Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6872
I piloted daily in the <}US{> Server way back when... and i loved it...  I remember being a gunnery sergeant with 75,000 points....
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6727|South Africa

LT.Victim wrote:

A part of me died when they nerfed the Blackhawks.
QFT.

It was in no way unbalanced. MEC squad of 6 spawn AT. Coordination was key though.

But it was so satisfying to kill a good BH team.

If fact, the BH IMPROVED teamplay on Mashtuur 100%. Now, its a snipefest (no teamwork).

With EA & DICEs current trends, they'll bring it back, but nerf soloing...

*knocks on wood*
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6581|UK

Only proper example of team play in bf2 that actually scored major points, I was in a 650 point scoring squad, I was third (pilot) with 130 and even the lowest scoring guy was well into the high 80s without firing a dam round, AWSOME!

Martyn
Barrakuda777
+86|6768|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Getting in the tank on Mashtur was a blast.... i hunted that hawk like a stalking tiger....

Main gun to the Bhawk FTW.

Vodink was also lethal if used in tandom.

Kooda
l41e
+677|6680

A transport helicopter being...gasp...an actual transport?!!11/!111/??!`2

God forbid...
BlackKoala
+215|6357

k30dxedle wrote:

God forbid...
Have you seen the videos of what that gun should be doing?  There was a segment on the Military channel about it, and it sure as hell is not the 1.41 gun.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6556|dunno
Blackhawk whoring and jet whoring in 1.03 http://www.bf2s.com/player/96318637/.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6775|Reality

BlackKoala wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

God forbid...
Have you seen the videos of what that gun should be doing?  There was a segment on the Military channel about it, and it sure as hell is not the 1.41 gun.
It is a game.
It is about balance.
If it was about real life the MEC would be eliminated in 4 minutes every map.

It wasn't fun for the MEC if they were down to their last flag and the BH was circling the flag.
So now it is a transport not a airborne battleship.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
BlackKoala
+215|6357

Stubbee wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

God forbid...
It is a game.
It is about balance.
If it was about real life the MEC would be eliminated in 4 minutes every map.

It wasn't fun for the MEC if they were down to their last flag and the BH was circling the flag.
So now it is a transport not a airborne battleship.
But he was making a real life comparison stating that it was just a transport ship.  Which it is, but also comes equipped with the monster gatling guns.

If the game is about balance, how, might I ask, can you explain Wake Island?
l41e
+677|6680

BlackKoala wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

God forbid...
Yes, I know what it does, and in no patch has the BF2 M134D been like the real-life one. And it's nobody and nothing's fault except the BF2 engine's - weapons can only fire up to 1800 rounds per minute, in contrast to the 3000-6000 the minigun gan do.

DICE could've just saved us a lot of trouble and either just put .30-caliber machine guns on, or taken them off altogether and kept the rocket pods on...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6684

k30dxedle wrote:

God forbid...
what? you do realise that the m67 cannons mounted on the side of said transports fire MOLTEN metal out at an extremely high rate, the shrapnel alone killing anything within a 12 mile radius?

why the hell didnt DICE just give the MEC a blackhawk of their own.. if they couldnt come up with anything they could just say that the MEC have stolen a USMC transport.. voila

also, it's pre-1.2. Pre-1.12 blackhawks were a bit too unfair, as you didnt even need to exit a vehicle to cap a flag (imagine flag caps taking 2 seconds or less with a full blackhawk)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6596|Area 51

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Why does everyone miss them so much? What if you were on the receiving end of a 60-0 round, and not the one  getting it. How would a round dominated by six lucky people who got to the chopper first be any fun for anyone else?
Umm...It's like a lottery, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't?
It was a lotery that for sure, but sometimes people didn't like that they lost the lotery and made sure that they would win anyway..
Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6872
If you had the Barrett .50cal you would always win the lottery
l41e
+677|6680

Gravity wrote:

If you had the Barrett .50cal you would always win the lottery
Except when the other guy got his lottery ticket before you.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6724
As MEC it was fun too. I would always be the guy in the vodnik shooting the birdies down .
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6841|Marathon, Florida Keys

nukchebi0 wrote:

Why does everyone miss them so much? What if you were on the receiving end of a 60-0 round, and not the one  getting it. How would a round dominated by six lucky people who got to the chopper first be any fun for anyone else?
your the type that got the game nerfed.

Die
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6265|Albion
still a useful tool, high points ghost town i was on 50 points plus before I collided with that convoy.
montypythizzle
+21|6634

The_Killer wrote:

montypythizzle wrote:

Koala what patch are you on? I will maybe join you guys tommorow. (thurs)

Soloing in the blackhawk=win
Anyways to make the transition to 1.03 easier from 1.41 besides reinstalling?
J.P.Morgen
+7|6719|In a 24/7 Night Server
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6727|South Africa

J.P.Morgen wrote:

An orgy of minigun murder

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=de

Soz, that wasn't what it was like at all.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

Ive only got to use it when I reinstalled BF2 and did some BH soloing on SP cleansweep Was quite fun actually.

Although I can kind of see why they got nerfed, they got overnerfed. They really should have just beefed up the MEC/PLA chopper guns so you can actually hit people with them.
You'd have ended up with airborne chopper battles like in the bf2s BH Down challenge
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6321|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Snake wrote:

Ive only got to use it when I reinstalled BF2 and did some BH soloing on SP cleansweep Was quite fun actually.

Although I can kind of see why they got nerfed, they got overnerfed. They really should have just beefed up the MEC/PLA chopper guns so you can actually hit people with them.
You'd have ended up with airborne chopper battles like in the bf2s BH Down challenge
Speakin' of which, is there going to be another? I want in this time. My 1337 SRAW skillz will be helpful.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

cowami wrote:

Snake wrote:

Speakin' of which, is there going to be another? I want in this time. My 1337 SRAW skillz will be helpful.
I hope so, I missed out on the last one too
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6562
Nerfing the blackhawk took out 2 great maps out of most server rotations. Shonghua and Mashtuur.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6359

Im gettin closer and closer to installing an older patched version of bf2. I wanna experience the BH ownage train. 
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard