sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
When you see the way the Palestinians live between those hideous walls in West Bank and Gaza, you feel they are living in concentration camps controlled by Israel.
Are they paying for Hitler's crimes?  If that's the case is it fair?  What did Palestinians do to deserve such a terrible punishment?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio
no
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

no
Very well articulated explanation.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

usmarine2007 wrote:

no
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
No they dont deserve it. This generation has nothing to do with that. So many people just live in the past, its the reason that conflict will never end.

On a side note, all those form British colonies around the Med did support Hitler through out the war. In Alexandria they had the Nazi flags out when Rommel was advancing on them (about when he was 200 miles from them), they even helped through espionage.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

They don't deserve it, and in my opinion, Israel doesn't deserve it's land or country. My opinion.

-konfusion
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America
This is a thread of ignorance.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Miller wrote:

This is a thread of ignorance.
Care to enlighten us, then?

-konfusion
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
they are paying for their inability to govern themselves for the last 700 years.  they are paying for blaming the rest of the world for the problems they face.  whatever.  sucks for the palestinians and a lot of israeli policies are wrong.  but i give no sympathy to a group of people whom the majority of which, I believe, prefer to blame the actions of other parties for their own failures than to take responsibility and make change.  that land belongs to noone but those parties that are occupying it right now.  the palestinians have had their chances to self govern for CENTURIES and have yet to come up to the plate.  thats my pragmatic view on things.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-01 13:22:05)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
Israelis: scapegoat for modern international racism and bigotry? 

one might choose that argument instead. not me, i dont care one way or the other.  if it were the pales running the show over there i would feel the same way towards the stupid israelis who cant govern and always blame others.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

they are paying for their inability to govern themselves for the last 700 years.
Very true.

Their problems have been also compounded by the rest of the worlds actions though. They were promised a unified Arab state (Palestine) after WWI for their assistance in the war (the Arab revolt). Promises concerning the establishment of a Jewish state proved to be poorly compatible with this, although if proper controls were in place and/or anti-semetism in Europe had not gotten so out of control or if some of the Zionist practices of economic deprivement of Arabs (as reported by the Hope Simpson Commission and the King-Crane report as well as from numerous independent Jewish and Arab sources) had not been enacted. If those events had not led to the animosity that caused the Hebron massacre and the retaliatory terror campaign that followed then a bi-partite state solution may have worked considerably better.

None of this changes the fact that Palestine was unlikely to be a well governed nation from the offset - Middle Eastern countries fail at government.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
the middle east is too used to having a strong man run society.  NO POLITICAL CULTURE OR TRADITION
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the middle east is too used to having a strong man run society.  NO POLITICAL CULTURE OR TRADITION
Exactly why there are no Middle Eastern countries with a government I would call successfull.

It is a simillar situation in much of Africa.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire
Many Zionists use the atrocities of WWII to create an 'us against everyone' mentality among the Jewish world. This same attitude is used to justify many wrongdoings in the name of Israel. Anyone who criticizes Israel or the idea of Zionism is often labelled an anti-Semite (see: http://www.zpub.com/notes/adl2.html ...not sure how credible this website is but I saw a report on the law suits in a bbc documentary also) and close links with the US allows people who question Israel to be accused of being 'un-American'.

If other countries behaved like Israel the International community would most likely be a lot more vocal but partially out of embarrassment for WWII it is almost taboo to criticize Israel (the spiritual home of the Jews) and they do what they please.

It is easy to criticize Palestine for not being able to establish its own State but when the world's greatest super power is best friends with the same Country that annexed large areas of your land and now subjects your people to concentration camp living standards it aint exactly easy. Israel controls the water, electricity and access routes into and out of many crucial areas of Palestine and as such holds Palestine in the palm of its hand and can crush it at any moment it chooses. It's not easy to function in these kind of conditions.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Braddock wrote:

Many Zionists use the atrocities of WWII to create an 'us against everyone' mentality among the Jewish world. This same attitude is used to justify many wrongdoings in the name of Israel. Anyone who criticizes Israel or the idea of Zionism is often labelled an anti-Semite (see: http://www.zpub.com/notes/adl2.html ...not sure how credible this website is but I saw a report on the law suits in a bbc documentary also) and close links with the US allows people who question Israel to be accused of being 'un-American'.

If other countries behaved like Israel the International community would most likely be a lot more vocal but partially out of embarrassment for WWII it is almost taboo to criticize Israel (the spiritual home of the Jews) and they do what they please.

It is easy to criticize Palestine for not being able to establish its own State but when the world's greatest super power is best friends with the same Country that annexed large areas of your land and now subjects your people to concentration camp living standards it aint exactly easy. Israel controls the water, electricity and access routes into and out of many crucial areas of Palestine and as such holds Palestine in the palm of its hand and can crush it at any moment it chooses. It's not easy to function in these kind of conditions.
true.  but I would argue that the internationaly community for the most part HAS been the most vocal.  the majority of UN legislation passed has been against Israel.

we cant stop at the blame game with the US and Israel.  lets get ottomans and persians some of the responsibility of keeping the levant down, historically speaking.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
I will answer again: if the Holocaust would not have taken place, would the Palestinians be living in that shithole oppressed by Israel government?  Would Israel even exist?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

sergeriver wrote:

I will answer again: if the Holocaust would not have taken place, would the Palestinians be living in that shithole oppressed by Israel government?  Would Israel even exist?
Yes.

The roots of the problem go back beyond the start of the Holocaust. The Holocaust was a contributary factor which exacerbated the situation, but it was not the driving factor behind the current crisis.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

Yes, the Palestinians were refuges from many countries. The King of Jordan mudered 35000 in artillery attacks and drove them from his land.

As to would there be an Israel, I'd say probably  not. I believe they would have naturally migrated to South America. The anti-Semetism is too deeply entrenched in the ME for Jews to have a home.

I wish they leave, actually. Buy a large part of the Amazon. Make money like they do.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

sergeriver wrote:

i dont think israel would exist. 

if the mongols hadnt invaded baghdad in the 13th century, would we be typing in english or arabic?  because thats the last time you would find a happy palestinian.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
I think there would be a country called Palestine and not that joke where they live today like refugees.  But we'll never know I guess coz that's history.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

sergeriver wrote:

I think there would be a country called Palestine and not that joke where they live today like refugees.  But we'll never know I guess coz that's history.
seriously disagree big dogg.  they had a whole lot of years BEFORE the holocaust to make something called palestine.  they have a bad track record.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

seriously disagree big dogg.  they had a whole lot of years BEFORE the holocaust to make something called palestine.  they have a bad track record.
Dude I saw yesterday a documentary on National Geographic about Palestine, and those people live worse than street dogs.  And the worse part is there were testimonies from Palestinians and Israelis saying they wanted to live in peace with their neighbors.  So, why don't they remove the assholes in power and sort this out?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

There could plausibly have been a scenario where the Palestinians had a reasonably functional country (as functional as other Arab states like Lebannon and Syria). It wouldn't have been anything special though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard