Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

lowing wrote:

LOL, yes by all means do not talk about WHY this video is wrong, or god forbid, post a rebuttal, just dismiss it as such and beat your chests and pat each others asses with a successful campaign of dousing yet another anti-liberal thread with bravado instead of intellect.
If I were to claim that all conservatives hate black people and support fascism, would you necessarily need to rebuke my claims, or could you not laugh with your fellow conservatives at how ridiculous it was?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Drakef wrote:

lowing wrote:

LOL, yes by all means do not talk about WHY this video is wrong, or god forbid, post a rebuttal, just dismiss it as such and beat your chests and pat each others asses with a successful campaign of dousing yet another anti-liberal thread with bravado instead of intellect.
If I were to claim that all conservatives hate black people and support fascism, would you necessarily need to rebuke my claims, or could you not laugh with your fellow conservatives at how ridiculous it was?
unfortunatly you can not make such a claim and stay in the realms of reality. Conservatives do not hate "black people". Conservatives hate, lazy, people who don't pull their own wieght in society and rely on them ( the conservatives) for their free ride.

You are not suggesting that I just described black people are you?? and if so, how and why??
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center

lowing wrote:

Drakef wrote:

lowing wrote:

unfortunatly you can not make such a claim and stay in the realms of reality. Conservatives do not hate "black people". Conservatives hate, lazy, people who don't pull their own wieght in society and rely on them ( the conservatives) for their free ride.

You are not suggesting that I just described black people are you?? and if so, how and why??
So by the same logic (or lack thereof), could you not make the same argument, but replace "conservatives" with "liberals" and "black people" with "America"?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Drakef wrote:

So by the same logic (or lack thereof), could you not make the same argument, but replace "conservatives" with "liberals" and "black people" with "America"?
Sure lets try it: list some of the ways liberals plan on combating terrorism.

How about listing some ways liberals support a strong military and by doing so a strong defense. Which of course you can only have if you want to actually defend America.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

How about listing some ways liberals support a strong military and by doing so a strong defense. Which of course you can only have if you want to actually defend America.
Good point.  Liberals aren't true Americans.  They should all either be exterminated or exiled.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

lowing wrote:

Drakef wrote:

lowing wrote:

See, you have the EXACT same mentality that we have. That it is not "in the realms of reality". You do not like people claiming that. You defend yourself. We do the same.

So why insist on agreeing with the ridiculous video? Why insist on continuous claims that liberals hate America, love terrorists, or whatever crap this video has said?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Good point.  Liberals aren't true Americans.  They should all either be exterminated or exiled.
Nope never said that, I do think however you should at least defend the country that defends you.

Now, instead of saecasm, how about listing those ways I mentioned
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Here's a thought: the fact that someone doesn't support a strong military doesn't mean that they want their country to lose.  There can be numerous other reasons.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Here's a thought: the fact that someone doesn't support a strong military doesn't mean that they want their country to lose.  There can be numerous other reasons.
Sorry bubbalo, if you do not support a strong military, IE defend your country in this era. The outcome is obvious and assured. rational thinking can not come to an alternative result.

either way < iguess I won't be seeing that list of liberal combat tactics anytime soon.

Last edited by lowing (2007-03-28 21:31:25)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
On a side note. . . .

I didnt know liberals really think?? I thought they yelled and screamed and just acted out!! You know the mantra "No blood for oil", "Halliburton" "Al Gore is the prophet of Global Warming" blah blah blah

If you dont believe what they believe, your wrong. . . .there is no arguing with them cause they have already made up their mind. . . .

I got into an argument with my girlfriend last night.  She was blabbing on about universal health care blah blah blah blah blah. . . .when I asked her who was going to PAY for everyones health care, she got mad and said I was not compassionate and insensitive.  Universal health care is a nice idea in theory, and has worked for some countries in Europe, but for the USA with 300,000,000 million + people?? Lets get real. . . .

Who in their right mind thinks that, that (socialized medicine) won't bankrupt our country?? Honestly, who the fuck is going to pay for that?? Granted our medical care system is broken, but broken because insurance companies fuck us!! Imagine if the government was in control of health care in the USA?? Oh mama we would be skrewed!!

And to think people think health care is broken now. . . .wait till the Democrats get a hold of it (socialized medicine yowza!!) Hey, its coming down the pike if Billery or Da Bama gets elected in 08'!!!!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-28 21:32:52)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope never said that, I do think however you should at least defend the country that defends you.

A strong military and strong defense isn't achieved by being overly offensive.  And although I've seriously considered joining the Air Force, I wouldn't now.  I couldn't fight in a war I don't believe in.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Many nations currently use their military as a first resort when diplomatic solutions have, historically, proved to often be much more effective.  Do you honestly think the Australian army is the reason Indonesia isn't trying to invade?  No, it's the fact that we help them train their military and police.  They consider us buddies.

You probably won't be seeing a list any time soon, but at least ours won't include throwing grenades into random houses and alienating the populace.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

A strong military and strong defense isn't achieved by being overly offensive.  And although I've seriously considered joining the Air Force, I wouldn't now.  I couldn't fight in a war I don't believe in.
You know the Air Force goes to Afghanistan right?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

fadedsteve wrote:

On a side note. . . .

I didnt know liberals really think?? I thought they yelled and screamed and just acted out!! You know the mantra "No blood for oil", "Halliburton" "Al Gore is the prophet of Global Warming" blah blah blah

If you dont believe what they believe, your wrong. . . .there is no arguing with them cause they have already made up their mind. . . .

I got into an argument with my girlfriend last night.  She was blabbing on about universal health care blah blah blah blah blah. . . .when I asked her who was going to PAY for everyones health care, she got mad and said I was not compassionate and insensitive.  Universal health care is a nice idea in theory, and has worked for some countries in Europe, but for the USA with 300,000,000 million + people?? Lets get real. . . .

Who in their right mind thinks that, that (socialized medicine) won't bankrupt our country?? Honestly, who the fuck is going to pay for that?? Granted our medical care system is broken, but broken because insurance companies fuck us!! Imagine if the government was in control of health care in the USA?? Oh mama we would be skrewed!!

And to think people think health care is broken now. . . .wait till the Democrats get a hold of it (socialized medicine yowza!!) Hey, its coming down the pike if Billery or Da Bama gets elected in 08'!!!!
It'd be much easier to pay for health care if we weren't spending billions of dollars on a "war".
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

usmarine2007 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

You know the Air Force goes to Afghanistan right?
No they don't.  They only go to Iraq.  Don't lie to me.

...seriously though, if I enlisted, I wouldn't get to choose where I would be deployed to regardless.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
I loved it. He did bring up some good points that I didn't see.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Only a liberal would consider being on the offensive in a war a bad thing. Yer right, please stay out of any job career that would have you in a position to make decisions for our nations defense.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Only a liberal would consider being on the offensive in a war a bad thing. Yer right, please stay out of any job career that would have you in a position to make decisions for our nations defense.
I've heard of selective hearing...but selective reading?  That's a new one.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Many nations currently use their military as a first resort when diplomatic solutions have, historically, proved to often be much more effective.  Do you honestly think the Australian army is the reason Indonesia isn't trying to invade?  No, it's the fact that we help them train their military and police.  They consider us buddies.

You probably won't be seeing a list any time soon, but at least ours won't include throwing grenades into random houses and alienating the populace.
War is hell, civilians die in it, Is their another country on earth that devotes as much R and D into keeping civilian deaths as low as possible when operations are underway??
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I've heard of selective hearing...but selective reading?  That's a new one.
Oh did I forget "overly"............Ok let me add it. Only a liberal would consider being "overly" offensive which could mean decisive, a bad thing during a war.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Iraq is a mistake because our leaders were too arrogant and misread intellegence on purpose.  They misread the war completely after major combat operations were through, which turned into a civil war.  I can understand why people are pissed at how the war has been waged. . . .it has been waged poorly, and lack of frequent updates/silence on behalf of the administration has isolated those who initially supported the war (me!). 

However good Saddam/sons deaths may be, we have emboldend our enemies (Iran).  We made a tactical error in spreading our forces too thin, and have yet to bring the real culprits (Bin Laden, Mullah Omar, Zawahiri) of 9/11 to justice.  In my opinion we needed to wrap up Afghanistan first before mettling in Iraq.  I am however not saying our troops died in vain, because Iraq would have needed to have been dealt with at some point.  But when it was found out that Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks on our country, it instantly became a blunder.

Although the war has been a tactical blunder, its NOT worth not joining the military.  Just because you disagree doesnt mean you shouldnt serve your country.  The training you recieve in the USA military is the best in the world, and the opportunities that come as a result of your service are endless.

side note: Socialized Medicine would break our economy PERIOD.  The money we are spending in Iraq is extravagant, but the money we would be spending on socialized medicine would be absurd . . . .It flat out would bankrupt our treasury / create a long lasting stagnant economy.

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-28 21:49:20)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

War is hell, civilians die in it, Is their another country on earth that devotes as much R and D into keeping civilian deaths as low as possible when operations are underway??
No other country needs to.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

fadedsteve wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Iraq is a mistake because our leaders were too arrogant and misread intellegence on purpose.  They misread the war completely after major combat operations were through, which turned into a civil war.  I can understand why people are pissed at how the war has been waged. . . .it has been waged poorly, and lack of frequent updates/silence on behalf of the administration has isolated those who initially supported the war (me!). 

However good Saddam/sons deaths may be, we have emboldend our enemies (Iran).  We made a tactical error in spreading our forces too thin, and have yet to bring the real culprits (Bin Laden, Mullah Omar, Zawahiri) of 9/11 to justice.  In my opinion we needed to wrap up Afghanistan first before mettling in Iraq.  I am however not saying our troops died in vain, because Iraq would have needed to have been dealt with at some point.  But when it was found out that Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks on our country, it instantly became a blunder.

Although the war has been a tactical blunder, its NOT worth not joining the military.  Just because you disagree doesnt mean you shouldnt serve your country.  The training you recieve in the USA military is the best in the world, and the opportunities that come as a result of your service are endless.
please do not encourage him he just might join
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

No other country needs to.
LOL, since when??
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA

lowing wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

please do not encourage him he just might join
lol!! He might disobey an order cause he has a "conscience" about bombing a target that might save American lives. . .
Hence the Robert Frost quote in my sig!!!!! True to liberal form!!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-28 21:51:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard