shadowkila
+26|6410|Canada

Turquoise wrote:

shadowkila wrote:

How could you guys even try to defend this, those cars came from nowhere and these fuckers killed them and then laughed about it..WTF!
I know what you're saying, but honestly, I think I'd have been even less restrained if I had been in that situation.  This is why I'd probably make a shitty soldier.  I would imagine that the heat and anger experienced during a shootout would be difficult to control at times, and everyone has their breaking point.

The clip doesn't give us much to go on.  Assuming the people in the white car were innocent, the ramifications aren't good, but I can't say that I can judge these guys for what they did if they were in the middle of a firefight....

Ask yourself how you would act in the heat of battle.  How disciplined are you?
I see your point but i know i wouldn't be laughing about it afterwards.I know shit things happen in war but show some human dignity,some compassion.

Last edited by shadowkila (2007-03-26 19:41:06)

dark110
+37|6622|Chicagoland
why do people post this kind of shit? get the camra out of the god damn war and leave it be.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
Look whatever the video shows, be it something of nothing, group of insurgents getting shot or some civilians getting killed.

The Video does not show our forces in a good light now does it.

I can really see this video being posted on extremist recruitment web sites, even if its something of nothing.

Also I agree on what people have said about getting excited when in combat, just think they should have been a bit more Professional in combat.

Please please I am not getting at the Marine core in anyway and yes they are different to British forces in how they act and work, all I am saying this Video looks bad and I'm sure will be treated this way on the net.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

shadowkila wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

shadowkila wrote:

How could you guys even try to defend this, those cars came from nowhere and these fuckers killed them and then laughed about it..WTF!
I know what you're saying, but honestly, I think I'd have been even less restrained if I had been in that situation.  This is why I'd probably make a shitty soldier.  I would imagine that the heat and anger experienced during a shootout would be difficult to control at times, and everyone has their breaking point.

The clip doesn't give us much to go on.  Assuming the people in the white car were innocent, the ramifications aren't good, but I can't say that I can judge these guys for what they did if they were in the middle of a firefight....

I see your point but i know i wouldn't be laughing about it afterwards.
well thats you - maybe you would scanning the lines for anymore enemys, maybe you would be slumped in the corner sucking on your camelback or maybe you would be excitied and laughing bc you have all this rush and no one on your team is getting med-a-vacted out of there
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

shadowkila wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

shadowkila wrote:

I see your point but i know i wouldn't be laughing about it afterwards.
It's probably a defense mechanism.  I know it's just fictional, but it reminds me of scenes from Full Metal Jacket and Jarhead.  I would doubt that morale would remain very high if soldiers just cried after killing people (civilian or otherwise).

Like it or not, civilians die in war.  In many cases, it's safer to be a soldier than a civilian.

I guess I've just grown too cynical to be concerned much if they laugh after something like this.  Besides, the hurt is often something that remains inside.  We put up walls with things like laughter to hide the pain inside.  That goes for more than just combat scenarios....
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6487|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

shadowkila wrote:

Have you ever been shot at? When you have lead coming at you the worst things seem funny. I had a captured taxi in our firm base that had the trunk cut out for planting IEDs, also every time a car is shot at in Iraq (by Americans) their is an investigation into it seeing if it was warrented. So don't get all huffy, unless you have been their done that.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

dark110 wrote:

why do people post this kind of shit? get the camra out of the god damn war and leave it be.
EXACTLY - 100% correct on that, from news cameras to indiviuals handy cams and digital camers they all to leave them state side
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6459|behind my rifle

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I dont know who was in that building but if he's in there he aint happy.
id ssay. the mormons have a new way to sell there bibles.
but on track now, im not going to blame the marines for what happened, what if the guy in the car had been a insurgent? my regards are to those service men and women over there.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
That would've made Abu Ghraib easier......................unless you were an inmate, of course..................
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6706
I saw the whole video a few months ago, although I cannot recall where.  All I have to say is that you are an idiot if you believe that the whole story is some soldiers killing civilians and laughing about it, and that you gave this thread a very derisive title.  I hate the way people expect that the soldiers must be doing something wrong and not the stupid civilians.  What happened is that there were some insurgents that were hiding in the building and they were exchanging fire with the soldiers.  Some idiot civilians show up and drive right through.  I find it hard to believe they are even civilians.  What kind of civilian would drive through a firefight and park?  If you knew that there were insurgents hiding in a building and some car pulled up with no regard to their own safety, wouldn’t you shoot at it?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

shadowkilar wrote:

but show some human dignity,some compassion.
that is a big no no, if you ever get into fire fight you will understand what I mean, you show compassion during a fire fight then you are in trouble bc you could second guess yourself and then something bad and serious could happen
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280

SgtHeihn wrote:

Have you ever been shot at? When you have lead coming at you the worst things seem funny. I had a captured taxi in our firm base that had the trunk cut out for planting IEDs, also every time a car is shot at in Iraq (by Americans) their is an investigation into it seeing if it was warrented. So don't get all huffy, unless you have been their done that.
Expecting the military to investigate itself and find wrongdoing is like expecting the cops to do the same. And since the actions of our military reflect on the rest of us back here in the US whether we like it or not, we have a right to get "huffy" when there's a possibility that soldiers are engaging in that kind of shit.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

SEREMAKER wrote:

shadowkilar wrote:

but show some human dignity,some compassion.
that is a big no no, if you ever get into fire fight you will understand what I mean, you show compassion during a fire fight then you are in trouble bc you could second guess yourself and then something bad and serious could happen
Amen, It's life or death, you freezing could meen death for you or your Marines. Its kinda f@cked up to say, but, Better to get judged by 12 than carried by 6.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Expecting the military to investigate itself and find wrongdoing is like expecting the cops to do the same. And since the actions of our military reflect on the rest of us back here in the US whether we like it or not, we have a right to get "huffy" when there's a possibility that soldiers are engaging in that kind of shit.
Actually the Military doesn't, Civillans do CID, NCIS they do that. Also to keep the US looking good the Government will hang us out to dry, grunts are expendable.

Edit: Look at Haditha, one of my friends might go to jail for the rest of his life for doing what he was trained to do!

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-03-26 19:58:21)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

two quotes from the post:
"American soldiers shooting civilians"
"No unarmed people were hurt during shooting"

?
https://i3.tinypic.com/3ydk9x4.jpg
?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

SgtHeihn wrote:

grunts are expendable
ain't that the fucking truth, they think we are a dime a dozen or something ---- put all this time and moeny into us on training and in a heartbeat they will nail your balls to the wall bc its better you then them {usual bc they have the higher rank}
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

SEREMAKER wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

grunts are expendable
ain't that the fucking truth, they think we are a dime a dozen or something ---- put all this time and moeny into us on training and in a heartbeat they will nail your balls to the wall bc its better you then them {usual bc they have the higher rank}
What's worse is how much more we pay contractors.  I'm amazed how we are able to keep anybody in the military when any one of them could leave to join Blackwater and make several times more money....
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680

sando6152 wrote:

JohnnyKill - How many times have you been to Iraq? I was just wondering since you seem to have made up your simple mind about what goes on there. We(Marines) go around shooting at innocent people all the time there. Maybe your punk ass should go and try to comprehend what actually goes on in combat. I happen to be an 0331 in the United States Marine Corps. That is a machine gunner which you probobly had no idea. I was on the ground during Ramadi and know for certain that we DO NOT shoot any innocent civillians. So maybe there was intel on that house or maybe someone saw shooting from that house? Why are the civillians running twords that house? You're just the typical idiot who has an oppinion on something you know absolutly nothing about.....Semper Fidelis you *%&^.
Your not a bright one are ya? And no , I don't know what a 0331 means. I was Air Defense, US Amry 3/62nd ADA FT.Drum N.Y. Sorry........
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280

SgtHeihn wrote:

Actually the Military doesn't, Civillans do CID, NCIS they do that. Also to keep the US looking good the Government will hang us out to dry, grunts are expendable.
That really is a good thing to keep in mind at all times. We got to see it play out at Abu Grahib(spelling?) too, lower-rank soldiers sacrificed to keep the heat off the higher-ups. I notice that whistleblowers get pretty much the same treatment. Sometimes I wonder what honor's worth anymore.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio
Not sure about the civilians part, since the insurgents do not dress in uniform or drive military vehicles.  Seems like they had some kind of "L" shaped ambush and this squad was where they wanted the bad people to get sucked in to.

Some of you have some pretty weird comments.  If the video was named "Marines Pwn Insurgents," I bet some of you would have different responses.  Stop being sheep.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

two quotes from the post:
"American soldiers shooting civilians"
"No unarmed people were hurt during shooting"

?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

shadowkila wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

shadowkila wrote:

I see your point but i know i wouldn't be laughing about it afterwards.I know shit things happen in war but show some human dignity,some compassion.
well thats how certain people act here in America maybe things are different in Canada.
FecalSpray
+1|6636
This video is nothing compared to some fuck cutting off a mans head and holding it in front of a camera.  Should they hold each other and cry after a firefight?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

shadowkila wrote:

That is fucking horrible that these cocksuckers would laugh about it at the end!Disgusting.They'll get what they deserve
Read the end of the video. You weren't there, so you wouldn't know.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire
Wooooooo, Spring Break dude! This will win the Iraqi's hearts and minds.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard