im_in_heaven
+27|6578
Why cant any of these nods have global ranks> It would make the mod like 50 x better. Most people play bf2 cuz of the ranks. Why put all your time and effort into making a mod that wont last or take off cuz of ranks? get on that plzz
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6436|The Land of Scott Walker
I've been waiting to play this for the fun, not a ranking.  That's just me, though.
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6461|NY

im_in_heaven wrote:

Why cant any of these nods have global ranks> It would make the mod like 50 x better. Most people play bf2 cuz of the ranks. Why put all your time and effort into making a mod that wont last or take off cuz of ranks? get on that plzz
You clearly don't know the history behind this mod or the people who are looking forward to playing it. Ranks mean shit, it's all about playing a game that is fun and one that is everything bf2 wishes it could be.

....and the original DC was the stepping stone which made bf2 possible, if im not mistaken.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
I wonder if it will be better than PR though...
Can someone post a few screen shots of the kit selection pages and a few in game pics.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-30 13:54:49)

im_in_heaven
+27|6578

Flex wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

You clearly don't know the history behind this mod or the people who are looking forward to playing it. Ranks mean shit, it's all about playing a game that is fun and one that is everything bf2 wishes it could be.

....and the original DC was the stepping stone which made bf2 possible, if im not mistaken.
I clearly know that these mods arent as big as bf2. So put your brain to work and tell me why. Your fooling yourself if you think rank means shit. Most people still play this game now cuz of the ranking system. Im not ripping on the game so you dont have to come "try" to rip on me. I would probably play that game instad of bf2 if it had ranks. And beleive me tonnes of other people would to.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6621|Washington, DC

What maps does it have? I pine for Urban Siege and Sea Rigs.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6515|dunno

im_in_heaven wrote:

Flex wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

I clearly know that these mods arent as big as bf2. So put your brain to work and tell me why. Your fooling yourself if you think rank means shit. Most people still play this game now cuz of the ranking system. Im not ripping on the game so you dont have to come "try" to rip on me. I would probably play that game instad of bf2 if it had ranks. And beleive me tonnes of other people would to.
If you only play games for ranks then wow. This mod doent need ranks it owns with out them.
im_in_heaven
+27|6578

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

Flex wrote:

If you only play games for ranks then wow. This mod doent need ranks it owns with out them.
I played this game cuz it was really fun at the beginning then after a few hundred hours its not as fun. So the ranking keeps people playing. Im stil waiting for some answers as to why any mod hasnt reached the heights of bf2 yet. I mean Not even 1/1000th of the size. So yea ranks do mean alot.

Last edited by im_in_heaven (2007-03-30 14:05:25)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6515|dunno

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

I played this game cuz it was really fun at the beginning then after a few hundred hours its not as fun. So the ranking keeps people playing. Im stil waiting for some answers as to why any mod hasnt reached the heights of bf2 yet. I mean Not even 1/1000th of the size. So yea ranks do mean alot.
The mod just came out today. Rank means jack shit and it is good mods that they dont have ranks so most people are willing to work as a team rather than lone wolfing and trying to get tons of points and making there team loose. This mod is 20x better than bf2 it is what bf2 should have been like when it first came out. It doesnt need ranks.

Last edited by The_Killer (2007-03-30 14:14:05)

Hurricane
Banned

Anyways, I doubt this mod will last too long. Look at POE2.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6515|dunno

Hurricane wrote:

Play it and see for your self.
im_in_heaven
+27|6578

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

The mod just came out today. Rank means jack shit and it is good mods that they dont have ranks so most people are willing to work as a team rather than lone wolfing and trying to get tons of points and making there team loose. This mod is 20x better than bf2 it is what bf2 should have been like when it first came out. It doesnt need ranks.
It needs ranks to survive imo. A game needs incentives to continuously play in order to survive now. So what if it just came out. Ever mod has the same crap about "more teamwork" and no ranks no whores etc etc. None of them made it. why? Put 2 and 2 together.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

It needs ranks to survive imo. A game needs incentives to continuously play in order to survive now. So what if it just came out. Ever mod has the same crap about "more teamwork" and no ranks no whores etc etc. None of them made it. why? Put 2 and 2 together.
Well, look at Project Reality, it is a thriving mod, and is continuously expanding in both community and content.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-30 14:17:28)

im_in_heaven
+27|6578
thriving? It has what like 2 north american servers? And been out how long? The games look great and i would rather play them if they had ranks. And if you think the majority of people disagree with me then your very nieve
Zodiaccup
+42|6537

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

PR is able to use Alternative Battlefield Ranking, and i think so can DCon.
But if not it's not a problem for me. Quality of players over quantity.

im_in_heaven wrote:

thriving? It has what like 2 north american servers? And been out how long? The games look great and i would rather play them if they had ranks. And if you think the majority of people disagree with me then your very nieve
PR is just version 0.5 (Mini Mod) at the moment, wait until it's final release.

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2007-03-30 14:21:33)

im_in_heaven
+27|6578

Zodiaccup wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

PR is able to use Alternative Battlefield Ranking, and i think so can DCon.
But if not it's not a problem for me. Quality of players over quantity.
However, quality players dont make a game last its quantity of players that do
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6515|dunno

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

Ranks mean everything? is that why alot of people dont play pubs any more and play unranked. Really just face it your wrong a game or a mod doesnt need ranks to survive. Bf2 is dieing anyway so people are getting tired of the same stuff over and over.
im_in_heaven
+27|6578

The_Killer wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

Ranks mean everything? is that why alot of people dont play pubs any more and play unranked. Really just face it your wrong a game or a mod doesnt need ranks to survive. Bf2 is dieing anyway so people are getting tired of the same stuff over and over.
lol please tell me how many more people play ranked servers than non ranked. Like i said your very nieve. bf2 is dying after what 2 years? and it still has over 100000 people playing regularly. So instead of saying "face it your wrong" come with something substantial instead of childish ways of pretending to win arguments. And i never said rank is everything. So please dont manipulate wording in order to fit your argument.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

im_in_heaven wrote:

It has about 40 servers, but there IS a thriving community of about 500 people I'd say. People who play it often. And because the mod is getting better and better with each release more people join. When a new version comes out, say 500 people download it, of those 500 about 100 will probably stick with it, which is like a filter for people who don't like the game play, so in the end only people who like PR play it, therefore the community rocks and everyone is a team player.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-30 14:27:49)

OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6306|Newcastle UK
When i joined a server it still had some sort of ranks on the 3 ranked servers, i was a pfc but there was corporals etc.
Hurricane
Banned

The_Killer wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Play it and see for your self.
Huh? I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm saying it won't surprise me if it ends up like POE2.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Finished downloading going to try it out tomorrow.
im_in_heaven
+27|6578
regardless of all this talk im still going to try it like i did PR. Hopefully the ranks dont mean anything to me but i doubt it after a few hours.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

OakLeaves wrote:

When i joined a server it still had some sort of ranks on the 3 ranked servers, i was a pfc but there was corporals etc.
Yeah, a few servers have a alternative ranking system. I am a sergeant, but I don't remember ever ranking up in game .
zeidmaan
+234|6405|Vienna

In PR servers with ABR in the name have ranks (glory hounds,  Thors, iGi, PTG, Helix etc). You can see the ranks here:
http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/

And yep I wish no game had stats and ranks because it makes half the people on the server play like idiots just to get a badge or a ribbon. One plays knives only to get the knife kills, one with pistols, commander is AFK but is a commander just to get the hours, there are 10 squads with 1 guy only because everyone needs SL hours etc. And dude that was saying rank = more people, well its true sadly but some mods dont want "more people" they just want good people. People that play for the fun of it.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC EVERYONE... K THANKS BY
Just played for bunch of hours and its not very different from vanila BF2. Rules are the same (unfortunately). Conquest with no assault lines (biggest mistake) so its just hop from one flag to another. Flags change ownership about 20 times IAR.
It is better of course in many aspects. They have put a lot of work on vehicles. On "big" maps infantry is almost non egsistent, you get maybe 2 planes, 2 choppers, 2-4 mobile AAs, about 6 tanks, 2-4 APC 2 artilleries etc. So there is definitly a spot for everyone in a vehicle.
There are few good "city" maps and few that are insanely crap. Think karkand

AT class now has also a AA missile launcher. The missiles dont lock on but they have a proximity fuse. Meaning the missile explodes when it gets near a target. The closer the better (more damage). They are really good at taking down choppers because choppers are quite slow. But if a good pilot is in a airplane its a different story.

Biggest unbalance is infantry vs tanks. AT class has unguided, slow flying rockets that have roughly the same physics as Assault class grenade launcher grenades. Meaning they fly in an arch pattern. So imagine how hard it is to hit a moving tank with a grenade launcher.
And on top of that it takes 4-5 hits to the tank, and tanks move much faster than in vanilla BF2. AND on top of that it takes no more than 10 seconds to repair a tank. On Jalalabad I parked my tank next to another guy in a tank, both of us engineers, and we never even got close to being destroyed.
I will not judge teamwork because its a brand new mod and everyone wants to try it.   

So basically if you like the vanilla game play you will LOVE this mod and if you are not a stats whore you will never play vanilla again. Its that much better.
But if you love Project Reality's tactical, realistic gameplay, accurate powerfull weapons and other stuff you will not enjoy it much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard