XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6654|South West England
This calls for the SAS, if politics fail which they have a high chance of doing so from what i've heard
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command
Ronald regan knew how to deal with the Iranian navy.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m … ai_6285405
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
All hail Ronaldus Maximus.  May he rest in peace.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6706|Sweden

XanKrieger wrote:

This calls for the SAS, if politics fail which they have a high chance of doing so from what i've heard
I´m not so sure i would assume the Iranians keeps their prisoners well guarded and most likely even SAS won´t have any huge sucess of freeing them without a convential war.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6363|Columbus, Ohio
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070328/ap_ … eized_iran

This will never end.  Go get your people back.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)
Everyone that's saying we should send the SAS in: Do you want to think about what you're saying for one moment here. You're suggesting we send troops in (which is an act of war) to a country that openly admits to having a nuke program?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6363|Columbus, Ohio

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Everyone that's saying we should send the SAS in: Do you want to think about what you're saying for one moment here. You're suggesting we send troops in (which is an act of war) to a country that openly admits to having a nuke program?
No No.  The nukes are for peaceful power production.
jonsimon
+224|6491

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That's the reason for all the media attention. The US and Blair are asking for war with Iran, and after the Iraq debacle they've decided (for now) not to pull justification out of their ass.
Toxicseagull
+10|6241|York

jonsimon wrote:

The brits boarded an Iranian boat, so they sent their coast gaurd or whatnot to arrest the brits. They were defending their trade and borders.
wrong on several counts.
the merchant ship was under a Indian Flag. it should have been no intrest to the Iranians.
you do not protect your borders from a boarding party on another country's ship in someone else's sea especially when high tensions are already around with said neighbour. 
it can be assumed no Iranian Trade took place, as it was a indian ship as stated. heading for Iraq. so no trade was lost.

may i ask, have you even read the articles?

~edit~ your latest post...
do you not think that "all this media coverage" would happen if 15 soldiers of a country were taken hostage by a rival nation?

Last edited by Toxicseagull (2007-03-28 19:13:51)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6626|Washington, DC

I really hope Mahmoud gets his just desserts if harm comes to the soldiers...
redhawk454
+50|6544|Divided States of America
I would have thought the British had better technology than a garman etrex gps.(sarcasm)

Last edited by redhawk454 (2007-03-28 19:22:23)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK

jonsimon wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

i'm not quite sure i understand Iran's motivation behind this... what do they hope to gain from arresting the sailors?  are they going to try some sort of hostage swap, or are they posturing to the West that they aren't fearful?  i'm afraid i don't get it.
The brits boarded an Iranian boat, so they sent their coast gaurd or whatnot to arrest the brits. They were defending their trade and borders. They may have overstepped their borders, but rules are often bent when it comes to nations an militaries. Whether or not Iran is justified in holding the brits really isnt an issue considering the nations they are dealing with often aren't justified in many of their actions. The focus now should be what next.
It is completely legal even under international law for the British patrol boat to board and search trading vessels in Iraqi Waters, as in effect they are acting as the Iraqi navy for now.

Btw i wasnt aware it was an iranian ship, which tbh is besides the point even if true.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina
If you read the news since Iran captured the 15 British service men, you can feel a war coming.

Blair warns Iran over Navy captives

Iranian military warns U.S. against any attack

What do you think?
Are both sides just barking?
Is there any chance for diplomacy?
Will the US join the UK in a war against Iran?  If so how would this affect the Iraqi situation?
ATG
Banned
War is coming, sadly.

I'd prefer we deal with them before they have nukes.

My sources in the military tell me Pakistan is asking for it to. They refer to the border zone there as Talibanistan.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

I didn't see an option for Bumper Car Happy Summit, so I'm not voting.

ATG wrote:

My sources in the military tell me Pakistan is asking for it to. They refer to the border zone there as Talibanistan.
India: See? We told you very-very much!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-27 05:45:12)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
I really doubt there will be a war, I'm even surprised that people have even brought up the thought of one. Iran is showing its teeth and saying 'Don't fuck with us or we'll fuck with you'. The Brits will aim to come to an amicable agreement whereby the detainees are returned and Iran will then return them.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
Most likely war if Iran keeps this up.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA
The sad part is the people who elected Amadejihad (sp?) in Iran don't support him bucking the UK and the US on everything. The people of Iran are screwed due to thier leader....hmmmm....wait a minute.....naaaaaah.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

I really doubt there will be a war, I'm even surprised that people have even brought up the thought of one. Iran is showing its teeth and saying 'Don't fuck with us or we'll fuck with you'. The Brits will aim to come to an amicable agreement whereby the detainees are returned and Iran will then return them.
Israel destroyed half of Lebanon over 2 kidnapped soldiers.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551

ATG wrote:

War is coming, sadly.

LOL. Why not take on China too????
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

The UK, a government who my own people have suffered had the hands off, have infinitely more intelligence, integrity, compassion and reasoning ability than those animals in Israel.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

The UK, a government who my own people have suffered had the hands off, have infinitely more intelligence, integrity, compassion and reasoning ability than those animals in Israel.
Israel's just trying to fit in.
ATG
Banned

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

War is coming, sadly.

Because they are not rabid, drooling Muslim fanatics?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

War is coming, sadly.

Besides, China is not Iran.  Would you take on China?
herrr_smity
+156|6624|space command ur anus

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

War is coming, sadly.

but they are evil commies

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard