Shiffdaddy
+73|6346
I found a forum online and just wanted to share it with you guys.  I find this very interesting and if you dont well, then dont post plz.

Ok guys... This thing REALLY works!

I modified the following lines in sound.con, from above:

rem ** Balance between 2d and 3d samples.
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.8 (I think this is when not using EAX, but change it anyway)
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.8  (do not set it at 1, you will only hear reverbs, no gunfire no voices!)

rem ** Reverb and obstruction
vars.set sound-maxreverb 3 (This is what everyone has been talking about)
vars.set sound-reverb-steepness 1 (I don't know what it is, experiment with it)
vars.set sound-raylength 17 (Didn't change that, don't know what it is)

rem ** Doppler effect. Realistic doppler effect factor is 1
sound.dopplerEffect 2 (Doppler is usually for fast moving objects, so it will be more heard on an aircraft passing by, but I didn't test it yet so it might be really too much!)

Now you can definitely hear EAX where it is supposed to be applied.  Load the first map go inside a building and... Just hear it!

Forum: http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs … amp;page=2

Tell me what you think.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6722
k, now find me a fix to make my shitty fatal1ty stop doing this crap:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uo1qHyWegZ4
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Shiffdaddy
+73|6346

TehMyke wrote:

Get a new sound card

Lmao i just tried out the settings and changing the doppler effect does nothing but make all the players voices really high and fast, they all sound like chipmunks...

Last edited by Shiffdaddy (2007-04-04 17:01:57)

TehMyke
8======D
+343|6722

Shiffdaddy wrote:

Lmao i just tried out the settings and changing the doppler effect does nothing but make all the players voices really high and fast, they all sound like chipmunks...
$120 xfi fatal1ty pro gamer = fucking fucked audio time to time if you have a nforce4 board (as i do) er thats what i heard atleast... when its not fucking up it sounds superb though..

anyways, i tried the settings and it seems to make the arty way to loud and voiced seem quite but maybe thats just because everything else is loud, ill fuck with the settings a bit and see what happens.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6346
lol, ok.  Im gonna screw with them a little too.  I gotta admit that the doppler effect to 2 was quite humerous for a bit, but got annoying fast.  Sound like your shooting like 1000 rounds a second.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6346
What ive tested so far.  i figured out that...

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.1= enemy gun has no sound, cant hear enemy grenades.  Sucks

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 1= your own gun and teams have no sound. But you can hear other teams pretty well.  Can’t hear team talking. Like “Yes sir” or “no can do”.  Interesting and a bit trippy and fun to play with, but has no real use

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.5= default

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.6= best imo, hear the enemy perfect, but lessens your shooting sound just a bit.

This is only one think ive tested, the one below this doesnt do anything that i can hear.
Mad Ad
+178|6523|England, UK
sweet you found it +1 to help the testing process

@TehMyke, try changing which slot the sound and/or vid card is in, your xfi may be sharing an irq with a video card.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666
I'll tell you a secret of mine then too..

set EAX max distance to 5000, and min distance to 1000

look for tinnitus. there will be two lines that have that word in it. one has a bunch of numbers at the end, and the last one is 0.8 if I remember correctly. change that to 0. then look for the second line with tinnitus in it, and change the value behind that to 0.0 too. voila, no more nade dizziness/blur/ringing.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6280|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

SargeV1.4 wrote:

look for tinnitus. there will be two lines that have that word in it. one has a bunch of numbers at the end, and the last one is 0.8 if I remember correctly. change that to 0. then look for the second line with tinnitus in it, and change the value behind that to 0.0 too. voila, no more nade dizziness/blur/ringing.
Now that's worth +1. Good tip dude.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6634|Gold coast, Aus.
Pro changes imo ^
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6722

SargeV1.4 wrote:

rem ** Air absorption.
sound.setProperty airabsorption-eax-mindistance 1000
sound.setProperty airabsorption-eax-maxdistance 5000

those rite?
Shiffdaddy
+73|6346
Haha thanks sarge.
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman

TehMyke wrote:

make sure it isn't sharing an irq.
only have the drivers and creative audio console installed, nothing else (sound fonts, creative music progs, open al, etc.)
use x-fi high, not ultra high.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6722

tehz wrote:

make sure it isn't sharing an irq.
only have the drivers and creative audio console installed, nothing else (sound fonts, creative music progs, open al, etc.)
use x-fi high, not ultra high.
1. http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4487/irqir8.jpg ?
2. that is all i have installed
3. iv been using ultra high.. i guess i can give high a try
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman
Well I'm just throwing ideas out because i have the same card/motherboard chipset and it used to do that, I reformatted and it hasn't done it since. However. Before this card I had an xfi extreme music. I used the latest drivers for that xmusic card plus the older openal w/eax installer from creative's site. That card worked great on xfi high, never a problem in Windows or bf2. I got the new card installed and bf2 sounds went crazy, similar to yours, mine would play music in the warlord palace for no apparent reason.

Okay back on topic. If your motherboard has on board sound, the nvidia chipset driver package includes nvidia's version of openal32.dll which is different from creative's version ((conflict?)also assuming you had previously used the onboard sound).
Look in c: /windows/system32
OpenAl32.dll  (version 6.14.357.9)
wrap_oal.dll  (version 1.1.4.0)
those two above are the versions i am using and haven't had a problem yet on xfi high. i don't know what the versions were when i had the problem (mouse over the file to see version).
Creative has a new package with newer versions located here. This package is newer than the openal installer I used previously for my xfi xtreme music.
This may be irrelevant, but you can also try updating directx via microsoft's dxwebsetup utility.
Maybe some of this will help.

Last edited by tehz (2007-04-06 01:23:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard