never noticed. Only the TV on Ghost Town seems faster, but thats because of the built up environment (its an illusion)
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6314|Graz, Austria
One thing:
Do not use the unguided missiles when you are too low. You won't be able to pull up again and crash most likely.
They height of a windmill or higher is fine.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6394|Alberta, Canada

max wrote:

don't spin while taking off.
I also found this out with experience...

But I think it's easy enough to fly. The FOV (more like the room to move) for the gunner's cannon sucks though. It can barely go up and down.
DooM
+28|6297
I can fly it fine, noobs tip it over. Only thing is its nearly impossible to solo with, as soon as you change to the second seat it nose dives fast and as soon as you change back its basically to late to regain control.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6556|England

DooM wrote:

I can fly it fine, noobs tip it over. Only thing is its nearly impossible to solo with, as soon as you change to the second seat it nose dives fast and as soon as you change back its basically to late to regain control.
QFT.
I realised that too. At least it encourages teamwork in that kind of way..
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6549|Hungary

Snake wrote:

Its fine to fly. In fact, I find it handles more like the Apache when trying to circle areas - even having that "bit" where you can only recover by completely pulling out of the circle.

With the Mi28's cannon and the small body shell of the Z10/AH1Z, whats there not to like?

1) Its controlling is fine. In fact, I dont find it that sensitive at all. More like a Z10 in many ways.

2) Learn to fly Or just hover like I always do...

3) Splash damage for what? Cannon or missiles?

4) Does it fly faster? Ive never noticed. Only the TV on Ghost Town seems faster, but thats because of the built up environment (its an illusion)
Okey you will need to give me flying lessons coz i just cant fly it that good.
Empty Smoke Screen servers ftw !
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6382|fåking denmark
I rarely fly a helo, I'm more likely a gunner.. But I LOVE to be a gunner in the Tiger HAP..
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6512|Istanbul-Turkey

Snake wrote:

DooM wrote:

QFT.
I havent played ef for ages, but I remember that if you switch seat while helo is paralel to the ground it wont do that.
diphusion
+3|6300
It's a light chopper, spins as soon as you swap seats - kinda like the apache in other maps.  If your enemy is dead center, hold left+up for half a second, hold right mouse button before you swap seats, fire tv straight away after you swap seat.  Takes less than a second to waste any enemy when you have it down.   Alternatively, fly solo and aim constantly to the left a bit so you can fire tv straight away.
Phrozenbot
+632|6606|do not disturb

Ottomania wrote:

Snake wrote:

DooM wrote:

QFT.
I havent played ef for ages, but I remember that if you switch seat while helo is paralel to the ground it wont do that.
Yea, you need to stay level. Staying low helps if you are trying to take out ground targets so you don't have to dip down much but then the other helis can spot you easier. So... I usually find myself trying to lose altitude when I want to solo a tank with a few barrel roles.

The Tiger is awesome vs the mi-28 but it's hard to control. I find doing whirlwinds around flags hard. I usually have to make them wider to stabilize and fly low because the gunner's cannon is so restricted.

The cannon is impressive for being on such a slender helicopter, but it's so restricted I figure it having a cannon like the AH-1Z would actually be more effective.

I like the way the Tiger looks compared to the other helis. It's very unique but it's disapointing. Some tweaking and it would be great.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6734|Reality

Snake wrote:

DooM wrote:

QFT.
All choppers should be this way.

As for tipping it over, let the rotors get up to speed before you apply power.

TV missile is the same every map.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
peacock3
+6|6692|Ohio
I'll take the Tiger over the Hind anyday
sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6476|UK
i do agree with the TV being faster then the otehr choppers

teh gunners view is annoying but its ok as its cannon kicks ass

flying is fine, the hardest thing for me to fly in is the Hind

and the fact that you cant solo in the HAP is kinda good as it gives the havoc a chance... coz you can solo in that even if the hotbox on it is larger
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6710|Scotland

globefish23 wrote:

windmill or higher is fine.
lol. Gave me a laugh
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6314|Graz, Austria

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

windmill or higher is fine.
lol. Gave me a laugh
Hehe.
I was of course referring to the wind turbine on Op. Smoke Screen.
Bidasse_Jason
+5|6733
There's an annoying bug when I am the gunner in the Hind.

I'm stuck with cockpit view and can't change the camera. Besides, the machinegun goes back to the center of the screen when i want to aim. I can use the TV missile normally though.

Anyone had this bug?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6558|NYC / Hamburg

Bidasse_Jason wrote:

There's an annoying bug when I am the gunner in the Hind.

I'm stuck with cockpit view and can't change the camera. Besides, the machinegun goes back to the center of the screen when i want to aim. I can use the TV missile normally though.

Anyone had this bug?
i had that bug in the apache on ghost town once
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Ruben
+26|6164|StopReadinStupidStuff.
It's easy to fly.. just dont turn on the sides when u take of and you'll be juust fine!
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6535|Sverige (SWE)

Ruben wrote:

It's easy to fly.. just dont turn on the sides when u take of and you'll be juust fine!
it´s no problem
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6527|California
The Tiger HAP is okay.  Attempting to do a "strafing circle" causes me to lose control momentarly.  So usually I do passing runs on tanks, and hover to let my gunner shoot TV after TV. 

However you have to fly higher as the gunner TV view is like the SF choppers.

IRL, I believe the pilot and gunner seats are swtiched.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6640

max wrote:

don't spin while taking off. I agree the tiger is not the easiest to fly, but it seems on par with the US & PLA ones.
NO

nonononononnno

please dont compare my baby to the flying pile of shit the Tiger HAP is.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard