cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Psych0 wrote:

Canadian soldier are better than USA soldier on 1vs1. Canadian also have to best sniper in the world. Their army is just way smaller than the USA army or other country, and the guns, tanks, etc is old and is in ruin. Even if I'm Canadian, I don't think there should be Canadian forces in Bf2, the army, and war in Canada aren't very important. We already have USMC vs MEC maps, it would be the same, CF(Canadian forces) vs MEC...
A mod could be nice to play but not that interesting.
Oh dear. This could be the spark that starts a "my country is better than your country" war. In all honesty, having the best snipers means nothing without an army for them to support. You could just roll up in a tank and smush 'em. And also, saying that you have "to best sniper in the world" is really, REALLY subjective. Just because one of them made a really long-ass shot using a sniper rifle and killed a man, doesn't mean that they are the best.

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

we drive like assholes, or you just suck at driving? and i have never heard of freedom fries.
Freedom fries = French fries. We (i.e. not New York, but the rest of our great, ignorant nation) "changed" the name to freedom fries because the French wouldn't back us up in our invading of Iraq.

But let's not turn this into a D&ST debate, m'kay?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6389|USA, MICHIGAN
i've trained with some of the Canadian military, when i was in the MARINES, and they are actually pretty decent, i'd fight next to a Canadian anyday.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

INFERNO552 wrote:

devildogfo wrote:

First of all, no. I like candians, they are so eager to please. They just tend to be nice. Except they drive like assholes and put vinegar on their "freedom" fries (lol). (i live right by the canadian border).

Second of all, when in WWII were the candians more feared than the SS? ya gotta be high.
well in WWII we had the battle of vimmy ridge (where both british and american troops failed to take it, we succeeded)

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

italian campaign and more
I like how you claim, in a nationalist fervor, that Canadian soldiers were feared, yet you list the Dieppe Raid, the Battle of Hong Kong, and the Battle of the Bulge. The first two were abject failures, while the latter remains a mystery to me, because Canadians had a minimal involvement in it.
shadowkila
+26|6411|Canada

Drakef wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

devildogfo wrote:

First of all, no. I like candians, they are so eager to please. They just tend to be nice. Except they drive like assholes and put vinegar on their "freedom" fries (lol). (i live right by the canadian border).

Second of all, when in WWII were the candians more feared than the SS? ya gotta be high.
well in WWII we had the battle of vimmy ridge (where both british and american troops failed to take it, we succeeded)

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

I like how you claim, in a nationalist fervor, that Canadian soldiers were feared, yet you list the Dieppe Raid, the Battle of Hong Kong, and the Battle of the Bulge. The first two were abject failures, while the latter remains a mystery to me, because Canadians had a minimal involvement in it.
I don't know why, but i just really dislike you.Are you a muslim immigrant?
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

shadowkila wrote:

Drakef wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

I don't know why, but that got a laugh out of me.

Nope, I'm a white guy, born and bred here in Vancouver, British Columbia. I'm always lived here, actually. And I have no religion.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Hooray for self-hating Canucks!
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6603

shadowkila wrote:

Drakef wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

You have something against muslims, kid.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6646|Canada

INFERNO552 wrote:

devildogfo wrote:

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

Um, you'd better check up on your history books again there...

Vimy Ridge and the Somme were both battles in the First World War. Vimy Ridge was first assualted by British and French troops who failed. The Canadians managed to take the hill in a matter of days.

We played a minor role in Battle of the Bulge; most of the battle was concetrated in the American sector and some of the British areas.

Battle of Hong Kong and the Dieppe Raid are both considered defeats/tragedies. The Japanese took over Hong Kong and we though thousands of men in both battles.

To show some of our greater moments, we were one of 3 countries to have a landing beach in the Normandy Invasion. On D-Day, the Canadians were the furthest to push inland, some up to over 10 miles I believe, and then they had to turn around because they had moved to far from their supplies and support. Canadian parachutists were also part of the D-Day landings.

Before D-Day we fought in 1940 and 1941, we were evacuated from Dunkirk and we fought and defended the British Isles from German air raids. We then landed at North Africa and later moved onto Sicily and the main part of Italy.

In the fall of '44 we took part in Operation Market Garden, and we continued fighting untill the end of the war.

By the end of the First and Second World Wars, Canada was among the best fighting forces. At the end of teh Second World War we also had the 4th largest navy.

We later went on to serve in Korea, other middle eastern countries, and we are still in Afghanistan.

But, we still aren't a big enough fighting force to be put into BF2.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

cowami wrote:

Hooray for self-hating Canucks!
No, not self-hating.

I merely despise this poorly conceived nationalism through supposed military might that is meant to pretend that somehow Canadians are better.
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6297|ohio,USA
umm i hate canada
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6603

CaptainMike wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

devildogfo wrote:

the battle of somme

battle of the bulge

battle of hong kong

dieppe raid

Um, you'd better check up on your history books again there...

We later went on to serve in Korea, other middle eastern countries, and we are still in Afghanistan.

But, we still aren't a big enough fighting force to be put into BF2.
i think being in the middle east isnt one of our greatest feats though...
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

reaper_654 wrote:

umm i hate canada
Your just jealous because we can go around the world without getting spit on.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Awesome, this finally got moved!
Curlycdn
+0|6241
I say no to a canadian army on BF2 because every second game I would be shooting at them. As a former trooper it would not sit right.

R Mills
22nd RCFA

ps I also live in the Repulic of Alberta

Last edited by Curlycdn (2007-03-29 20:12:03)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

Stick to Hockey...You just may win
LOL, i hate hockey, SOCCER is the way to go!
you mean football?
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
also, on the topic of WWII. canadian troops were either in charge, or very involved in the prospecting/surveying of the landing beaches of d-day. lost a lot of men, but it made d-day possible.
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6333
this is gay, like most of the bf2s.com users. bunch of uptight arses.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6404|Alberta, Canada

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

Stick to Hockey...You just may win   eh 
Aye, we kick ass at hockey. One of our two national sports.

The only armies that are ever featured in games is

World War II
-American (Obviously... Most of the games come from here)
-British
-Russian
-German (Although never in SP through how they saw the war. It was the same for them. They were fighting for their country because their leaders told them too.)

Middle East
-American
-The 'always evil Arabic' (Games are biased in American viewpoints because the games are again, made in the US.)

I'd like to see some variety in games coming out. Give the lesser known armies some recognition.
The Canadian forces got barely any knowledge of their operations known. (Did you know that Canada had the highest Soldier:Civilian population ratio in WWII?)
And many armies such as Australia, Hungary, even Finland don't ever get talked about. (I bet many people didn't even know Finland was in WWII.)

Anyways, what I'm saying is, games are always centered around the 'major' combatants.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

World War II
-British
-Russian
-German (Although never in SP through how they saw the war. It was the same for them. They were fighting for their country because their leaders told them too.)

Middle East
-American
-The 'always evil Arabic' (Games are biased in American viewpoints because the games are again, made in the US.)

I'd like to see some variety in games coming out. Give the lesser known armies some recognition.
The Canadian forces got barely any knowledge of their operations known. (Did you know that Canada had the highest Soldier:Civilian population ratio in WWII?)
And many armies such as Australia, Hungary, even Finland don't ever get talked about. (I bet many people didn't even know Finland was in WWII.)

Anyways, what I'm saying is, games are always centered around the 'major' combatants.
Actually, you forgot Poland.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Houli999
+9|6240
Canadians are woosys eh.
im_in_heaven
+27|6589
"Enemy boat spotted EH! "
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6404|Alberta, Canada

Cheez wrote:

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

World War II
-British
-Russian

Middle East
-American

Actually, you forgot Poland.
I didn't say I was going to mention all of the combatants. There's many more.

Houli999 wrote:

Canadians are woosys eh.
Don't be such a hoser eh?
Curtor
+6|6150|Canada
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but..)
Canada has never had to use conscription because there was always enough volunteers.  For every war they have been in.

Billy Bishop?
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6480|Sheffield-England

ELITE-UK wrote:

no
LMFAOOO

+1 my good sir

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard