Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
This might shed some light...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

This might shed some light...
Uhhhh
"It is possible to damage Iran's military and industrial potential, but it is impossible to win," Russian news agencies quoted General Yuri Baluyevsky, head of the Russian general staff, as saying.
This statement explains allot to me.

I would imagine the goal would be "damage Iran's military and industrial potential", certainly not occupation. You know kinda like we "damaged the Soviets military and industrial potential" in the cold war.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
I'll put it this way...  Someone once said that the next worst thing to losing a war was winning one....

We could easily destroy Iran's government and military, but rebuilding Iran would make Iraq look like a cakewalk.  We'd have one hell of an insurgency to deal with.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA

Ganko_06 wrote:

Probably just a rumor.  How would the Kremlin know the fine details US secret operations?
Russians still have spies in the U.S. perhaps?

Last edited by Harmor (2007-04-10 01:03:16)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA
The Operational Name to attack Iran is:  'Raise Gas Prices to $6/gallon'

Iran has 15% unemployment, while the United States has 4.4%.  Perhaps the way to 'break' Iran is to hurt them Economically and the democratic leaders inside the country can peacefully change the country?

Now if you believe that load of crap, then perhaps there's some Iraqi Baghdad Downtown property you want to buy?

Face it, countries likes Syria and Iran will only be toppled by military force.  They cannot reform their country because even if 80% of the population was 'moderate' its the 20% that control the country - look at Iraq for an example where the minority Bathist party ruled over the entire country.

If there is a draft, I'll be the first to sign up.

Last edited by Harmor (2007-04-10 01:15:28)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada
How big is Iran's Army..

Cause I know you have to Join after High School or Whatever there or you get put in jail unless you pay a certain amount of money.

If Iran is backed by Russia, World = Fucked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard