theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
was playing BF2 yesterday as i do on a daily basis, but this time i was messing aroung with my settings. Noticed that the sound setting were set to low, so i decided to set them to high.

WOW!

joined into a game and was amazed at the difference!

i was just thinking that the sound would be of a better quality, and maybe a bit more surround. but the whole thing has changed!!

your team mates are saying different things to your, the commander/UAV voice is saying different things, i can now hear the bullets wizzing past my head, i can hear team mates shouting "Granade!" in the distance.

Just when i was thinking that maybe i could get bored of the game, something like this happens and now i am wanting to play it even more!!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX
heh I know the feeling. Imagine my surprise and delight when I went from Software Low settings for sound to Hardware High with EAX settings when I got my Audigy 2 ZS just last week.  My first artillery blast that fell on me scared the shit outta me. I had to just smile after that.

Yes the sound is completely different and it's a brand new experience. I love it even more now.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-12-06 03:09:35)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Nukearcher
+0|6741
yea i noticed that too high quality sounds owns
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Really pleased for you guys. A couple of gaming experiances that had the same effect on me:

- Okay so I have the worst crappy computers, "Age of Empires", (The first one,) was the most high-tech game I had ever played. Never played any FPS either except Duke Nuken 3D on my friend's computer.
When BF1942 came out I was so amazed at the whole thing and thought it was so detailed that the first time I shot someone I thought he was just acting. I unloaded three clips into the body and only stopped once it had vanished.

- First time I was artillery striked, (struk, striked, stry-ked?) I physically covered my eyes and hid my head. Pretty embarresing considering I was not at home, but at an iCafe.
Still, those people are too engrossed in their own gaming.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6743
Are you kidding me?  You think BF2 is intense?  CoD2 is CRAZY.  I find myself ducking my head when I get shot at, and... just WOW.  CoD2 is SO intense...

Yeah, BF2 has it's moments.  Like when you're prone, and you see a grenade roll up to you.  You know you can't do anything, I usually just lay there and look at it... thinking "Well, fuck, this fucking suc-" BOOM!
Also, Artillery is an astounding sound effect.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center

RedFiercare wrote:

Are you kidding me?  You think BF2 is intense?  CoD2 is CRAZY.  I find myself ducking my head when I get shot at, and... just WOW.  CoD2 is SO intense...

Yeah, BF2 has it's moments.  Like when you're prone, and you see a grenade roll up to you.  You know you can't do anything, I usually just lay there and look at it... thinking "Well, fuck, this fucking suc-" BOOM!
Also, Artillery is an astounding sound effect.
ditto about that grenade.  ive gotten pretty good with typing "oh fux" right before it blows though
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
I am this excited about the sound, just think how good it is going to be in a couple of weeks when i get my new system and am able to utilise the x800xl card i have sitting here being wasted on my old system!!

with the sound and the improved graphics i will probably not turn up for work for a few days!

Going to get CoD2 at some point cause it does look good.
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6725

theDude5B wrote:

...i can hear team mates shouting "Granade!" in the distance...
Not only teammates....
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6720
I have the sound settings on high but i've never heard anyone shouting "Grenade!" in my whole bf2 career
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6725
dont know, I have a audiogy, have never changed anything on the audiosettings, and i hear ist all the time.

It's realy usefull. Yesterday I was capturing a flag... no teammate on the minimap. Than i hear "Granade!"... a pioneer was trying to bomb me out. But only trying. Hehe.
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6819|ATX

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

I have the sound settings on high but i've never heard anyone shouting "Grenade!" in my whole bf2 career
yeah, isn't it usually "Throwing frag!!"
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

Clayton_Bigsby wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

yeah, isn't it usually "Throwing frag!!"
I believe the SAS guys say "grenade" when throwing one. MEC says "humbulla" or s.th. like that. That always makes me smile a little. sounds funny. 

til now, I have sound on board. maybe I should buy a PCI sound card. I hear it improves FPS too.
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6723|Germany
EAX and Bf2 what a F**k
i have karajan audio theatre and everytime I activate EAX, I can hear farting enemy commander wtf
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

I loved when the BH guns went from
this:

to this:
  _.___.______
:-|----|--------|

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-12-06 09:11:37)

ninja6o4
+3|6721
The USMC say either "Grenade!" or "Frag out!". I know because I'm always looking for them when I hear that. Believe it or not you can run from the blast soon enough if you react quickly. I have survived tons of grenade attempts on me and right after it blows rush them while they still have grenade on and pump the guy full of lead.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6743
My computer gets a little angry when I mess with the settings, but I'm slowly raising them one by one to figure out which ones it hates.

Right now i'm content to shoot stuff that looks like this.
                                 __
   o               ______ |    |     
  -|-                    /           \
  / \                   /________\
guy                        tank
CackNBallz
+45|6742|Toronto, Canada

kilroy0097 wrote:

heh I know the feeling. Imagine my surprise and delight when I went from Software Low settings for sound to Hardware High with EAX settings when I got my Audigy 2 ZS just last week.  My first artillery blast that fell on me scared the shit outta me. I had to just smile after that.

Yes the sound is completely different and it's a brand new experience. I love it even more now.
I just recently bought an Audigy 2 Value and it increased my framerate performance noticeably.  I was just wondering about the settings.  I have it currently as Software High.  I tried Hardware High but the sound effects sound weird and garbled, I also have performance issues.
Anima05
+1|6759
its sounds like me when I changed my videos settings from low to high
DMFDxUconn
+8|6766|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Last night a buddy of mine introduced me to the Digital Vibrance slider on my video card. It was set to low, now i have it set to max. Its like i just got me a brand new video card. Everything is so much more colorful. Incredible.
batman_psu
+3|6750
when you hear teammate say "GRENADE!" it means that the ENEMY has thrown it and it landed near him.  if your teammate says "FRAG OUT!", it means HE threw the grenade.  "Grenade!" means incoming.  "Frag out!" means outgoing.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6785

DMFDxUconn wrote:

Last night a buddy of mine introduced me to the Digital Vibrance slider on my video card. It was set to low, now i have it set to max. Its like i just got me a brand new video card. Everything is so much more colorful. Incredible.
Which card do you have?

And if you think a new sound card is good, go a step further and give it a pair of new speakers and a subwoofer, then you'll have your first real artillery strike. 
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6763|d
all i can say is.............................(gone to try it)_
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
high settings with nice card and nice subwoofer makes art. sound awesome
Pacman_80
+0|6723
Got myself a X-Fi fatal1ty and maxing out the sound to ultra high is awesome. Got a half decent 5.1 and the bass during arty strikes really blows you away. Also the rumbling of the tank engine when you're moving along makes my whole room shake. It's a totally awseome experience!!!

Also if you're switching from on board sound to a discrete card you'll notice the game runs alot better as it takes the strain of your cpu.
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6838|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
stupid question i know, but by turning the sound levels to hardware high, doesnt that affect ur FPS?..i was told to switch it to low , but that was before the patch.  any comments or is my assumption wrong?

thx in advance

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard