Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6260|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

Spearhead wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Pre-Battle of the Bulge intelligence failure, for one.
Actually there was very little the Allies could've done before the German counterattack.  All of their messages and transmissions were kept very secret up until the eve of the attack.

A better example of Allied intelligence failure would be Operation Market Garden.  Complete failure of intelligence, most blame should go to the Brits for that one.  The Allies completely F'ed up.  Read the book "A Bridge Too Far", it is entirely about how the Allies screwed up the operation.
Or watch the film, It's shorter and there's more pictures!
el capitan
+11|6523
This reply is serious, and applies to the pacific theater.

If the Japenese admiral wasn't so concerned about moving all his ships about in some kind of massive ballet, they would have won almost every battle fought, starting with midway. They did win that, but they won it sloppily. It was a tactical win for the japs, and a strategic win for us. If you research it, you will see what I mean.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Ryan wrote:

Tried to find something like this, but couldn't.

What do you guys think could have been done better in WWII?
Things that could have increased the overall casualty loss, increased the number of battles won, etc.

I guess you could post things from any war as well.
We could have brought the Muslim world to its knees as it appears they deserved.

http://christianactionforisrael.org/ant … bnazi.html

http://stosstruppen39-45.tripod.com/id10.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Islamic-World … p;id=54337

http://thecanadiansentinel.blogspot.com … -them.html

So it would seem that the Muslim hatred of the Jews reaches farther out than the establishment of Israel in 1947( 2 years after WW2), as we are lead to believe. It is apparent that down right intolerance of others and their beliefs is at the root of all this non-sense.  The Muslim world actually allied with Hitler to wipe out the Jews. So much for Israel being the reason for this hatred, it is the Jews that are hated, and persecuted.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6685|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

el capitan wrote:

If the Japenese admiral wasn't so concerned about moving all his ships about in some kind of massive ballet, they would have won almost every battle fought, starting with midway. They did win that, but they won it sloppily. It was a tactical win for the japs, and a strategic win for us. If you research it, you will see what I mean.
Also at Midway it doesn't help that the Japanese recon was horrible at spotting the US Fleet.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6316|New Haven, CT

el capitan wrote:

I believe you mean the battle of Coral Sea, which was that.  The Japan lost less ships than the U.S. did, but was thwarted in their attempt to capture Port Moresby. Midway, on the other hand, saw a massive loss of Japanese ships, which were integral to the overall strategy of the Japanese war effort.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6347

el capitan wrote:

You do relize we were deciphering All the Japanese codes, How could they have won ?
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6515|the Netherlands
Tactics and Good Deployment of Troops & Materials , Better Strategy/Planning , Preventing Casualties , Navy Battles , BOMBING! ,  ...

wiedergutmachen schnitzel anyone ??
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere

Ryan wrote:

Things that could have increased the overall casualty loss, increased the number of battles won, etc.
i hope you mean DECREASED casualty loss?

And on what could have been done better?  Hitler not attacking Stalin, doing something when we spotted the Japanese planes/submarines

i kinda wish that video recording was more available then so we could have more video of like battles and such, but o well
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

genius_man16 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

i hope you mean DECREASED casualty loss?

And on what could have been done better?  Hitler not attacking Stalin, doing something when we spotted the Japanese planes/submarines

i kinda wish that video recording was more available then so we could have more video of like battles and such, but o well
Haha, oops. Yeah, I mean't decrease.

/smash forehead
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6337|Slovenia
Hitler suitcase-bomb assassination could go better ... Damn those massive oak tables!

Last edited by BlAiR_AgaiN (2007-04-01 13:20:35)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6347

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

Hitler suitcase-bomb assassination could go better ... Damn those massive oak tables!
very good point. I read that some one moved it after almost tripping on it.
acEofspadEs6313

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I watched something I believe was on the History Channel that had a hypothetical assassination attempt on Hitler by a team of two snipers. It was a pretty interesting plan.
Smitty5613
+46|6519|Middle of nowhere, California

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I watched something I believe was on the History Channel that had a hypothetical assassination attempt on Hitler by a team of two snipers. It was a pretty interesting plan.
what country? US, Britian, or Russia?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698
HAHA! I thought you meant the Wii!
acEofspadEs6313

Smitty5613 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I can't remember. I think they were British or Americans.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6479|Latvia
I'm currently reading a book from Viktor Suvorov, it's called Icebreaker. The book's about who started the ww2 and if its after Suvorov, the Soviets did, partly. And the facts provided by the book are pretty interesting, e.g. destroying the Stalin defense line, by Stalins order, AFTER the invasion of poland; building loads of tanks only cappable of being used in West Europe; forming an airborne with more than 1 MILLION parachuters; forming a mountain army which was not usable for defense in the west Russian territory; placing the worlds largest army at the borders of Rumania, the oil heart of germany. So to say, sounds like the war was imminent anyways, no matter if Hitler attacked first or not...
PureFodder
+225|6278

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

I can't remember. I think they were British or Americans.
Although that could have lead to a more level headed person ending up in charge and the Axis forces actually doing much better. Not wasting time and resources making dumb stuff like the V1 and V2 bombs. Technically brilliant, but such a massive waste of much needed resources.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard