INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
well i saw this trailer on TV earlier and thought it looked like itll be a pretty good movie
what do u guys think

commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6414|Michigan, USA

It looks okay, not really my kind of movie, i.e. with the whole conan the barbarian thing going on.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
this is somewhat historically true --> some historians disagree wheather Vikings discovered America. If you read a lot of history books you'll find out that the Erik the red settled in Greenland, but other ships who searched for better colonies reached America, and encountered Indians.

The Vikings were a people from Scandinavia. In the second half of the eighth century, they started raids on England, and during the next centuries, their raids and lands formed an important force in European politics.

In the west, the Vikings colonized a number of lands - the Hebrides, the Orkneys, Faeroer, Iceland. The latter country was first seen around 860. It was discovered by accident by Gardar Svarsson, who was blown off course going to the Hebrides. The same happened to Naddod around the same period. Next, Floki Vilgerdasson spent a Winter there, the colonization of the country was started in the 870s, and by 930 viking colonies were spread over all of Iceland.

Like Iceland before, around 930 Greenland was discovered by a viking who was blown off course, his name was Gunnbjorn. The first viking to colonize Greenland was Eric the Red. In 982, Eric was banned from Iceland because of manslaughter, and he decided to explore the country discovered by Gunnbjorn. After three years he returned, talking enthousiastically about the land, which he called Greenland, and in 986, he returned with several shiploads of colonists. Two colonies were started, the eastern and the western settlement, both on the west coast.

Bjarni Herjulfsson came back home to his father in Iceland in 986, only to hear that his father had joined Eric to Greenland. He decided to go there himself, but missed it, and reached America. He explored a large part of the American coast, but he did not land there. Around the year 1000, Eric's son Leif tried to establish a colony somewhere in America, in a land he called Vinland. A few more attempts were made in the following years, but all were abandoned after only one or two years. We do not know where exactly Vinland was. On Newfoundland, a viking settlement has been found in a place called L'Anse aux Meadows. Many historians believe that this was the settlement of Leif, but others think that Vinland was further south, perhaps in New England.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon
my ancestor helped to settle the ohio river valley in the mid to late 1700's. he became very close to the shawnee indians including tecumseh.
its documented that the shawnees talked about whites that made it as far as their sacred hunting grounds (kentucky) but somehow perished there. based on how many generations the story had been passed down (they didnt keep records) it is thought that these whites found america before any known expedition.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
I'd watch any movie with historical value.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

I dont watch trailers that are more than 20 seconds long (too many spoilers) but it sounds interesting.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville
Looks interesting.
da_schmitty
+14|6265
I love the actual TV trailer....at the end "Rated R for intense and graphic prolonged violence".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard