Poll

What do you do if an enemy soldier is run at you with a knife?

Blast the fool with whatever im holding!!!43%43% - 167
Pull out my main weapon7%7% - 28
Send the trust ol' pistol in for me!!!2%2% - 11
Pull out my knife and give him a chance40%40% - 154
Start mashing the keyboard hopeing for some sort of win5%5% - 20
Total: 380
headhunter345
+4|6292|Usally around the corner

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

headhunter345 wrote:

knife. only fuk wits shoot.
If you run with a knife at a dude with a ready PKM G3 etc etc, yeah....you deserve what you get.
hahahaa i allways run at prone dudes with pkms. but wen u knife them its so satisfying
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6470|UK
If i am

a) surprised like i just hear the tell tale noise of someone behind me and then a clink then ill just shoot em with the first available weapon i think thats fair play because they should have hit me first time and i wasnt facing them.

b) running somewhere and i see a guy on the floor not facing me or what ever i approach with my gun out till i get right on top of them then i pull out my knife and stab them i find that it allows you to react to anything up until you bring your knife out.

c) in the situation that is in the poll and someone is running at me with a knife and there is only one enemy then generally i do pull out my knife i dont know why but i just love knifing, though i can remember a few times where we have danced about for like 45 seconds and i just get bored and just get my pistol out stop and emptied it im ashamed to say but fuck it, its only happend a few times and i only do it so i can get on with the teamwork and the objectives. Im no use to anyone hopping around killing one enemy for 5 minutes.

But generally on BF2 i wouldn't run at someone head on with a knife just to see if i can maybe kill them its just bad tactics i think knifing as a way of stealthly killing someone by creeping up on them helps if multiple enemies are on a roof if you can kill one silently or more you dont alert the others but if you fire a weapon three people enemies will usually kill you. If they dont something is wrong with their squad or your just ubeh but if you can avoid that situation totally why not do it. I know its kinda of like using a tactic to avoid having to use your skill but if dont have to why not be lazy rofl plus they will feel violated if you take down the whole squad with a knife .

Edit: some bits didnt make sense .. sigh

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-04-09 05:59:37)

the lost prophet
White-Fusion is god
+8|6380|land of dave
What recoil said
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6251|Albion
pretty much the same recoil except i find that if you run into three or more enemies the sound of them firing will mask your own gun fire. on karkand yesterday snuck up in the back of the train acident and there was a enemy behind each pillar and a sniper under a carriage, with all the gunfire the didn't notice as i shot one after the other before treading on my victory-claymore.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6398|MN

Todd_Angelo wrote:

What do you do if an enemy soldier is run at you with a knife?
Sorry, could I have that in English please?

I usually shoot 'em (actually to be precise: I jump, sprint away while selecting the pistol, then do a 180 and shoot while backing away or circle-strafing).

But if I'm in a charitable mood I might pull out my knife and try my luck. In my case that isn't "giving the guy a chance" it's "giving the guy a free kill" as I can't knife worth a damn.
Honesty...awesome! 

I too fail miserably with the ginsu.  I try if I have time to prepare mentally, but if I turn around and Mr. McSlice is running at me with a knife out, I give him whatever is in my hands.  Of course that is usually an almost empty rifle.  4 shots later I see, "Mr.McSlice (Knife) LividCow".
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6626|Edinburgh
Yesterday I finally went for my knife badge and spent a couple of rounds running round Karkand with my knife out till I had collected the 7 scalps.  Not one person offered me a knife fight, but everyone who saw me coming tried to shoot me down (mostly successfully, I have to say).

And to answer the OP, that's exactly what I'd do too.

Last edited by BigBunny (2007-04-18 06:45:37)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6541|the Netherlands
start spraying !!
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6488|New York

String3R wrote:

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

I used to pull out my knife and give him a shot, but recently it takes me two knife hits to kill an enemy.  Trust me, I know it doesn't make sense but I'm working on FRAPS'ing it and posting my video later on this week.

When an enemy is laying down on the ground and I knife him, it doesn't register as a kill, even though the puff of smoke comes off.  It always works on the second try though.  Any rough ideas as to why I'm having this issue?
hmm i had the same problem maybe if the person who you are trying to knife is moving and has a high ping you may seem to hit and possibly miss, maybe totaly wrong just a theory!
Nah my ping always hovers around 60 and it doesn't matter if the enemy is moving while on the ground. I could be trying to knife an unmoving sniper who has no idea I'm behind him and it won't register as a kill till the second try.  I've tried it with enemies with high and low pings and it doesn't make a difference.

But when I knife someone standing, however, I get my kill on the first try like it should be.

Bullshit if you ask me.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6251|Albion
stab him, his friend, his commander, the engineer, the guy in the stinger and him again when he respawns before logging onto my stats and finding that it logged my deaths with the knife but not my kills 
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6699|Disaster Free Zone
If your dumb enough to run directly at an opponent with your knife out, you deserve to be shot.
Ghostface|UK
+6|6238
If someone runs at me with a knife there going to get stabbed in the face but if i miss with the first jab i will drop a grenade and run.

Last edited by Ghostface|UK (2007-04-18 07:39:35)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6399|the land of bourbon
too many times the knife hit has not registered when i've stabbed someone, so its all lead from now on...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6543|dunno
Shock paddle him.

Last edited by The_Killer (2007-04-18 10:39:40)

im_in_heaven
+27|6606
I fight him off with good grammar. Try it
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6543|dunno

im_in_heaven wrote:

I fight him off with good grammar. Try it
Who?
HansMeiser
+7|6662
depends on the situation. if hes some fool tryin to sneak on me ill blast him in the head, if hes out of ammo ill give him a chance
David.P
Banned
+649|6292
I whip it out and let him take a look at my big gun.
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
I press escape and pretend nothing's happening.
David.P
Banned
+649|6292

jord wrote:

I press escape and pretend nothing's happening.
Oh it is you may not want to believe it but it is.
CloakedStarship
+76|6583
If the dude is running at you from far away, then of course you blast him.  But if hes close, hes gonna catch your ass if you try to back up shooting.  If you suck at knifing then run the fuck away for a few seconds, then turn around and blast em.  If your good with a knife, humiliate the moron for getting too close.  I prefer the latter
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
you better switch to your knife when someone challenges you......
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6642|Cherry Pie
I would say only 1% of the time the guy will actually take out his knife...  I always do because I think its hilarious.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6342|New Haven, CT
I shoot them.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6308|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I push buttons until either a weapon with ammo, or a knife, or even a defibrillator comes out. Hell, I'll throw medpacks at the guy because I tend to roll the mousewheel and click to shoot.

I'm so generous.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6861|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Throw down C4 and blow us both up

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard