blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6667
Could not find the whole clip or the whole story line, it was on BBC world news British news. The premise of the story line is that the American planes flies over its allies and drops a bomb on some kuridish soldiers and bbc reporters south of baghdad.

Some British people on youtube were upset that American planes dropped bombs on them and they said it was not an accident that out plane dropped some bombs on their location.

Here are some of their comments

mrstayhi   (2 days ago)
blue on blue again by the americans.this time,on a kurdish peshmurga convoy and bbc travelling south to baghdad with them.
why,do the u.s fuck up like this?mabye we brittish should start shootin back.accidently on purpose.

Iamnotconvinced   (2 days ago)
unfortunely, this isn't the first time, the second time, or even the third time in this war shit like this has happened. Need I remind you of a famous football player that was killed by "friendly fire"? Friendly my ass....

retangleme   (2 days ago)
Sick satanic yanks

Hinka   (2 days ago)
typical americans GUNG HO trigger happy asswipes

krisstruss   (1 day ago)
best army in the world ? stand up iraqi freedom fighters and blow those yank fuckers into oblivion.

There were some other comments some people posted, but did not paste them here.

Here is the video of it: The video is kind of graphic dont watch it if you are under age

What is your reaction? Do you think they are overreacting?

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-27 10:31:21)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command
War is hell.
I'm not going to judge them.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6667

ATG wrote:

War is hell.
I'm not going to judge them.
well said
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666
it was the brits fault that they got bombed. they laced themseleves up as the target.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6543|Istanbul-Turkey
why you blame snipers in Iraq then? your soldiers showed theirself as a target.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command

Ottomania wrote:

why you blame snipers in Iraq then? your soldiers showed theirself as a target.
It's called sarcasm
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA
I think it was ordered by Bush to "take out" the liberal media. There you go. In a nutshell.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6485|Tyne & Wear, England
I remember studying this in Media Studies a couple of years ago when I was doing A-Levels.  I saw the full version, pretty shocking to be honest.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6370|Belfast
are those american soliders
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

henno13 wrote:

are those american soliders
If you are referring to the pilots then, yes.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6496|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I think the american army really, really REALLY needs to study its enemy and who and what it looks like because this is just fucking amazing, and even if the enemy looks like friendlys then at least do a low fly-by to check them out first.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6788|UK
"unfortunely, this isn't the first time, the second time, or even the third time in this war shit like this has happened" that comment i completely agree with.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio

Vilham wrote:

"unfortunely, this isn't the first time, the second time, or even the third time in this war shit like this has happened" that comment i completely agree with.
Won't be the last and wasn't the first, for any country, as long as war exists.
jord
+2,382|6700|The North, beyond the wall.

ELITE-UK wrote:

I think the american army really, really REALLY needs to study its enemy and who and what it looks like because this is just fucking amazing, and even if the enemy looks like friendlys then at least do a low fly-by to check them out first.
If they did a low fly by then by the time they have turned around wouldn't the enemy be somewhere else?

I don't know about you but if i saw a Jet that was after bombing me fly past i'd be straight out of my car and half a mile down the road when the bombs land.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
The following news article is from the Guardian suggesting that if the US followed the same protocol as the UK, such incidents would not happen.  Their words, not mine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2032055,00.html
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio
Oh wait a minute.  Is this the one that has the cockpit video?  If so, the British FAC fucked up also.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-03-27 10:42:42)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6667

jord wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

If they did a low fly by then by the time they have turned around wouldn't the enemy be somewhere else?

I don't know about you but if i saw a Jet that was after bombing me fly past i'd be straight out of my car and half a mile down the road when the bombs land.
yeah thats what those reporters did they (took off) thought that the plane was gonna come back again and finish them off, since it was circling around the area, where it dropped the bomb.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Do we think the suicide bomber didn't know of the likelihood of civilian/friendly casualties?

Responding to Al Jazeera's discovery of the footage, a spokesman for the US contingent within the international force insisted US troops acted in self-defence.

"We regret the loss of life of the Afghan civilians, but coalition forces were attacked by both a suicide bomb vehicle and small arms fire.

"Our forces returned fire in self-defence against numerous enemy positions," said Lieutenant Colonel David Accetta, coalition forces spokesman.

"We don't train or order our troops to fire on unarmed civilians, and it's uncertain at this time what caused the casualties.

"But it's important to note that the extremists conducted this attack in an area that they knew would cause civilian casualties," he said.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-27 10:43:48)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio
Wait a second here.

Listen to the first sentence in the vid.  "The Kurds look for the Iraqi tanks."

Now WTF are kurds doing in Afghanistan looking for Iraqi tanks?

And spell American right next time.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-03-27 10:48:30)

samfink
+31|6577
actuyally, given they need authoristaion fromn a controller on the ground to open fire on ground units, then this could be ANOTHER breach of regulations. you know what the major cause of these incidents is? american pilots mis-identifying their location.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio

samfink wrote:

actuyally, given they need authoristaion fromn a controller on the ground to open fire on ground units, then this could be ANOTHER breach of regulations. you know what the major cause of these incidents is? american pilots mis-identifying their location.
read above.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

samfink wrote:

Source please.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
herrr_smity
+156|6650|space command ur anus
old. anyway i blame the illuminati
Skorpy-chan
+127|6367|Twyford, UK
Eh, shooting at the BBC seems to be a pastime for half the world. America's jumping on the bandwagon.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6389|Columbus, Ohio
Now WTF are kurds doing in Afghanistan looking for Iraqi tanks???????????????????????????????????????

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard