duckforceone
+3|6730|Denmark
marriage was a religious thing in the old days.
Now a days, it's a way to show love.

are you saying two men or two women can't love one another?

also, the government has deemed marriage a base for certain kind of monetary issues. So as people keep pushing for equal rights, i would say it's under equal rights for all.

so if you are gay and want to get married to the person you love... go for it.. i support you...
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6744
I dont think theres anything wrong with ghey marrige. some might say its a religious thing to get married but really its just a ppl thing. every culture has some form of it. I say best of luck to them. who cares anyway. Gays dont force thier gayness on u do they? No....
How does that affect u? It doesnt so leave it alone.

Ppl need to learn respect other ppls ways of living. Every culture is diffrent, same with every person.
madark
+0|6710
the thing is that it does affect me.. it ruins the idea of marriage to the point where i don`t even wanna get married myself.. now a civil union on the other hand, wouldn`t affect me at all, and i`d be ok with that. They should try pushing for that, instead of marriage.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6759

madark wrote:

the thing is that it does affect me.. it ruins the idea of marriage to the point where i don`t even wanna get married myself.. now a civil union on the other hand, wouldn`t affect me at all, and i`d be ok with that. They should try pushing for that, instead of marriage.
Wow, thats pretty uncompassionate thinking. Cause it shouldn't affect you at all, you should be thinking about the person you are marrying when you get married or think about marriage, not whom everyone else marries or is married too.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6742

madark wrote:

That's your fault, though. People need to get the idea out of their head that marriage is only a religious concept.

MARRIAGE EXISTED BEFORE CHRISTIANITY AND BEFORE MOST OTHER RELIGIONS.
Erkut.hv
+124|6742|California
So can I marry two women? Since it won't anffect anyone? I mean, this is all about me right? What makes me complete and happy? Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Well, marrying two women would make me very happy. One women is not enough to make me feel complete. Two would do it.

Someone explain to me, if gay people can marry, why I can't marry two women? I mean, respect other's peoples diversity and culture, right? Well, in Erk's culture (I just make it up), it is acceptable to marry two women. I call it the Trinity concept. 1/3 Erk, 2/3 women = 1 very happy relationship.
Skeptical One
+0|6748

Erkut.hv wrote:

So can I marry two women? Since it won't anffect anyone? I mean, this is all about me right? What makes me complete and happy? Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Well, marrying two women would make me very happy. One women is not enough to make me feel complete. Two would do it.

Someone explain to me, if gay people can marry, why I can't marry two women? I mean, respect other's peoples diversity and culture, right? Well, in Erk's culture (I just make it up), it is acceptable to marry two women. I call it the Trinity concept. 1/3 Erk, 2/3 women = 1 very happy relationship.
BINGO!  Point is made!

Remember, people, if the populace of a country is willing to accept the concept of marriage being two of the same sex......then let it be in that country.  HOWEVER, the majority of the populace in this country doesn't accept the sacred (and yes, feloniousmonk, the majority view it as a sacred union) union called marriage to be extended to those who do what they believe is wrong.....then it should not happen.  That's called Democracy, if anyone has forgotten.  The majority rules.  Would the other democratic countries in the world like it if we push our gun-loving ideals on them?  I think not.

It's very simple.  We can take it both ways, religious and non-religious.  Both ways come to an undeniable end that doesn't favor homosexuality.

Non-religious:  Name one animal species that normally mates with the same sex to continue it's species.  And we're not talking about plants, either.  Asexual reproduction is not the same.

Religious:  Well, that argument has been beat on more than necessary.

Like I said earlier, a civil union that mirrors all benefits of marriage is the perfect solution.  Don't try to shove your pleasures at people, try to find a less confrontational solution and homosexuals will go far in obtaining their "union" they so desperately desire.

Last edited by Skeptical One (2005-12-23 11:22:38)

FeloniousMonk
+0|6742

Erkut.hv wrote:

Can you find two women that will marry you at the same time? If so, go for it. I don't really care. Now you sure as fuck shouldn't get any special tax breaks because of this (I don't think marriage should ever entitle people to special treatment from the government) and don't ever expect to have your social security benefits doubled simply because you have two wives.

If an insurance company wants to recognize your threesome, let them. But when it comes to power of attorney you damn well better specify which one of your two wives gets to make the important decisions.

I don't care if you marry two women because it sure as hell doesn't affect me any more than my two gay friends marrying each other.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6742

Skeptical One wrote:

(and yes, feloniousmonk, the majority view it as a sacred union)
But sacred does not inherently denote religious. We're also not a direct democracy where majority rules and this country has never been that. We are a representative republic protected by a constitution that makes sure that even if the majority of people in the nation decide that something is wrong they CANNOT subvert individual civil liberties.

Non-religious:  Name one animal species that normally mates with the same sex to continue it's species.  And we're not talking about plants, either.  Asexual reproduction is not the same.
http://www.androphile.org/preview/Libra … r20.24.htm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news … nimal.html

Like I said earlier, a civil union that mirrors all benefits of marriage is the perfect solution.  Don't try to shove your pleasures at people, try to find a less confrontational solution and homosexuals will go far in obtaining their "union" they so desperately desire.
The problem is that in many areas civil unions are NOT recognized with all the benefits of marriage. No one is trying to shove anything at anyone except for the conservative right that thinks it has any right to a monopoly on the concept of marriage.

If marriage is so sacred in this country then why is divorce still legal? More than half of all marriages in the nation end in divorce so why on earth is that not corrupting the institution of marriage?
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6759

Skeptical One wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

BINGO!  Point is made!

Remember, people, if the populace of a country is willing to accept the concept of marriage being two of the same sex......then let it be in that country.  HOWEVER, the majority of the populace in this country doesn't accept the sacred (and yes, feloniousmonk, the majority view it as a sacred union) union called marriage to be extended to those who do what they believe is wrong.....then it should not happen.  That's called Democracy, if anyone has forgotten.  The majority rules.  Would the other democratic countries in the world like it if we push our gun-loving ideals on them?  I think not.

It's very simple.  We can take it both ways, religious and non-religious.  Both ways come to an undeniable end that doesn't favor homosexuality.

Religious:  Well, that argument has been beat on more than necessary.

The majority of the people in the south during the civil war believed slavery was A-OK. Do you think we should have let that be?

Non-religious, there are some animals that have both sexes, so technically they would be mating with a member of the same sex. The point of sex in animals is reproduction, but that still does not restrict those animals from having sex with the same sex. My two male dogs hump each other, and there is like 3 female dogs in the house, and they are all neutered/spayed.

Excerpt from Wikipedia on Bonobos: "Sexual intercourse plays a major role in Bonobo society, being used as a greeting, a means of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconciliation, and as favors traded by the females in exchange for food. Bonobos are the only non-human apes to have been observed engaging in all of the following sexual activities: face-to-face genital sex (most frequently female-female, then male-female and male-male), tongue kissing, and oral sex. This happens within the immediate family as well as outside of it. Bonobos do not form permanent relationships with individual partners."

Humans are quite different from most animals, we have a social culture that is quite complex and diverse, something other animals don't seem to exhibit.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-12-23 15:24:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard