ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6445|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Ive been hearing since i do not have a XBOX360 or a PS3 that these consoles are better graphics than the PC games, im from a small village where im among a handful of PC gamers at tops and all i hear is wow the xbox and PS3 are alot better than the PC, the PC graphics suck..but is this really the case or not?

Are the new consoles better than the PC or is the PC still top?
frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6526|QLD, australia
Mate don't believe the lies, PS3 and XBOX360 look nowhere near as good as a maxed out pc, especially at high res because they lack anti aliasing. Grab yourself an 8800GTX over a console any day.

Last edited by frankyman_88 (2007-03-29 02:51:29)

maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6272
I believe pc is still top, and if its not in the moment, all we have to do is wait. PCs will stay top for sure.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

PCs get new parts all the time... So they keep up to date. If you have the best PC available (actually you don't even need the best I think) you will have better graphics on it than consoles.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6569|Cheshire. UK
if you you are prepared to pay big money for a HD widescreen tv then the Xbox360 looks pretty good.... but as said before the PC with a high res monitor and a good graphics card piss all over xbox360 and ps3 in the picture stakes
Chorcai
+49|6618|Ireland
CRYSIS baby, wait untill that game is out, see all those console babys cryin..waaahh waaahh
killinzero1
+14|6358

frankyman_88 wrote:

Mate don't believe the lies, PS3 and XBOX360 look nowhere near as good as a maxed out pc, especially at high res because they lack anti aliasing. Grab yourself an 8800GTX over a console any day.
hes right xbox30 nor ps3 can not be upgraded. where u have spend maybe 6-8 hundard dollars on a beast pc and then u can KEEP upgrading it to the max. so no consle can beat a pc
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
PC ftw.
Madman
+0|6250|Melbourne, Australia
I believe the console game graphics look magnificent and the games are very stable but realistically they can't compete with a pc. You can always upgrade to more ram or a better GPU and download patches etc.. but with a console game, you're stuck with what you got in the first place. They're just a quick plug in and play box designed for noobs that either can't afford a good gaming pc or don't have the brains to maintain one. Sorry to all you console fans
ssonrats
+221|6616
= PC. /thread.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

ssonrats wrote:

= PC. /thread.
Weren't you banned for goatse sig?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Madman wrote:

I believe the console game graphics look magnificent and the games are very stable but realistically they can't compete with a pc. You can always upgrade to more ram or a better GPU and download patches etc.. but with a console game, you're stuck with what you got in the first place. They're just a quick plug in and play box designed for noobs that either can't afford a good gaming pc or don't have the brains to maintain one. Sorry to all you console fans
Not to mention consoles come so late in Australia.

I've never owned a console (horror!) and I have to say, I prefer a PC.  An upside to PCs are that you can post on forums with them, unlike consoles.  Consoles still have a limited range of uses.
Greenboi
+14|6338
PC gets a lot of the games that are on consoles anyway.. but you can make them look nicer with better graphics, i mean the xbox 360 is apparently using a 2 year old gpu now.. which is clearly worse than an 8800
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6359|New York
I've played 360 and i own a PS3. A high end gaming machine will always be ahead. Both consoles are already outclassed by high end gaming rigs. They look great on an HD screen, but I can already see the limitations of both systems (ie polygon count).
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6569|S.C.
I believe the graphics module on the ps3 is based on a 7800 or a 7600, which one i cant remember.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6626|Lancaster Ohio, USA
I own a 360 and my old PC still beats it any day. I don't think there will ever be a console that can outdo a PC.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
The Xbox 360 has a GPU that is very similar to the R600, and it's supposed to be DX10 as well.

It also has three IBM CPU's at either 3.2GHz, or 3.6GHz each.

That's pretty powerful if you ask me. It's going to take a pretty decent computer to be able to completely out-do the Xbox 360.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

You can't compare PC vs consoles.  But if you realy want to, each machine has its own cons and pros. Consoles last for a long time, as developers tend to program the games to the hardware in the console, unlike the PC, where you can chose different GFX options. You gotta upgrade ur pc at least every 1-2years, to run the best new games.

Next gen consoles, needs HDTV, which is costly, but tend to be a better choice for gamers. In 2-3 Years time, everything will be HD, and people will have to buy them, but  surely  they get cheaper.
As for the online play, consoles are catching up with the MP, as everyone here know how good the XBL is, and PSN will start to catch up in few years time.

BTW, for the ppl who are saying consoles aint that powerful compared to a pc, well, the cell processor for the PS3 and the three symmetrical cores for the 360, are surley can be equal to the C2D, if not better.

In conclusion, I would say consoles are an addition to the PC, if you can't afford getting a decent GFX card, a new processor every now and then, then surely consoles will be the better choice.

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-03-30 08:44:21)

beerface702
+65|6664|las vegas
honeslty at the moment xbox looks slightly better.

on a good screen of course

its only because pc developers are being lazy, sure i can crank games from last year up with full AA and AF, but they wont beat gears of war today in eyecandy and performance.

give it 5 months, PC will be king soon enough again. it always happens

the hardware is there for sure, its just poor games and lack of money coming in to devs for alot of titles

look at stalker for example, great gameplay..graphics so -so. which is fine, but alot of bugs which has become expected more and more the past couple of years

R6:vegas was a real let down on pc also, but runs flawless on xbox, and looks better at 720p

i dont even own a xbox or a ps3 and i see this.

it will all change when conan, QW, crysis, etc come out though
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6622
Game consoles always had it better for racing games because the controllers were better (for racing), but ever since adapters came out which allow you to use Playstation etc controllers on a pc they've not been as good.

The only advantage games consoles have over pc's now are console exclusive stuff that doesn't appear on the pc.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6520|EUtopia | Austria
Consoles are always sold below production price, so for that money you'd rather not get an equal PC. However, you can use your PC for quite some more stuff than just gaming and watching vids. Naturally, you'll spend more on your PC, so basically, it will outperform game consoles
ReDevilJR
+106|6322
And you won't have compatibility problems/installing problems since it's put-in-the-disc and play with consoles... But i still prefer PC over xobx/ps3/wii any day... for that you can do more
frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6526|QLD, australia

beerface702 wrote:

look at stalker for example, great game play..graphics so -so
Stalker graphics are not really so-so...
https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o35/frankyman_88/XR_3DA2007-04-0522-21-24-70.jpg
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6680|Charlie One Alpha
My current pc produces better graphics than the Xbox360. As for the PS3, I don't know. That thing is said to be insanely powerful. But in the end, a PC always wins out because they are upgradable. A PS3 might be faster than my pc now, but in a year, my pc will be on top again.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

Why compare pc with the consoles ,ffs. Consoles goes along with PC's!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard