stryker0ne
+2|6730
How can an aircraft be reloaded and repaired during a fly-by? Aircrafts seem to pick an easy figure 8 and are virtually unstoppable. They dump payloads with out any planning and swoop again. At least a landing would slow them down a bit an force better planning in bomb runs.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6767|The Netherlands
IT IS A GAME in case you havn't noticed yet it is not real!!
stryker0ne
+2|6730
Just lookin' for a balance. Any other suggestions?
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6764|Leipzig/Germany
you are crazy
planes would be absolut crap if they had to land to reload
and besides that, not everybody has a joystick with thrustcontrol - i for myself fly with mouse and keyboard - try to land and then start with the keyboard and you will know that your proposal is absurd

and speaking of realism - how can a burning tank be repaired with only a wrench
BF isnt about realism its about fun
KnifeWhore
+1|6765|USA
ok to quote u all landing a jet is easy and yes i use mouse and keyboard i land when i have like 2-3 bars arrmor and i need a major repair and it is a game and i wouldnt mine to mush about having to land it would make it interresting. may be if u had fuel and had to get refuled by landing every 4-5 min so u dont crash would be cool
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6857|Germany / Saxony
And a shock-paddel cures everything. Would you abolish this as next?

Last edited by Eckzack (2005-12-07 10:08:08)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6759|The United Center
and how do those ammo bags hold every type of ammunition there is in the game?  tank shells, 50 cal bullets, grenades, c4, claymores, at mines...

there should really be a supply kit for every type of ammunition. 

</sarcasm>
stryker0ne
+2|6730
There's a lot of 'reality' comparisons. Yes, I know them all. I'm not saying we need 'reality'. I'd just like to see better odds of survival and balance when an aircraft is in the air.

Last edited by stryker0ne (2005-12-07 10:15:17)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6759|The United Center
yeah but then where do you draw the line?  do you need people on the carrier there to repair and resupply you as well?
Kriznik
+0|6783

ThomasMorgan wrote:

and how do those ammo bags hold every type of ammunition there is in the game?  tank shells, 50 cal bullets, grenades, c4, claymores, at mines...

there should really be a supply kit for every type of ammunition. 

</sarcasm>
lol are you crazy? )
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6800|England

KnifeWhore wrote:

ok to quote u all landing a jet is easy and yes i use mouse and keyboard i land when i have like 2-3 bars arrmor and i need a major repair and it is a game and i wouldnt mine to mush about having to land it would make it interresting. may be if u had fuel and had to get refuled by landing every 4-5 min so u dont crash would be cool
Its quicker to just bail over the runway and wait for the next jet to spawn in those situations. The time you have landed, turned round and refuelled etc.

Same with tanks etc, when im in the red and there are no engineers about, I just drive back to the tank spawn, crash it into the wall a couple of times until it catches fire, then wait for a fresh one to spawn
skunkbody
+0|6728
ok... I registered just so that I could reply to this one.  I agree with the original poster that something should be done to make planes a little less powerful.  Currently I believe they are too "useful" and impact the game in a negative way.  I'll give one example why I feel this way.  Last night I was a playing as a medic and found myself the sole defender of the last capturable flag my team held.  A tank rolled in and I called for backup, but no one came to my assistance.  I had no defense against the tank, so I was forced to let our flag go.

A short while later I was killed and had to respawn at our last spawnpoint (our uncapturable airstrip).  What do you know... several members of my team were standing around waiting for a plane to respawn at the expense of us losing flags.  Several other vehicles were available that could have been used to get back in the battle, but I suppose nobody that was standing around felt the available vehicles were as easy on the stats as flying a plane can be.  If the planes were a little more "useless," I don't think there would be as many lines of stat padders waiting to get in them instead of helping the team.

I could really care less about the realism factor.  However, forcing planes to land to reload would require pilots to (1) increase their skill level if they want to use that plane as a stat padding machine, and (2) use their available payload much more strategically.  Sure, this would result in planes not being as "useful," but I think it's an interesting suggestion that could bring more balance to the game.  And, at least for me, games are the most fun when they are well balanced.  Increased realism would just be an added side effect... gravy if you will
bmyerz85
+0|6760
Stupdest Idea Ever, If You Have To Land A Plane That Means You Have To Dodge Faggots Running On The Run Way Tk's And Punishes All Day
wolfphantom
+0|6738
It looks like the complaint is how quickly aircrafts can get into battle after reload and how difficult it is to actually take them out even with anti air mounts.
One other solution is to add an anti air kit. Infantry designed to take out aerial attacks. I take this idea from Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising where they had a had hand held missle launcher to battle against the choppers. (Not the same ones used for ground defense.) Plus it might add a little variety and fun to the game with an extra kit.
bmyerz85
+0|6760
EA took our money and ran away to the strip club, they dont want to add more kits
topal63
. . .
+533|6730
EA/DICE took my money! And good for them $40 bucks - so what! BF2 is a blast!

You alone: 450 hours and counting! Anyone seen a 450 hour movie before? Do you think $40 would cover it?
;{

I hate planes they ruin the F.P.S. experience - so I play city maps that don't have any - a solution already exists!

But?

They should make the equipment/vehicles more strategic - no more insta-spawn billion dollar jets, or anything
for that matter - base the spawns on ticket-counts.

1.) Vehicles spawn in 1/4 ticket intervals: at 300:spawns; at 225:spawns; at 150:spawns; at 75:spawns. . .
Irregardless whether the first spawn was destroyed or not.

2.) Vehicles are LOCKED only your team can enter them; your team has the KEYS/KEYCODES.
But of course they, the other team, can destroy spawned strategic equipment unmanned or not and should get points for destroying them.

3.) Fix the AA, to something that leaves only a slight-imbalance to aircraft. There should be an imbalance in power. Air supremacy on maps with planes makes sense. OR reduce aircraft kills to the appropriate easy-kill category like commanders = 1 point.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-07 13:19:21)

bmyerz85
+0|6760
im only saying they dont care about adding anymore kits to the game
topal63
. . .
+533|6730
Yeah, but I don't see why they wouldn't - but, it would have to be an expansion pack or something.

There is no incentive to do it - just to do it.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6818|The planet Tophet
how do you land a jet i think its impossible
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6788|Kansas, USA
They are also not interested in creating an artificial barrier for new players. If a plane has to be landed in order to be refuled, new players would bail out after every bombing run because they wouldn't want to die in a fiery explosion. My opinion is that the current AA in the game is too weak. Missles should much more manueverable than an airplane.

A single hit should take out an aircraft or at least to significant damage. A 2nd hit should always be a kill.
Sud
+0|6760
Stupdest Idea Ever, If You Have To Land A Plane That Means You Have To Dodge Faggots Running On The Run Way Tk's And Punishes All Day
Maybe you could use the time it'd free up from your day to learn the proper use of capitalization. Moron.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6783|Atlanta, GA USA

*TS*tphai wrote:

how do you land a jet i think its impossible
It is not impossible to land a jet.  I can't do it, but then I am not a very good pilot.  I know other pilots who land when the get too damaged because you repair a lot faster...
EDIT:  BTW I agree this would be a way to fix the imbalance caused by jets on some maps.  Since it is nearly impossible to take out jets from the ground, if one team has better pilots than the other it becomes a serious bombfest.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-12-07 13:46:31)

Michael4970
+0|6783
I think that landing a plane to re-arm and repair would be dumb.  I would would suggest that it should take more than one pass on the runway for a plane to fully re-arm and repair.  It takes a while for helicopters and tanks to get repaired so it should take more than one pass at the runway.  Most pilots know how to loop around the map and across the runway endlessly so can keep hitting targets non stop.  If they had to make a couple of passes then it would slow them down somewhat.

My 2 cents anyways.

Last edited by Michael4970 (2005-12-07 13:48:29)

stryker0ne
+2|6730
I think that landing a plane to re-arm and repair would be dumb.  I would would suggest that it should take more than one pass on the runway for a plane to fully re-arm and repair.  It takes a while for helicopters and tanks to get repaired so it should take more than one pass at the runway.  Most pilots know how to loop around the map and across the runway endlessly so can keep hitting targets non stop.  If they had to make a couple of passes then it would slow them down somewhat.

My 2 cents anyways.

Last edited by Michael4970 (Today 13:48:29)

Now that sounds better... Multiple passes to fully re-arm and repair.
Ya know...I'd actually consider trading this fix for more accurate AA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard