FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6454

CrazeD wrote:

.223 is a very small caliber round, not overkill at all.

.22 won't drop small game dead in its tracks. .22 hollow point doesn't even kill a lil squirrel with one shot (unless you pwn it in the face, which proves difficult on such critters).
Yeah, most people don't realize that .223 isn't that impressive.  The bullet is essentially the same caliber as .22.   If I shot jacks with .22, they'd just run away injured, and die in agony hours later.  At least w/ .223,  you have some kinetic energy behind it.  I spose I could use my .44 mag lever gun, but that would REALLY be overkill......though using a lever gun would be damn fun when they start running.

KiL

PS-  I still get a kick out of people that think I get my ass kicked, and therefore must take it out on innocent little bunnies.  It's fun, it's legal, get over it.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6454

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

considered by who?,
The law.

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

i bet he gets beaten constantly at school/job and this is his only way to feel manly.
I'm a dentist.  People are afraid of ME.

KiL
bob9f6
+11|5990|A sea above the map of Tassie
I reckon a 22 LR, 22 Mag, .17 HMR are more than efficient for downing rabbits. Though i will agree they will not always ensure a kill, 85% of the time they drop though. But in OZ no automatics alowed, so most shots are pretty dialed in before u pull the trigger (no spraying).

.223 are overkill for rabbits because of noise, excessive recoil for target size, and cost.

But just as fun

Last edited by bob9f6 (2008-09-06 03:05:57)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

This is such a fun thread to watch. Almost like Jerry Springer.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6454

Ultrafunkula wrote:

OH NO YOU DI-INT!!!!

KiL
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
i love this thread
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Same, I wish I had a proper rifle.
Ultrafunkula

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

OH NO YOU DI-INT!!!!

KiL
Hehe. It's fun to watch you trying explaining common sense to people who basically put fingers in their eyes and ears and go I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WROOOOONG LALALALALALALA I CAAAN'T HEEEAAAAR YOOOOUUUUUUU. Their outbursts are extremely funny. Zomgwaffelkopteromglolhomo youkillanimals furisredrum gunaddictdiefaggit!!!1two This was just an example, not an actual quote made by anyone, so anyone inhaling peas in their noses because of this can go hug a tree

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-09-06 10:05:28)

i g
Banned
+876|5865|GA

god damn hippies
Ultrafunkula

jord wrote:

I wish I had a permit and a gun. The missus is so damn scared of guns so I'm probably never gonna get one. But I don't mind. I've had my share of shooting range with an assault rifle.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Ultrafunkula wrote:

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

OH NO YOU DI-INT!!!!

KiL
Hehe. It's fun to watch you trying explaining common sense to people who basically put fingers in their eyes and ears and go I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WROOOOONG LALALALALALALA I CAAAN'T HEEEAAAAR YOOOOUUUUUUU. Their outbursts are extremely funny. Zomgwaffelkopteromglolhomo youkillanimals furisredrum gunaddictdiefaggit!!!1two This was just an example, not an actual quote made by anyone, so anyone inhaling peas in their noses because of this can go hug a tree
which is why i love this thread

Ultrafunkula wrote:

jord wrote:

I wish I had a permit and a gun. The missus is so damn scared of guns so I'm probably never gonna get one. But I don't mind. I've had my share of shooting range with an assault rifle.
why is she?
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|6001
shooting rabbits 4 tha lulz?

do you feel tough now?
Ultrafunkula

krazed wrote:

why is she?
I dunno. She just don't like guns. Never actually asked about it.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Ultrafunkula wrote:

krazed wrote:

why is she?
ah, my mother seems to be under the impression that they randomly explode and kill people. she won't even come into the room while i'm cleaning any of them 

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

do you feel tough now?
yes
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

krazed wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

krazed wrote:

why is she?
ah, my mother seems to be under the impression that they randomly explode and kill people. she won't even come into the room while i'm cleaning any of them 

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

do you feel tough now?
yes
Did you try the, "Guns don't kill people ... people kill people" phrase?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
yes

i got "but you never know! it might missfire!"

*sigh* yes my 1917 enfield is going to go off by itself... empty and with the bolt taken out

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard