chiwai
+2|6277|New York City
I tried but not able to take down that monster.  Can anyone have any good idea to take down a Goliath?
deeznutz72
+0|6244
There is a way to take it down with one shot but it requires 2 people.  Simply load all the RDX from TWO recon/snipers onto the front of a hachimoto (or any fast mover) and suicide ram it.  I have used this tactic on Port Bavaria several times.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6591|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

chiwai wrote:

I tried but not able to take down that monster.  Can anyone have any good idea to take down a Goliath?
Teamwork.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center

BabySpinach wrote:

chiwai wrote:

Teamwork.
Teamwork?  Wtf?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
No. Get in a rorsch which is a decent distance a way and fire. Fire again. And again. And again. And then... BOOM!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6445|Australia.
Okay, this is the easiest way to take it down...by yourself.

People in the Goliath guns concentrate on infatry right? So and easy way is to hide yourself...in a Rorsch. You see those blue rectangle things on each side of the Goliath? 2 on either side 2 at the back and 1 at the front. The best way is to snipe the one at the front before the Goliath gets to you. Then, by taking out the remaining ones on the sides and at the back, the Goliath will be rendered useless, those rectangles help the Goliath repair itself. With those down, just concentrate on nailing the big fucker. You have to be quick though, you need to take those rectangles out with 1-2 hits, otherwise you'll leave yourself open.

Well, thats my plan. It helps me a lot, hope it helps you and others.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

Spark wrote:

No. Get in a rorsch which is a decent distance a way and fire. Fire again. And again. And again. And then... BOOM!
Yep.  All it takes is one person on that thing and it goes down.
Buzerk1
+44|6836
Engi + motion mines (all of them in a pile) + mine bait

====

Don't let the goliath reach your motion mines, as soon as it's close enough, throw the mine bait at the goliath feets..... boom no more goliath. I have 11 goliath destroyed and most of them were that way.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6416|Norway | Unkown
About 10 people jihading on it!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Drop your motion mines, take a fair distance from them, grab your motion mine bait, throw the bait on top of the Goliath. Goliath will get killed by all 5 mines exploding at the same time.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6258|Basel, Switzerland
Kill the 5 or 6 self reapairing things lol. Don't know the word for it.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6445|Australia.

KillahStyle wrote:

Regeneration Consoles? I dunno, i just call em Blue Rectangles lol
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Macca wrote:

KillahStyle wrote:

Regeneration Consoles? I dunno, i just call em Blue Rectangles lol
I call them Point Givers, because they're so big and so damned easy to hit.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Destroy the 3-4 of the regenerating armor blocks and then Rosch it down!
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6722|Eastern PA
I've singlehandedly destroyed several using the motion-mine + MMB grenades tactic and the simple, but effective "pound away on a Rorsch" method. With the zoom on the Rorsch it makes it particularly easy to get those irritating blue panels out of the way. All you need to do is destroy 2 or 3 and the rest is easy.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
Rorsch is definiley the best, have had sucess with a walker too on my own placed 5 lollermines around a corner waited with the walker there and got it down.

Though 2 walkers will get it otherwise get in a squad etc and use common sense.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

Rosch+Stupid Goliath driver = 3 Goliath kills per round secondary tactic is RDX hachimoto or a$$ rape with walker.  Leipzig is the best rosch map ever. Got 31-0 score with just my drone and rosch. the funniest thing was that the blind enemy guys didn't even know where I was (yes, i had my drone next to me, lol)

Last edited by [69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN (2007-03-25 05:25:34)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6445|Australia.

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Rosch+Stupid Goliath driver = 3 Goliath kills per round secondary tactic is RDX hachimoto or a$$ rape with walker.  Leipzig is the best rosch map ever. Got 31-0 score with just my drone and rosch. the funniest thing was that the blind enemy guys didn't even know where I was (yes, i had my drone next to me, lol)
Yeah - the snow maps make it extremely hard to see where a Rorsch is shooting from.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Just remember: The pilum is not as good as the Sundik at killing the repair thingies.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

apart for the above said, the speeder rocket is also great on liberation because the range is longer than the view distance.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany
easyest way is to hop into a walker, place a emp + arty strike on it and finish it with the walker missles.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

Macca wrote:

People in the Goliath guns concentrate on infatry right? So and easy way is to hide yourself...in a Rorsch. You see those blue rectangle things on each side of the Goliath? 2 on either side 2 at the back and 1 at the front. The best way is to snipe the one at the front before the Goliath gets to you. Then, by taking out the remaining ones on the sides and at the back, the Goliath will be rendered useless, those rectangles help the Goliath repair itself. With those down, just concentrate on nailing the big fucker. You have to be quick though, you need to take those rectangles out with 1-2 hits, otherwise you'll leave yourself open.

And the people in the F2 and F5 seats of the Goliath will just be there, staring at you, letting you take down their Goliath.

Right.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Zukabazuka
+23|6685
If you are in a walker, try going round it and keep aiming at those repair stuff, wait untill you have 4 missiles to, bigger chance to get the kill. Either that or just keep aiming with your pillum against it. Teamwork should work fine to.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

haffeysucks wrote:

Macca wrote:

And the people in the F2 and F5 seats of the Goliath will just be there, staring at you, letting you take down their Goliath.

Right.
The F2 and F5 guns are useually occupied by morons.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

Bernadictus wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Macca wrote:

Right.
The F2 and F5 guns are useually occupied by morons.
yeah, blind morons that shoot only infantry
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard