Poll

What do u think about " No base raping rule"?

Its a riticulous rule!37%37% - 37
I love it !30%30% - 30
Illusion of Safe-Heaven (kids think that they r safe )29%29% - 29
What is that rule about ? :S4%4% - 4
Total: 100
Termisx
+5|6408|Finland
In my opinion that big circle on the main flag creates illusion of safety.

Since i see servers with or without this rule, i want to know what people actually think about UCB rules...
so vote and say why u voted specific item
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6624|Camp XRay

smurfs flock to that little red ring like a mouse to cheese
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6475|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I say that rule sucks, the game is so much more fun when people hate you doing it
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6751|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
From a server admin's perspective...(and NO, we don't have that rule on our server)

I prefer to see servers have this rule for one very simple reason...if you get pwned too much and you're in the base and you can't even spawn, you leave. Plain and simple. I've seen it on our servers and on other servers. It's one thing to get wasted because you aren't so good...it's another thing entirely to be in a server where you can't even move, after your spawn, before you die.

Make no mistake, most times (if not ALL times), the team getting spawn raped EARNED the beating. The only qualification here is when servers to do not have AB on and the teams are dreadfully uneven. However, if you don't give people a chance to move, they'll leave (or are stupid not to...). Now the server loses. Period. Empty servers are a bad thing. Yes, we pay for the server to be available at our convenience. However, full servers are generally the fun ones.

I can accept if your penis is SO friggin small that spawn killing is about the only way to feel the endorphin rush...I was once like you, then I got Enzyte, the once a day pill for natural male enhancement, and I got over it.

Oh, and kills don't diminish with this rule per se...the folks in the base don't generally sit there (OK, some do, but ??!), so you simply wait at the door and knife 'em when they come out.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

Did you not just see the other hundred threads on this topic?
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
baserape is for selfish noobs who can´t score by fair play.
Alliednations
+0|6241|Illinois, United States
most people never listen to that kinda rule UNLESS theres an admin cause ive been in servers playing wake 2007 where, as the usmc, there are millions of people just standing on the deck getting strafed by the chinese.
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6532|Donnacona, Quebec
Wake: No baserape at all
All othe maps: baserape with all flags

That way, if you get raped, you earned it
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

I dont like rappers, base or no base !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
park226
+2|6272
spawn killing on cappable is fair game but constant uncap base rapes are in a way stat padders and in no way fun for the losing team. if they are engaged prior to the uncap they are fair game. if they engage you from an uncap, fair game. in NO way should an uncap be used as a safe haven. if you want a server to empty out then that's a way to do it. if there are other flags to be held, go cap them. if the teams are unbalanced, balance them. who wants to play fair and possibly lose right?.

Last edited by park226 (2007-03-29 09:28:24)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6550|EUtopia | Austria
Baserape whil holding all flags is pretty much ok, on Wake, it sucks, however.
BlackKoala
+215|6326

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

I think base raping is more of a psychological thing, rather than doing it for the points.  It's load of fun to laugh at you calling us all names while you are getting owned as you spawn!  -_-

park226 wrote:

constant uncap base rapes are in a way stat padders
Not really, because the round ends faster during an all out rape, so there's not much to pad.  But maybe jsut a few new victims?
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6532|Donnacona, Quebec
Anyway, if you rape, there's a really good chance you'll be raped next round and that you're the one that's gonna be like "OmFG r4p3RZZZZ!!!!!!!!oneone1/!!!1"
Dwit
+34|6511
3 words:
War is hell.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
I like the rule. Im sure raping the carrier on wake is fun for the J10 pilot. Its not fun for the 25 other people standing on the Chinese airfield or the people spawning on the carrier.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
It depends on the situation.  If a team has all flags and the UCB is the only one that remains then fine by all means rape the base.  When there are still flags to be capped however then baserape is not necessary.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia
Rape in real life = 10 years-life
Rape in BF2 should = 10 years-life

What's so terrible about defending a flag?  Sure you don't get 300 points per round, but hey, who really plays just for points?  (sarcastic)   It's a game, and should be played as such.  Who goes and plays a game of football so that they can say they got 40 points that day?  You go and play to have fun and kick some ass.  How fun is sitting in one spot clicking once you see someone reappear from the dead?
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
I baserape
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

']['error wrote:

I baserape
No shit Sherlock
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
This topic has been overdone so much that it needs it's on fuckin' sub forum.

It always ends up in the exact same shit being said,and after it all nothing has changed apart from more people resent each other.

I know,I'll create a thread about how the letter "e" is used frequently in my posts.After all it would be a less pointless thread than this.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver
If another team can't fight back, then I will leave.

It's not about points. It is about lacking in entertainment.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
Your poll options suck.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6536|Edmonton Alberta
i like to baserape
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

']['error wrote:

I baserape
ditto

the way i see it is, if you're so stupid that you can't grab a base, you deserve to get your ass pounded by our firepower.
park226
+2|6272

BlackKoala wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

I think base raping is more of a psychological thing, rather than doing it for the points.  It's load of fun to laugh at you calling us all names while you are getting owned as you spawn!  -_-

park226 wrote:

constant uncap base rapes are in a way stat padders
Not really, because the round ends faster during an all out rape, so there's not much to pad.  But maybe jsut a few new victims?
lol, rounds end quicker? it's been done to me and it seemed to be a lifetime.
the next round when tides turn and you start doing the raping...then your the bad guy and they start to scream bloody murder lookin for an admin to kick or ban you. just to keep it equal keeping the uncap off limits would make gameplay smoother.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard