=KAW=Mac
+5|6258|STL, MO
This has to be one of my all-time favorite Battlefield maps. I don't know why but I'm hooked on it. A few things about it though; is it me or does it seem like there should be one more flag in the area North of the Chemical Weapons Factory and West of the Scrap Yard? Especially in IO mode, the walk between those two flags seems far too long. The other thing is that the Spetznaz seem to stand no chance unless there's a clan or two working together on that team. With the two bridges being pounded by LMG's and covered by snipers, the only other option to leave the uncap is the lone boat West of the spawn, which is usually taken out by a single RPG-7 round seconds after leaving the dock.

I guess what I'm wondering is how the majority of gamers feel about this map? Personally I'm sick of Warlord, and Ghost Town gets old after one round. This map is unlike any other and it's nice to play something new and visually pleasing (no brown scenery *cough* Karkand *cough* Warlord).

And for the record, I do realize that I deemed the map a favorite and then bitched about it
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6583|USA
that map alone kept me playing bf2 an extra month. it kicks ass.

IO is for the gays though.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6538|dunno
Mass is like the sharqi of bf2sf owns for helos.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6340

I agree with ya there. It is a fun map, but I seem to lose on it a lot lol. I think I am 4-10 on it. I guess those 'good clans' are never on my side. I noticed the chopper can't seem to get anywhere without gettin locked by AA, and you can't even see the AA because of the fog. No heli rape so that can be good
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6295|Pennsyltucky

The server I play on has MD as the featured map this week.

It's set up as IO & I agree there is a LOT of running around on this map in IO.

Generally I like the map.  To be honest haven't played it for a LOT of hours but in my experience the Spetz always manage to break out.  Of course it's a LOT easier with vehicles.  That's when I spawn at the secondary uncap and grab the Tank, or if that's gone there are at least 1-2 vehicles (forget which ones) available.  Then take the bridge on the far side & race straight South for whatever CP that is.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6660|Apeldoorn, Holland
I just love this map. No wonder it's my favorite!
Thats all because there are so many places where you can hide for tanks/infantry. (rocks, sandbags, cabins etc...)
Second reason as IMDOOMED disliked; there are NO F*^%* WHORES!
Helis get easily caught by AA, tanks easily destroyed by mines-in-the-shadow or AT.
So it all comes to how clever you play and NOT the only kit/vehicle where you are good at.
Surge is also al very nice maps, but only 1 or 2 servers when i want to join. Spetz-Rebels MAPS FTW!
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6701|"The Empire"
This map is the nutz, my only problem is finding a decent server to play on, i started to play it more to get the ribbon, but now i like it so much its all i wana play at the mo, IO or not this map is cool as fuck!!
DSRTurtle
+56|6698
For the most part it is the Sharqi of Special Forces.  As with all SF maps there is too much AA and the helos have no vritually no chance of lasting very long in the air because of the fog. 

I actually like it in IO mode.  You can't just sit and defend the 2 bridges when your the rebels.  A good Spetz team can cap a flag behind you.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6608|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

DSRTurtle wrote:

For the most part it is the Sharqi of Special Forces.  As with all SF maps there is too much AA and the helos have no vritually no chance of lasting very long in the air because of the fog. 

I actually like it in IO mode.  You can't just sit and defend the 2 bridges when your the rebels.  A good Spetz team can cap a flag behind you.
A good chopper pilot can take out the AA easy. plus SF choppers have more armor and better rockets so it's easier to take out AA positions and vehicles.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6667|Teesside, UK
I used to really enjoy playing this map.  Especially when the spetnaz heli pilots were crap at avoiding the tow positions
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6571|Hungary
Mil-24 HIND ftw !
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6468|the guy in the hind on gator

venom6 wrote:

Mil-24 HIND ftw !
wtf they only have 35s in the game
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6578|England

Yeah, its a great map. It works very well on both normal mode and IO. Even the armour isnt dominating, which gives a really well balanced map.

Just wish it was on more servers more frequently.
Badcow68
+4|6737|Tucson, AZ
Is a great map to play on. MD and Surge are becoming my fav maps. IO or not, just plan fun.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6476|Tyne & Wear, England
Mass is my 3rd favourite SF map.  After Ghost Town and Warlord.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
JaggedPanther
+61|6486
The map is perfect the way it is, has everything.

Like all maps it wasn't intended for IO but get some snipers with SVD's for covering fire on the ridge as spetz and you'll be able to break out in IO.

However I find IO boring now,  and jump the heck out usually if I find myself accidentally in IO

+1 for the guy with mass d as fav map.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-04-02 21:34:02)

btull
+0|6246
The =DoM= clan has an I/O server that runs Ghost town, Warlord, and Mass Destruction in 3 round rotations.

I never thought I'd like the I/O, but there is much more squad-play & teamwork.

If you have a good squad, breaking out and getting to the Cooling Station can be pretty easy.
A good Support and Medic squad is key to winning that map in my opinion (on I/O that is).

My all time favorite is still Iron Gator though....
=KAW=Mac
+5|6258|STL, MO
I play on =DoM= all the time, love that server!
btull
+0|6246

=KAW=Mac wrote:

I play on =DoM= all the time, love that server!
I think we were in the same squad the other night, I try to squad up with the =HF= guys when there's room.
I really like that server too, but on Ghost Town, get out your umbrella, cuz it rains 'nades.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6542|Belgium
All SF maps are really good imo, but the rebel maps are my fav.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6394|the land of bourbon
SF is sweet, but i'm gettin sick of ghost town and warlord.  ghost town is where i used to spend all my time, and warlord is pretty much the new kark, so i tend the favor the other maps.  i'm really starting to like mass, now that i found all the goody hiding spots and such.  even if the spetz cap all the flags except the chem factory, you still can't be flat out spawn raped, so you have a decent shot of defending yourself.   i wouldn't mind seeing one of those "mass destruction for dummies" guides.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
steelie34
pub hero!

DSRTurtle wrote:

everyone always bashes the helis in SF, but i've had nothing but fun with them.  an AA site can really only get two good shots off before you hunt them down and kill, so you shouldn't have too many problems with the AA.  the only true way to keep the helis grounded is to have more than 1 AA site constantly manned, which is pretty rare.  there are also good places to lay low, and not have to worry about it.  unlike vanilla, where staying high keeps you alive, SF really forces some expert flying at low level.  i would say i strafe into a tree more often than getting shot down
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6542|Belgium

steelie34 wrote:

SF is sweet, but i'm gettin sick of ghost town and warlord.  ghost town is where i used to spend all my time, and warlord is pretty much the new kark, so i tend the favor the other maps.  i'm really starting to like mass, now that i found all the goody hiding spots and such.  even if the spetz cap all the flags except the chem factory, you still can't be flat out spawn raped, so you have a decent shot of defending yourself.   i wouldn't mind seeing one of those "mass destruction for dummies" guides.
I think the problem is that a) you need experienced players to write it and b) you need players willing to write it.
My 'for dummies' guide took me about 3 hours to write, including everything.

Id write one myself if i could (theyre lots of fun to make ), but i dont know enough about mass destruction
steelie34
pub hero!
yeah, i'm too lazy for that...  on the other hand, do NOT make a perch guide.  i love the fact that everyone runs into my bullets because of my super secret hiding spots.  lol
~c4~cheppi
+29|6371|Forest Green

iPoon.be wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

I think the problem is that a) you need experienced players to write it and b) you need players willing to write it.
My 'for dummies' guide took me about 3 hours to write, including everything.

Id write one myself if i could (theyre lots of fun to make ), but i dont know enough about mass destruction
Its surprising how much fun they are to make, mine took about 7 or 8 hours , as it was so much fun i did it all at once, shame it stopped me doing my Geography coursework....

I can't imagine how long it took Snake to do the Iron Gator one

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard