De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

This is a rant.

What is up with commander don't fight-rules. I can understand you don't want them in the jet/heli as they don't give UAV's and scans. But today I was commanding on warlord (got SF recently) as insurgents. I hung back a few flags so I didn't had to die all the time, and I scanned, gave UAV on every opportunity. So we were winning by 50 credits already and they were still bleeding.

Every now and then a guy passed our lines and was heading for a distance flag. I came out of my hideout, shot him, went back and continued to command (I usually gave UAV before going to try and kill the guy so my team rarely noticed).

Oke suddenly a squad of 3 guys pass our front lines, I spot them, but again nobody on my team cares and they all wait for the parachute-guys. So I give UAV at the front line,spot on of the three guys and head for them. Ownage as I killed two of them with my assault noob tube, switch guns and kill the last one. Sadly, the last one was an admin, so I get kicked for fighting as a commander. The game was 13 tickets away from ending...

I mean what is up with that! Why do you kick a commander who was doing a great job. On the contrary, me fighting would have been better for the admin's team as I wouldn't be able to spot guys sneaking past the uav. No-one on my team had complained, there was always a uav (except for a few seconds when it is reloading).

So to everyone: A commander who gives UAV, scans, spot enemies outside the uav and occasionally kills someone should NOT be kicked. Commanders who take the position, then idle, go the bathroom for a number 2, buy groceries for diner that evening SHOULD be kicked.

[/rant]

Feel free to convince me that I am wrong, that a commander should be kicked if he shoots one bullet.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire
i allways defend when im commanding cos most of the time ur squads are either busy......or deifying ur orders

bloody hell, if i was commanding on that server i might as well press alt-f4
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Christ, that is a cry baby admin alright.
All because his team was losing and you took out his squad of 3 who were about to cap all of the rear flags.

Any commander who doesnt get up to defend himself or the flag that he is near is just as bad as a commander who flies the entire round. You did it right.

Kidnap the bastard/kid/twat.
san4
The Mas
+311|6689|NYC, a place to live
You probably didn't read the server's rules carefully. I'm sure the phrase "while killing an admin" was tacked onto the end of each rule...
DSRTurtle
+56|6687
Good commanders will fight when necessary.  Protecting rear flags is one of those situations when a commander should fight.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6677|respawn screen

DSRTurtle wrote:

Good commanders will fight when necessary.
That's it!
=)HA(=FemaleDriver
+8|6303
Yup that admin was just wrong. The rule is made for the dumb asses taking the commander role and not taking care of thier buisness.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
Commander is supposed to sit back and protect his assests if need be.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Big mistake was making medals/ribbons with commander time requirements. Every kid want to have all the medals but doesn't have a clue or patience to be a commander. So they just do it for the hours.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

Oke,thanks for the input. I've seen more and more servers with that rule, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this idea.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
what i hate is some admins play as commander are about to lose then kick the other team's commander, switches teams and get the 2x bonus. that gets annoying

Last edited by teamorange (2007-03-25 08:06:36)

David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Was it the sfv clan?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

teamorange wrote:

what i hate is some admins play as commander are about to lose then kick the other team's commander, switches teams and get the 2x bonus. that gets annoying
It used to be in the old days, and also: applying commander, taking jet and getting a x2 bonus. But now you don't gain much by doing that (unless maybe you were commander on the other team too) cause it's only the points you got as commander that round that are doubled.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK
I command from the front line. It's more fun.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire

liquidat0r wrote:

/kidnap
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA

DSRTurtle wrote:

Good commanders will fight when necessary.  Protecting rear flags is one of those situations when a commander should fight.
B1GBUD
+17|6597|Under an Artillery Shell
Agrees!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
slightly on topic: http://bf2s.com/player/83035137/

Best front line commander ever.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

Tehremos wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

/kidnap
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

gene_pool wrote:

Let me fix this for you...

Best front line karkand medic whore commander ever.
FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6557|Behind you, with a knife

De_Jappe wrote:

This is a rant.

What is up with commander don't fight-rules. I can understand you don't want them in the jet/heli as they don't give UAV's and scans. But today I was commanding on warlord (got SF recently) as insurgents. I hung back a few flags so I didn't had to die all the time, and I scanned, gave UAV on every opportunity. So we were winning by 50 credits already and they were still bleeding.

Every now and then a guy passed our lines and was heading for a distance flag. I came out of my hideout, shot him, went back and continued to command (I usually gave UAV before going to try and kill the guy so my team rarely noticed).

Oke suddenly a squad of 3 guys pass our front lines, I spot them, but again nobody on my team cares and they all wait for the parachute-guys. So I give UAV at the front line,spot on of the three guys and head for them. Ownage as I killed two of them with my assault noob tube, switch guns and kill the last one. Sadly, the last one was an admin, so I get kicked for fighting as a commander. The game was 13 tickets away from ending...

I mean what is up with that! Why do you kick a commander who was doing a great job. On the contrary, me fighting would have been better for the admin's team as I wouldn't be able to spot guys sneaking past the uav. No-one on my team had complained, there was always a uav (except for a few seconds when it is reloading).

So to everyone: A commander who gives UAV, scans, spot enemies outside the uav and occasionally kills someone should NOT be kicked. Commanders who take the position, then idle, go the bathroom for a number 2, buy groceries for diner that evening SHOULD be kicked.

[/rant]

Feel free to convince me that I am wrong, that a commander should be kicked if he shoots one bullet.
This rule was made becuz some noob ass were takin the commander spot and weren't commanding. Seriously, I appreciate when a commander do his job like you do. Btw, this admin suck

Last edited by FlamingPhenix (2007-03-25 14:41:49)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6742

usmarine2007 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Let me fix this for you...

Best front line karkand medic whore commander ever.
No I've played with this guy too.

He is very good at managing his assets and fighting at the same time.
On any Map.....
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire
ok, it's all agreed, the admin in this case sucked and should never be allowed to be one again
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6279

gene_pool wrote:

Yeah sure gene pool, your words are written in gold I forgot.
ethrion
+25|6394|Hong Kong @ the moment
Commanders that fight and neglect their main duty = bad (kick bait)
Commanders that fail at their main duty = bad
Commanders that do their job and also help out if required = good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard