jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6675
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZCGhd8jnU

OK before you watch the vid there a few things to consider.

1) Fist off I'd like to say that I believe a longer version of this video exists out there on the net.
    Someone got offended by it and cut a shorter version of the original and labeled it as I labeled this post.
    I mean why would the soldiers doing the shooting label the video like that?

2) Worthy to mention that you can hear them talk about sniper fire. So it's safe to assume they were in some
    Type of combat.

3) We don't have any clue what happened before and after this footage. If someone can track down the
    full length video post it please.

4) Many may think that these are civilians being killed without a dout. But we really can't know for sure.
    I've seen too many videos of Iraqi Insurgents, Mahdi Army and everything in between dressed as civilians driving in civilian cars. Here is one example:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_xDhKOiBM

Discuss.

Last edited by jonnykill (2007-03-26 18:44:55)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6400|North Carolina
As you said, it probably involved a sniper and some incognito terrorists.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6488|Connecticut
I dont know who was in that building but if he's in there he aint happy.
Malloy must go
RyansRangers
+2|6526
Why dont u just change this post name to a shootout, instead of trying to start drama!?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

speaks for it self at the end

OORAH
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York
He even says they were being shot by a sniper! Or what is that not an excuse? Yeah just let 'em die.

Typical.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6675

RyansRangers wrote:

Why dont u just change this post name to a shootout, instead of trying to start drama!?
Because it was from another forum I go to once in a while and it was nothing but " These are F@%$#ing civillians and if you can't see that YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!@#$%$&$**^#^" post after post, back and forth. So I'd thought I'd just cut through the bullshit and post it this way. To see the difference between THAT forum and this one. I wanted to see the difference of posts as a , well I don't know how to put it really. I have my feelings about this video and believe I'm right and thought through everything rationally. But 90% of the posters were against me. Know what I mean? I need another source. That's all.
Turquoise
O Canada
Out of curiosity, what was the forum?  I'd like to harass a few people... 
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6735
Not exactly going to win hearts and mind that video now is it.

Not a great Idea to be acting like that, might as well hand that video to the insurgents to help their propaganda.

Now don't get me wrong it does sound like the Marines were under sniper fire at one point and may have been returning fire.

But that video does seems to show them shooting indiscriminately at civilian cars that were going by.

I can't be one 100% sure what the Video was showing, I can only talk about what it made me think about watching it.

To finish the British had a similar type of video ages ago showing them beating up Iraqi youngsters, it was later proven that the same youngster had been attacking the compound were the British were based earlier, but the video was really damaging to the image of the British forces over there and all I can say is that this video might go the same way, even if it is proven not to be how it made out.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6524|Global Command
I can't say.
Judging JUST from that clip, it seems like the second white car was wrong place wrong time.

I suspect Marines are trained to engage any targets in their line of fire. One thing about insurgents hiding among civilians, all the bad guys have to do is engage American forces with civilians in the cross fire.

No matter how terrorist die Americans lose.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Turquoise wrote:

Out of curiosity, what was the forum?  I'd like to harass a few people... 
yeah you need to post where you found this so we can do a little harrassing

and youtube has such poor quality that you can't make out details
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

ATG wrote:

I suspect Marines are trained to engage any targets in their line of fire. One thing about insurgents hiding among civilians, all the bad guys have to do is engage American forces with civilians in the cross fire.

No matter how terrorist die Americans lose.
We are trained to have controlled rate of fire espically when in Urban combat
Fen321
+54|6493|Singularity
Granted I only have the video to go off and we cannot tell whether people were armed or not via this video -- its pretty safe to assume that nothing can be determined conclusive.

Personally, having never been in combat I'm not even sure if this is a common response by military personal in engagements....do people really get this excited when they kill others? Obviously judging by the video they do, but that reaction seems out of place given the situation that they are under...IMO of course.

If you are taking fire from snipers is it common to return fire towards passing cars?
If that's what's going to be used to justify (from what we see) as the reason to kill the people near , around , coming to that building.
sando6152
+3|6237
JohnnyKill - How many times have you been to Iraq? I was just wondering since you seem to have made up your simple mind about what goes on there. We(Marines) go around shooting at innocent people all the time there. Maybe your punk ass should go and try to comprehend what actually goes on in combat. I happen to be an 0331 in the United States Marine Corps. That is a machine gunner which you probobly had no idea. I was on the ground during Ramadi and know for certain that we DO NOT shoot any innocent civillians. So maybe there was intel on that house or maybe someone saw shooting from that house? Why are the civillians running twords that house? You're just the typical idiot who has an oppinion on something you know absolutly nothing about.....Semper Fidelis you *%&^.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6513|USA
two quotes from the post:
"American soldiers shooting civilians"
"No unarmed people were hurt during shooting"

?
shadowkila
+26|6405|Canada
That is fucking horrible that these cocksuckers would laugh about it at the end!Disgusting.They'll get what they deserve
Turquoise
O Canada

sando6152 wrote:

JohnnyKill - How many times have you been to Iraq? I was just wondering since you seem to have made up your simple mind about what goes on there. We(Marines) go around shooting at innocent people all the time there. Maybe your punk ass should go and try to comprehend what actually goes on in combat. I happen to be an 0331 in the United States Marine Corps. That is a machine gunner which you probobly had no idea. I was on the ground during Ramadi and know for certain that we DO NOT shoot any innocent civillians. So maybe there was intel on that house or maybe someone saw shooting from that house? Why are the civillians running twords that house? You're just the typical idiot who has an oppinion on something you know absolutly nothing about.....Semper Fidelis you *%&^.
Please read further into this thread.  He was defending the soldiers.  He titled this thread to reflect some reactions he got in another forum with this clip.

Essentially, you're preaching to the choir.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6513|USA

shadowkila wrote:

That is fucking horrible that these cocksuckers would laugh about it at the end!Disgusting.They'll get what they deserve
satisfaction?
freedom? - as it "is the sure possession of those alone with the curage to defend it."
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6488|Connecticut

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

two quotes from the post:
"American soldiers shooting civilians"
"No unarmed people were hurt during shooting"

?
My thoughts exactly.
Malloy must go
kkolodsick
+14|6662
I would never presume to judge the actions of soldiers on the ground.  We can watch a snipet of a video and draw conclusions from that but w/out all of the info that those Marines had, none of should say a thing but THANK YOU MARINE.
shadowkila
+26|6405|Canada
How could you guys even try to defend this, those cars came from nowhere and these fuckers killed them and then laughed about it..WTF!
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Fen321 wrote:

Granted I only have the video to go off and we cannot tell whether people were armed or not via this video -- its pretty safe to assume that nothing can be determined conclusive.

Personally, having never been in combat I'm not even sure if this is a common response by military personal in engagements....do people really get this excited when they kill others? Obviously judging by the video they do, but that reaction seems out of place given the situation that they are under...IMO of course.

If you are taking fire from snipers is it common to return fire towards passing cars?
If that's what's going to be used to justify (from what we see) as the reason to kill the people near , around , coming to that building.
I think showcaseing this vid is going to stir some trouble up bc theres alot of WHAT IFS and things we didn't see before the vid started

excitied oh yeah bc you're adriliene is pumping and this is what we trained to do, now ppl the yhave never engaged in combat see it has "killing", its survial - them or us             they have a choice to lay arms act civil, let things calm down then once we think everything is ok and we leave then by all means shoot each other up

the cars they were shooting at could have been something or anything, they could have had 4 guys hanging with AKs spraying and praying but it falls under the WHAT IF section
Fen321
+54|6493|Singularity
Yeah, that's why I'm hard pressed to make any sort of accusation against or for. I can imagine how adrenaline and actually defeating a perceived enemy can stir this sort of reaction -- especially when you get to see it again -- but then again i have a pacifist biase .

Last edited by Fen321 (2007-03-26 19:35:16)

Turquoise
O Canada

shadowkila wrote:

How could you guys even try to defend this, those cars came from nowhere and these fuckers killed them and then laughed about it..WTF!
I know what you're saying, but honestly, I think I'd have been even less restrained if I had been in that situation.  This is why I'd probably make a shitty soldier.  I would imagine that the heat and anger experienced during a shootout would be difficult to control at times, and everyone has their breaking point.

The clip doesn't give us much to go on.  Assuming the people in the white car were innocent, the ramifications aren't good, but I can't say that I can judge these guys for what they did if they were in the middle of a firefight....

Ask yourself how you would act in the heat of battle.  How disciplined are you?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Fen321 wrote:

Yeah, that's why I'm hard pressed to make any sort of accusation against or for. I can imagine how adrenaline and actually defeating a perceived enemy can stir this sort of reaction -- especially when you get to see it again -- but then again i have a pacifist biase .
well this is a reason why they are called "the few" "the proud" but even in all military in general not everyone in the world can stomach the intensity of actual live fire ------ thats why we will lay our lives down for your security

OORAH - USMC 0311,8541

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard