superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6794

I have a very valuable Word document template (its a corporate proposal) that I've been using for a couple of years but its got one nasty problem: it has a mind of its own.  Its constantly autoformatting everything.  For example if I bold a paragraph it will go ahead and bold every other similarly aligned paragraph in the document.  If I control-Z it undoes the autoformat and leaves my desired modification, but I'm getting sick of this.

How do I turn off all the "smart" editing help on a word document?  I don't want anymore autoformatting of any kind.

My version of word is Word 2003
lehter
+4|6461

superfly_cox wrote:

I have a very valuable Word document template (its a corporate proposal) that I've been using for a couple of years but its got one nasty problem: it has a mind of its own.  Its constantly autoformatting everything.  For example if I bold a paragraph it will go ahead and bold every other similarly aligned paragraph in the document.  If I control-Z it undoes the autoformat and leaves my desired modification, but I'm getting sick of this.

How do I turn off all the "smart" editing help on a word document?  I don't want anymore autoformatting of any kind.

My version of word is Word 2003
That's the "Automatically update" feature of styles.

"Format" menu -> "Styles and Formatting..." opens the styles task pane. Then select the style of the paragraph. From the pull down menu of the style in the task pane, select "Modify...". There you'll find the checkbox.

It's set per style, so you need to go through each paragraph, heading etc. style and uncheck it.

HTH,
lehter

Last edited by lehter (2007-04-05 00:55:34)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6794

thanks dude!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard