I was raised by animals18%18% - 13
I want to fit in8%8% - 6
I can't tell the difference anyway (see #2)2%2% - 2
it's so much effort to type58%58% - 42
Total: 72
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6401|USA, MICHIGAN
hell, sometimes have no idea what people are typing.  i'm clueless to "leet speak".  i know it's because of my age, but damn i'm only 32 (almost 33) can the english language be that screwed??  i once asked someone what 1337 was, the response i received was something like "omfg what are u a noob?"  my response was "no i'm just older and educated"  man, did that piss him off.  abbreviations are o.k. but damn use the correct ones!!  that's just my opinion, and an opinion is like an asshole, everyone has them.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6722|England. Stoke
The sad thing is in a poll criticizing peoples spelling he spells the word dumb wrong in the title...
weamo8
+50|6455|USA

hate&discontent wrote:

hell, sometimes have no idea what people are typing.  i'm clueless to "leet speak".  i know it's because of my age, but damn i'm only 32 (almost 33) can the english language be that screwed??  i once asked someone what 1337 was, the response i received was something like "omfg what are u a noob?"  my response was "no i'm just older and educated"  man, did that piss him off.  abbreviations are o.k. but damn use the correct ones!!  that's just my opinion, and an opinion is like an asshole, everyone has them.
I still dont know what rolf means.  I seems to have something to do with laughing.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6481

weamo8 wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

I still dont know what rolf means.  I seems to have something to do with laughing.
rolling on laughing floor?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Volatile
+252|6717|Sextupling in Empire

weamo8 wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

Internet acronyms dictionary
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666

coke wrote:

The sad thing is in a poll criticizing peoples spelling he spells the word dumb wrong in the title...
no, the sad thing is that you don't even realise the difference between "your" and "you're", and therefore only recognised one out of two incorrect bits of grammar, not to mention COMPLETELY missing the sarcasm.

www.urbandictionary.com (sarcasm and irony, look them up)
www.google.com (find some education)
www.wikipedia.org (get some general knowledge)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6745|St. Andrews / Oslo

SargeV1.4 wrote:

coke wrote:

no, the sad thing is that you don't even realise the difference between "your" and "you're", and therefore only recognised one out of two incorrect bits of grammar, not to mention COMPLETELY missing the sarcasm.

lolpwnt.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6787
Where's the, "I use proper grammar and spell correctly," option? =/
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6668|Cambridge, England

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I splel jsut fien, is't my tpying taht sukcs.
The tinhg is taht eevn thuogh you seplt it wonrg its sitll esay to raed.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)
Dyslexia.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6704|Devon, England
I used to talk like a kid...

But then I saw the error of my ways (I also noticed when typing essays that I was typing in short. I thought that I'd best start typing normally now to prevent it form happening again )...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6722|England. Stoke

SargeV1.4 wrote:

coke wrote:

Touche
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6451|King Of The Islands

Fact: If someone from a non-English speaking country can spell better than you, you should read a dictionary.

Oh, and it turns out the zebra did it.

Also, it takes longer for me to misspell words (shorthand or otherwise), because I did that school thing, so its been engrained in my psyche to spell properly.

Public schools ftw!

Last edited by Cheez (2007-03-28 18:37:53)

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6643|Washington, DC

I can't stand shorthand typing.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6455|SoCal

hate&discontent wrote:

i once asked someone what 1337 was, the response i received was something like "omfg what are u a noob?"

Since:  1 + 3 + 3 +7 = 14

Then:  Anyone who uses "1337" is 14.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Jello.01
+46|6621|DFW, Texas

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

rolling on a laughing floor?
Yes! Lolz. I can spell fine.Grammar is not ubiquitous on teh Interwebz. Rolf.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6378|California
rawr rawr rawr!
san4
The Mas
+311|6701|NYC, a place to live
Sarge,
I agree with your OP in this thread that spelling and using apostrophes correctly are really important. Everyone should be more careful when they write stuff even if it is just for an internet post.

Also, I love your dogfighting guide. The fly-by camera, break reversals, and spamming missiles have totally changed the way I fly. Honestly, it is probably the best guide I've read. Somewhat less honestly, one of my favorite passages is this one:
https://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4169/part1zx8apostpa4.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666
haha, when you want to get an entire guide done quickly you don't spend that much time on grammar. especially as its not something I've been taught (lived in holland all my life)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Raphi
Banned
+354|6271|Basel, Switzerland

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I splel jsut fien, is't my tpying taht sukcs.
lmao lol
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6779|UK
I can spell well. I occasionally make mistakes but I do type incredibly fast.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6499|Melbourne

Null Vote.

Dyslexic, the pros thought i would fail year 9, and i made it to year 11 (i passed).  At which i got a Job.

Last edited by R3v4n (2007-04-03 00:24:29)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6397|San Jose CA.
*Null Vote*

I type to fast an I don't preread before I post it....
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6751|The Hague, Netherlands

R3v4n wrote:

Null Vote.

Dyslexic, the pros thought i would fail year 9, and i made it to year 11 (i passed).  At which i got a Job.
Dyslexic myself,

well it's a lot better now these days, but sometimes I screw up, in those situations the spell checker is my friend
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6499|Melbourne

Yep!

I love firefox's Built in Spell checker.  But it is kinda stupid some times.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard