stryker0ne
+2|6735
It's hard enough to take them out with AA and they are too powerful. To balance the odds, one hit should knock them out.
CrazyCobra
+0|6747
if you hit attack choppers right one tank shell will kill... never tried shooting planes with tank..
Smally85
+0|6744|Plymouth UK
I've had a few kills against attack choppers from a tank when its been coming straight towards me.
A nice shell into the cockpit and the pilot and gunner are dead and there is a nice little chopper spiraling out of control over the map for a few minutes.
Stogle
+0|6757
ive done both a few times, killing choppers many more times than jets. the jet kill was in wake and the pilot flew right at me, i shot the shell killed him and the flaming jet then hit me.  with helos you just gotta lead em right.  usually takes 2 shots but ive hit em with 1 before and boom so eh.  this is one of my personal favorite things to do against blackhawks cuz i get  4 or 5 kills every time ^_^.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6780
if you hit a chopper with a tank shell hit f2 and finish im off with the machine gun .. ive hit the cockpit with a shell and noone died. if you see a helo diving at you pop a shot at him if you miss hit a smoke and nail the gas forward so he passes over you, sometimes if you see the chopper smoking youre better off not even trying to hit him with a shell just hop on the machine gun it chews choppers up

if you hit a plane with a tank shell he would have be moving low and either slowed to slmost stall or hovering... or just really lucky

oh and evenm hitting right below the rotors doesnt kill in one shot .. if you ever kill the chopper with onetank shell it was allready damaged

Last edited by chitlin (2005-12-07 12:20:39)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6782|mansfield

CrazyCobra wrote:

if you hit attack choppers right one tank shell will kill... never tried shooting planes with tank..
ive took down a plane with a tank. i was on top of the hill on dalian plant, just in front of the main enterance.

it was ok, but didnt get a screenshot
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6725|Belgium
It depends from chopper to chopper and where you hit them. They usually are the strongest on there belly. And very weak at the top of the cockpit and rotor blades.
I've taken down US fighter helis with one ERYX shot when  I shot them right under there rotor blades.
US Cobra's have the best agility but also the weakest armor of the choppers.

the higher you hit  any chopper the more damage you do, keep that in mind.

Last edited by -|V2^Fraggus (2005-12-16 06:39:12)

{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6746|Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've been nailed by guys in hummers when I piloted with my mouse... hard times that mouse gave me... but it is very easily possible to get nailed from several ground vehicles... depending on the pilot.

I nailed this heli once and I saw 4 others jump out but the pilot stayed in the heli
H0ly(rap
+10|6738|Nebraska
OMG  i have been shot down with a m1a2 tank from a frekin plane before it sucked but was awesome i was commig in for the kill with no bombs so just gun and he shoots me out of the frekin sky , it takes skill  but it can be done
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6751|Singapore

-|V2^Fraggus wrote:

It depends from chopper to chopper and where you hit them. They usually are the strongest on there belly. And very weak at the top of the cockpit and rotor blades.
I've taken down US fighter helis with one ERYX shot when  I shot them right under there rotor blades.
US Cobra's have the best agility but also the weakest armor of the choppers.

the higher you hit  any chopper the more damage you do, keep that in mind.
Gah i took out a blackhawk with 2 noob tubes.
Ps. it was only the passengers
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6772
lol Ive shot a few planes trying to bomb me while I was in a tank before, its the funniest thing, lol
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6781
i like being in the tank on wake in certain areas because the jets have to come in at certain angles to get a good strafe/bombing run, i'll just line it up and wait for them to nose dive at me.  Takin a few out, but i lost a lot more of those fights then i won.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard