Poll

They steal your home: what would you do?

I would leave in silence3%3% - 4
I would fight them and recover my home49%49% - 57
I would ask the police to evict them39%39% - 46
Other7%7% - 9
Total: 116
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
once the whole revolutionary warfight mindset disappears from the palestinians,  I would support them 100%, till then, go Israel.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6560|Texas - Bigger than France

sergeriver wrote:

Well, you are missing the other option, but I guess I would take things into my own hands coz I'm a bad neighbor.
Good, then we agree that both polls are crap for the same reasons.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Well, you are missing the other option, but I guess I would take things into my own hands coz I'm a bad neighbor.
But my poll starts earlier in time.  So, technically I wasn't a bad neighbor until my neighbor stole my home.
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6314|ohio,USA
hmmmm i would burn down the house
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

But my poll starts earlier in time.  So, technically I wasn't a bad neighbor until my neighbor stole my home.
Ahh, but you added the bad neighbor part, and this is a completely different poll.  I specifically said that no other information or interjection was allowed.

You get my point.  Oversimplification.  Changing the components in order to get the result you are looking for.  Attempting to control the answer.  Omitting major issues that could actually impact a person's answer choice.

This is why I asked you if I had free will.  I was not referring to the free will of the person who is involved in your poor analogy.

You are specifically asking to lay everything that's ever happened aside for a specific issue.  Like isolating a man smacking his dog with a newspaper "for apparently no reason".  What led up to the dog getting smacked?  So I produced a mirror of your logic, where we are not allowed the benefit of knowing why the dog got smacked.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Ahh, but you added the bad neighbor part, and this is a completely different poll.  I specifically said that no other information or interjection was allowed.

You get my point.  Oversimplification.  Changing the components in order to get the result you are looking for.  Attempting to control the answer.  Omitting major issues that could actually impact a person's answer choice.

This is why I asked you if I had free will.  I was not referring to the free will of the person who is involved in your poor analogy.

You are specifically asking to lay everything that's ever happened aside for a specific issue.  Like isolating a man smacking his dog with a newspaper "for apparently no reason".  What led up to the dog getting smacked?  So I produced a mirror of your logic, where we are not allowed the benefit of knowing why the dog got smacked.
And why did the dog get smacked?
Pug
Ignorance is bliss I guess.  Let's continue to pick sides and focus on the past.  After all, it's been an overwhelming success so far.
san4
The Mas
+311|6706|NYC, a place to live

Bertster7 wrote:

san4 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

He was fired without justification, but you didn't fire him.  And FYI the same company that fired him, fired my ancestors.
The point isn't the justification of the firing, the point is that the nature and persistence of the series of incidents that brought the neighbor back has a huge impact on how the question should be answered. "He was fired" minimizes both the nature and persistence.
How is that in any way relevant. It makes no difference what hardships your neighbour has been through, they may come into play when he is being tried after being arrested, but they would not be of any interest to me.
Key phrase: "hardships [he] has been through". The "hardships" aren't just in the past, and the "hardships" include being murdered. If your neighbor is being chased by people who want to kill him for no good reason, it's a very different situation--legally and morally--if he takes your house to defend himself.
']['error
Banned
+630|6662|The Netherlands
buttsechs him?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Pug wrote:

Ignorance is bliss I guess.  Let's continue to pick sides and focus on the past.  After all, it's been an overwhelming success so far.
Ignorance is the main reason of conflict.  You need to focus on the past in order to avoid repeating it.  Forgetting the past has been an overwhelming success so far.
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Ignorance is the main reason of conflict.  You need to focus on the past in order to avoid repeating it.  Forgetting the past has been an overwhelming success so far.
Both sides are hardlined.  Its time to look beyond the past.

BTW, didn't we just do this last week.  Use the search button.
jonsimon
+224|6513

sergeriver wrote:

You had a neighbor who left his home a few years ago.  He got a good job and moved to another city.  But he was fired.  Now he is back and there's a Pakistani restaurant where his house used to be.  So he decides to settle in your home while you were at work because he likes that block.  He changes the keys, but he lets you stay in the backyard. 
What would you do?
Sue his ass off.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Forgetting cannot be done without forgiving (see Chile). It hasn't worked there, it wont work in Palestine.

-konfusion
Pug
Exactly
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

Pug wrote:

Exactly
But I doubt you can forgive someone if they build a wall around you, and if the whole world pretends its your fault that it's happening to you...

-konfusion
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Last week is the past.
Pug
Exactly again Konfusion

Last edited by Pug (2007-03-28 14:50:35)

Pug

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Last week is the past.
So your purpose is to argue as much as possible and to bait people instead of trying to build a bridge between the gulf.  I'm already on the bridge.  You are not.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

Call the police. If that doesn't work, I'll get him out by negotiation. If that doesn't work, he's out by force.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Last week is the past.
So your purpose is to argue as much as possible and to bait people instead of trying to build a bridge between the gulf.  I'm already on the bridge.  You are not.
I want to be on the bridge, but the bad neighbor doesn't want me there.  You are taking this issue personal, and I'm not against you, I just have a different view.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-03-28 14:58:08)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command
Two words:

Scorned Earth
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Last week is the past.
I want to be on the bridge, but the bad neighbor doesn't want me there.
Stick to the hard line stance then and continue arguing fruitlessly in order to generate more violence.

Continue arguing and widen the gulf between the two sides.  Generate more violence.

Suit yourself.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

Pug wrote:

Exactly again Konfusion
Just to make sure: I was talking about Palestine.

-konfusion
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

I want to be on the bridge, but the bad neighbor doesn't want me there.
Stick to the hard line stance then and continue arguing fruitlessly in order to generate more violence.

Continue arguing and widen the gulf between the two sides.  Generate more violence.

Suit yourself.
I generate violence in a games forum?  Israel and Palestine won't deal coz of my viewpoint?  I don't think so.  I hope they sort things out some day, but allow me to express my opinion.  I don't like extremists from both sides.  So, don't tell me a hardliner.
Pug
Konfusion:
I knew you were.  Either both sides are damned or both are not in my book.

Last edited by Pug (2007-03-28 15:05:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard