Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

I swear to god this game is appealing to every person on the planet. Which is probably why every fucking player in this game is a total fucking moron. Honestly, words cannot begin to describe my general hatred for the 2142 player base. I thought BF2 was bad enough. But 2142 is far worse. Those fucksticks at DICE thought it would be a good idea to make teamwork a requirement to succeed. Earth to DICE: There is no fucking teamwork in your games because anybody can play it.

How the majority of 2142 players can even turn on their computers is beyond me. I guess that's how Dell got so rich, they raked in cash from tech support warranties so these morons can be walked through step-by-step on how to push a power button.

Not only that, but it's slowly becoming like BF2. AKA, a ton of 24/7 gibraltar servers. Gibraltar's a decent map, but why the hell would you want to play one map for the majority of your game's life span? Did you really just plop down $50 for models, skins, and a map? Maybe DICE should've made a 2142 Lite edition that was just the necessary files to play Gibraltar.

Where are the clans? I see tons of servers that give no clan info, and never have clan members in them. What gives? The majority of clans run the dogshit excuses for servers that are 24/7 Gibraltar as well. Gah.

This game is great when you can get a good squad and teamwork going, but when you're lonewolfing it you might as well go sniper and jack off.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6488|Somewhere else

Alot of the clans are sticking with BF2.

IMO a better game.

After 2142 came out, I did notice a SLIGHT drop in noobery.  I am not sure what it is in 2142 that I don't like, but I don't like 2142.  Seems more linear than 2.  The unlocks are a joke IMO.  you have to unlock medpacks, ammo, and defib? why?   

I wonder what Quake Wars will be like.....
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland

RoosterCantrell wrote:

you have to unlock medpacks, ammo, and defib? why?
Umm, no you don't have to unlock med and ammo packs? They are just upgraded versions. You do get a med pack, moron. How about you play the game before you start dissing it?

BF2 karkand is just revive heaven. I'm glad 2142 isn't.
Hurricane
Banned

I don't even care about the unlocks. It's the lack of teamwork that annoys me.

edit: In BF2, on say Dalian or OCS, I could get in a jet or chopper and do pretty well. In 2142, if my team sucks I simply cannot do well.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-03-31 09:41:38)

2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6784

Hurricane wrote:

edit: In BF2, on say Dalian or OCS, I could get in a jet or chopper and do pretty well. In 2142, if my team sucks I simply cannot do well.
Maybe that is a reflection of your own talent in 2142 o.0
killaer
+41|6725
Nobody cares. If you don't like it, don't play it. Calling an entire game's player base stupid or such is pretty pointless.
You suck. Get over it, and go cut your wrists in the bathroom.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6578|Portland, OR, USA
heh, I never got 2142...
link52787
+29|6529
I play all the BF games and its mods.

I play BF2, SF, 2142 and Project Reality, on rare occasions, Point of Existence. 

There is no team work in 2142.  You want team work?  Play PR, you have to depend on team work to win and to stay alive because the respawn time is a bitch. 

On 2142, I'm a lonewolf sniper.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6700

killaer wrote:

Nobody cares. If you don't like it, don't play it. Calling an entire game's player base stupid or such is pretty pointless.
Watch it buddy.

link52787 wrote:

I play all the BF games and its mods.

I play BF2, SF, 2142 and Project Reality, on rare occasions, Point of Existence. 

There is no team work in 2142.  You want team work?  Play PR, you have to depend on team work to win and to stay alive because the respawn time is a bitch. 

On 2142, I'm a lonewolf sniper.
Me too. I basically only play PR now, and whenever I play 2142 I just do sniper with the stock rifle, decoy, and stabilizer, and do some long distance face pwnage. Everything else to do in that game is boring already.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-31 10:06:59)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6712|Central Valley,California
BF2, is boring as hell. The ranks are simply to hard for no unlocks for me.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

Well, I was gunna play 2142 today. Thanks for turning me away from it
Off to play SF.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6604|Michigan, USA
You say no teamwork, but Ive had plenty of great times with my sqauds, just like BF2, you need to have the right people in order for teamwork to succeed.  If your gonna tell me for one fucking second that BF2 has more teamwork, go outside and beat yourself with a rock.  BF2 has no incentive to work as a team, almsot everyone on every map takes medic, and whores it out.  You don't like unlocks, fine, don't play don't need asshat who play for 20 mintues then call the game shit becasue your team lost.  Its an online GAME why is winning so important?  Gotta boost your e-penis for your e-girlfriend?  I love both BF2 and 2142, but I haven't seen teamwork in the BF series since Vietnam, stats ruined teamwork, no one gives a shit about their teamates, only about their ranks, which is why both BF2 and 2142 fail.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6536|stalker.
Time to install bf2?
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6656|Norway

swe:D wrote:

Time to install bf2?

1 + to the op, lmao

and yes, i did notice a slight noob drop in bf2 after 2142 came out
Hurricane
Banned

killaer wrote:

Now now, I never did anything to receive that sort of response. Don't make me call the ATF on you, I don't want another Columbine to happen because you had so much pent up anger in you.

edit: Yes winning is important, do you enjoy playing football/basketball/curling against a team/player that is going to completely demolish you? I know it's a game, but it's meant to be played as a team. I also was exaggerating a bit when I wrote the post, as I finished a round on Remagen where nobody ever spawned on the Goliath; they preferred to snipe snowflakes.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-03-31 12:26:59)

killaer
+41|6725

Hurricane wrote:

killaer wrote:

Now now, I never did anything to receive that sort of response. Don't make me call the ATF on you, I don't want another Columbine to happen because you had so much pent up anger in you.

edit: Yes winning is important, do you enjoy playing football/basketball/curling against a team/player that is going to completely demolish you? I know it's a game, but it's meant to be played as a team. I also was exaggerating a bit when I wrote the post, as I finished a round on Remagen where nobody ever spawned on the Goliath; they preferred to snipe snowflakes.
Nobody bothers to teamplay on pubs. Join a clan if you want team play.
JovesApples
+4|6461|USA
i agree with some points from the OP,

Camp G is a great map, but so is T Harbor, Taiba, Cerbere, and Belgrade

i been playing tons of Camp G servers, its a good map for badges, been trying to get the expert explosives

Camp G is a grenade fest, and occasionally you get lots of exploiters, like the guys on the rooftops
Hurricane
Banned

Jeeze, the teamwork in this game has its ups and downs. Just got the assault lines pin. excellent teamplay those few rounds.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6710
I shall shine my guiding light upon you brother......

And point you in the direction of Project Reality
www.realitymod.com
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6444|Brisbane, Australia

Hurricane wrote:

I swear to god this game is appealing to every person on the planet. Which is probably why every fucking player in this game is a total fucking moron. Honestly, words cannot begin to describe my general hatred for the 2142 player base. I thought BF2 was bad enough. But 2142 is far worse. Those fucksticks at DICE thought it would be a good idea to make teamwork a requirement to succeed. Earth to DICE: There is no fucking teamwork in your games because anybody can play it.

How the majority of 2142 players can even turn on their computers is beyond me. I guess that's how Dell got so rich, they raked in cash from tech support warranties so these morons can be walked through step-by-step on how to push a power button.

Not only that, but it's slowly becoming like BF2. AKA, a ton of 24/7 gibraltar servers. Gibraltar's a decent map, but why the hell would you want to play one map for the majority of your game's life span? Did you really just plop down $50 for models, skins, and a map? Maybe DICE should've made a 2142 Lite edition that was just the necessary files to play Gibraltar.

Where are the clans? I see tons of servers that give no clan info, and never have clan members in them. What gives? The majority of clans run the dogshit excuses for servers that are 24/7 Gibraltar as well. Gah.

This game is great when you can get a good squad and teamwork going, but when you're lonewolfing it you might as well go sniper and jack off.
You make genralisations which cant be supported by facts. Since when does buying a game and playing it make someone a moron, Since when are alot of the servers gibralter, i only seen 1 local one. You my friend obvously encountered some people who gave you a hard time and then made the asumption that everyone is like that. You can not posibilly have met every 2142 player. Just because you hate a game, doesnt mean you have to hate everyone who plays it. if you hate people so much, then maybe The comment i read somewhere above about slitting your wrists is infact the way to go for you.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
Is this game really THAT appealing? 2142 ?   No.
Full Sail
+3|6502

Hurricane wrote:

. . . those fucksticks at . . .
Heh, been watching The Departed latley?

Hurricane wrote:

Maybe DICE should've made a 2142 Lite edition that was just the necessary files to play Gibraltar.
Hah, genius, I love it.

The nail has been pounded into a floor tack by this man, Hurricane.
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6304|ohio,USA

leetkyle wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

you have to unlock medpacks, ammo, and defib? why?
Umm, no you don't have to unlock med and ammo packs? They are just upgraded versions. You do get a med pack, moron. How about you play the game before you start dissing it?

BF2 karkand is just revive heaven. I'm glad 2142 isn't.
BF2 karkand is just revive heaven that indeed my friend that indeed
Volatile
+252|6712|Sextupling in Empire

Being a lone wolf on conquest can be a problem sometimes. Titan is much more enjoyable for wolfs such as myself.

Edit: At least with 2142 I don't have to deal with poor hit detection, and non-stop exploits.

Last edited by Volatile_Squirrel (2007-03-31 22:38:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard