Poll

when you are getting base raped what do you do.

try and kill the people raping you.23%23% - 21
try to escape and only kill the people you need to kill50%50% - 44
leave the server.18%18% - 16
try to go on the other team.7%7% - 7
Total: 88
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6679|In You Endo- Stoke
I also like to bend over and take it like a man.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA
New server.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada

elite.mafia wrote:

New server.
New server leaves me a feeling of "giving up" and "you got owned and mad so you left" in my mind. So sometimes I prefer keep playing and kill what I can. More gratifying imo.
InnerMonkey
+62|6719
If it's appropriate, I'll switch to AT and try to remove armor/helis on my way out.  Other times, it's sniper kit to clean the hillsides, giving my teamates a chance to avoid armor and escape.  If these fail, I just go with AT and sneak out in an attempt to capture a back flag.  If I can't manage a flag, I'll generally pick a vehicle spawn point and attempt to keep that vehicle out of the fight.  This works great for giving your team a chance to get a foothold.  On Ghost Town for example, one or two AT guys can make the heli pilots mad enough to keep coming back to try to kill them.  If you can live, you can keep those two helis occupied and away from the bulk of your team.

I never leave for another server over a baserape, it's just not right.  I'll at least finish the round, but generally, I'll give it two or three more rounds.  If my team repeatedly loses every tank/apc/heli over and over, I leave at the end of a round.

One thing I've noticed is that in the event of a base rape, it is all to common for my team to just go nuts and sit at the uncappable defending a place they can't lose.  WTF?  I've watched teams do this for 15 minutes or more and just don't get it.  The moment anybody gets another flag, you either split enemy forces in half, or you get a free run on another flag or two.  It seems like what should be happening is squads leaving together.

I recently saw my team do something smart and all but two people went AT.  The armored front that was raping melted under rocket fire from about 20 ATers.

Last edited by InnerMonkey (2007-04-01 09:12:01)

mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6599|S.C.
I lay down claymores.
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6443|Austria - Graz
I am the one who rapes...
HansMeiser
+7|6644

killa_karnickl wrote:

I am the one who rapes...
haha nice. ppl that try to rape me usually end up leavin the server 10 mins later
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6751|Chicago.
Spawn at a different location.

If there aren't any available, I just spawn at that point and pick off all that I can (repeat as necessary).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard