ShowMeKiller
+0|6774|Missouri
Reading through a few posts lately I have seen alot of coments made about younger players. I am a old man 40 years old and I have played with alot of people from 12 to 48 years old. The other day I joined a server and was invited to join a squad and the sguad leader was doing a great job so I asked him over the  mike how old he was 14 he said. God I am getting old I though but we played for another 4 or 5 games. I told him I would be in his squad anytime. Then there has been times with players in thier 30s that where just plain idoits. But all in all there are good and bad players at all ages some young some old. Iwas wondering what kind of luck you have had with the different age groups?

https://bf2s.com/player/55237138/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/55237138/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/55237138/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/55237138/awards.jpg
Mr_Spork
+2|6758
Most people I have played with are pre-teen types as they have some what screechy voices over the mic.

For me, I find it scary playing with wrinkly people.
Lawk
+2|6791
Usually I dont use VOIP because I always seem to get stuck with a server full of people who like to burp and laugh instead of coordinate.  As far as the caliber of player.  I believe age has nothing to do with it.  In my experience, I've had what seems to be an equal amount of bad and good teammates for each age group. 

I think the difference lies in the bad things.  Younger kids usually have no problem tking for vehicles and things of that nature.  While some older folks try to do something, but just cant get it quite right, every 13 year old does it on the first try.

Now that I think about it, I had a guy in my squad the other night who took my tank while I was repairing it.  He was in his thirties.  He said I was going to get shot while repairing and over VOIP told me to "fuck off".  I explained that if he wanted to be engy, he could repair while I covered.  He then drove all the way back to where he had left me and tked me with the cannon.

He just wanted the tank.  I guess maturity and age are independent of each other. 
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6767|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
I find that unless I'm working with my clanmates, teamplay is almost non-existent. When I find it, I covet it and return. When I don't find it, I'm not surprised or upset. I've played with youngsters who are more respectful and valueable teammates than many older folks.

If you're a good squad leader, meaning you're telling the squad where and what, I'll follow you. If you just have the desire for hours (most of 'em), I likely won't be worried too much. I'm a fair squad leader and a great squad member, IMHO.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
If you look at my stats, im a squad leader most of the time, not because i just have a squad with no one in it. Its because in my clan everytime i join a squad made, everyone leaves it and joins back so im leader! I keep telling them i need more time as a member, they just wont let it be!
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6761
I love being a shining example of why age and maturity don't come hand in hand.  My voice is so you know I'm a male, but it's still high pitched.  Howver, I communicate to squad leaders when I'm commander, communicate to my squad members when I'm the leader, set targets, etc.
I try and be respectful, although sometimes idiots see my age as a flaw, and TKed me so I couldn't fly the helicopter.  They were probably in college...

My name is Red, I'm 15 and a half, and I'm a model BF2 player

Last edited by RedFiercare (2005-12-06 16:54:51)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

It is always interesting to know the demographics of who you're playing against. I'm always interested to know how many twelve-year-olds are kicking my arse.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Seth Infinite
+3|6756|Houston, The Republic of Texas
IMHO age doesn't have much significance on the way the game is played. It's all attitude towards the game and repect of the other players. Unfortunately, idiots come in all ages, shapes and color.

One thing about these kids though, there is no way my 50 year old reflexes can keep up with them. That's why I snipe or wrap myself in armour. But, win lose or draw, it all boils down to "did you have fun?" and age doesn't have anything to do with that either.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
It causes 13 year-olds like myself to get very pissed off when we're getting our asses handed to us by 10 year-olds.  Unfortunately 13 year-olds and younger don't get the respect we deserve on online forums usually.  They think 13 year-olds still act like children.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2005-12-06 17:54:19)

Seth Infinite
+3|6756|Houston, The Republic of Texas

_j5689_ wrote:

It causes 13 year-olds like myself to get very pissed off when we're getting our asses handed to us by 10 year-olds.
Thanks,  that was good for a laugh!
divided
Clear!
+3|6790
When I was 13 I could trick people in-game into thinking I was 18.  Age really doesn't matter.
Fahrenheit
+0|6796
age is no concern u can be an ass whatever age u r, i dont care if some one younger than me kicks my butt, thats life...what i dont like is tking over vehicles, or being kicked cos ur getting the upper hand on some clans server...i may die alot in a round but thats down to luck, skill or the lack of it lol, or cos i try too hard...i cant fly slicks so if i get in one i let someone else fly...and i wont steal a tank if ur repairing it lol...played many games over the years and its always the same complaints....such and such weapon is a noob stick, (jedi knight), noob tube (BF2), noob character (heavy weapons guy: Team fortress classic), nade spammer (anyone who uses more than one nade, any game), and now we have whores!!! use a tank, plane, heli, car, scooter...basically anything that gives u an advantage over the foot soldier and ur a whore...fooks sake EA dont give us inline skates or skate boards like ACTION MAN....i dont wanna be a skate whore!! lol as for my age ....well im as young as i feel...but not as young as i look!!
]305[ Charlton
+0|6783
dude im 12 and look at my stats i never tk for vehicles or anything thats not mature.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
From playing on XBox Live, I found out that the people who teamkill are mostly retarded 10 year-old children who get bored and start to teamkill because the idea of leaving during the game is just so hard to comprehend.
RKF77
+1|6768

Lawk wrote:

Now that I think about it, I had a guy in my squad the other night who took my tank while I was repairing it.  He was in his thirties.
How could you tell?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

I'm eighteen, so I'm a good low-middle-ground type guy.
I find the younger people are the ones who like to play with VOIP to extream. This one guy, (who I am glad to say was kicked,) just let out an extended "Peter Griffin" type laugh in with microphone and pissed of everyone. He was a guy but had a high voice.
Still, age and maturity are two different things and you'll always find the people who are really annoying at any age.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
aussiepope
+0|6842|darwin australia

_j5689_ wrote:

It causes 13 year-olds like myself to get very pissed off when we're getting our asses handed to us by 10 year-olds.  Unfortunately 13 year-olds and younger don't get the respect we deserve on online forums usually.  They think 13 year-olds still act like children.
when i was 13 there was no internoob and the top of the line pc was a commodore64

13 yearolds getting owned by 10 year olds (hang your head in shame young padawan learner)
REDTEAM
Banned
+0|6740|Pleasanton,CA
Guess how old I am

I dont care how old you are i just want to pown you
or be powned

I have never annoyed anyone over the VOIP or in game play
ApathyCrusade
+0|6758
I find that regardless of age, most people aren't as smart as I am.
Jodah3
+1|6756

REDTEAM wrote:

Guess how old I am

REDTEAM's sig wrote:

I am 14
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are 10?
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
Nice, you've made it public everywhere that you're 14, so we get it, now stop saying it!  Age doesn't matter all that much, I play with guys who are fun, I used to play on COD with a 9 year old.  This kid was awesome!  The voice was always laughed over like "ahhhh sooo cuuute"  but he got used to it.  I just dont like it when some guy comes on and tk's you over some stupid jet or helo.  I was tked once in a jet as i was about to take off. This guy must not be smart cuz he is in my squad!  I tk him cuz im pissed, get my jet, hover above him, and then kick him off my squad, and eventaully he started tkin everyone so i kicked him. A 30 year old guy gets mad and looses it... 13 may be young but if we have more maturity than that, well thats all i think i gotta say.

Last edited by Miller (2005-12-06 19:41:16)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854
Its the little tyke who get Head shots on you in Free fall, Lightning Reflexs (or skill set ).

In close combat they are all over you. I just dont play enough.
Felonious-Crunk
+0|6757
I'm 14 and I find that age doesn't really matter. My 22 year old brother and I play together all the time. Sometimes I pwn him, and vice versa. Judging a player by his age is just plain stupid. Though I have met some pretty annoying 10 year olds.
sandaltube
+0|6798
I'd rather not know the ages of the people I play with.  I don't really care how old they are, as long as they're not smacktards.
dub_deuces
+1|6735
i played on a server the other day and this kid was constantly swearing through his mic. i kindly asked him to shut it but then he got more cocky... so i lfet the server, no need to swear like a drunken idiot

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard