Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6244|England
Do the American & Eu constitution need changing or modifying in anyway, if you think it does then please post what modification or changes you would like to see in either.

For those that are not familiar with either here are links to both.

American constitution  http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Amends

EU constitution   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2950276.stm
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6561|Oxford

smuder201 wrote:

Do the American & Eu constitution need changing or modifying in anyway, if you think it does then please post what modification or changes you would like to see in either.

For those that are not familiar with either here are links to both.

American constitution  http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Amends

EU constitution   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2950276.stm
I didn't think the EU had a constitution yet. I think one was agreed in 2004 but I'm not sure it was ratified.
Monkey Spanker
+284|6244|England
You are correct my friend i believe the germans are still to ratify it and a coupla nations have said no to it but this should not stop you coming up with ideas for the EU constitution or if indeed there needs to be one at all.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6561|Oxford

smuder201 wrote:

You are correct my friend i believe the germans are still to ratify it and a coupla nations have said no to it but this should not stop you coming up with ideas for the EU constitution or if indeed there needs to be one at all.
Thought so. Well to be honest most European countries have it all pretty much sewn up. They each have their own form of a constitution which seems to have done quite well for the last few hundred years. Also the EU is about to include a load more countries with completely different standards to our own, I think a generic constitution wouldn't work.

The only thing I'd change about the US constitution is the right to bear arms. I don't have an issue with people owning weapons, I'm a member of Bisley Rifle club myself, but when gun crime is so rife in a country like the US it begs the question.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6542|CH/BR - in UK

I don't care much for the right to bear arms... And there is still "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" - it just doesn't come in the US press.

-konfusion
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

A lot of European countries are set against having an EU constitution and I doubt it will happen anytime in the immediate future.

France have said no, the Netherlands have said no and many other countries are very unlikely to accept it, Britain being one. I'm pretty sure the EU constitution has been binned.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6799|Orlando, FL - Age 43
The 19th and 26th amendments need to be repealed.
Monkey Spanker
+284|6244|England
for those that don't know what the 19th & 26th ammendment are

Amendment 19 - Women's Suffrage. Ratified 8/18/1920. History

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment 26 - Voting Age Set to 18 Years. Ratified 7/1/1971. History

1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

why do think they should be repealed?
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6448|The edge of sanity
most of our constitiution is fine because it leaves the state goverments to decide on things which reduces teh federal strangle hold on the people.
UGADawgs
+13|6313|South Carolina, US

smuder201 wrote:

for those that don't know what the 19th & 26th ammendment are

Amendment 19 - Women's Suffrage. Ratified 8/18/1920. History

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment 26 - Voting Age Set to 18 Years. Ratified 7/1/1971. History

1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

why do think they should be repealed?
Because he's joking, obviously. I'm surprised that he didn't be even more of a smartass and mention the 15th amendment, but then again he might be black.
The#1Spot
+105|6532|byah
19 and 22 should be gone. Now a great sum of women freeloaders that spend guys hard earned money with little to no consideration. No benefit to the US. If a president is really good and helps improve the US why not let him serve for more than 2 terms. Also 25 the vice president needs to be voted in not just allowed in after a president has died during office. Thats how wackos get too much power by luck.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
I'd prefer to amend citizenship by birth to only include children of at least one citizen (either the mother or the father).  America is one of the few countries where non-citizens can give birth on our soil and the child or children are automatically full citizens.  This has been a very bad policy for dealing with illegal immigrants.

Second, we need to repeal the limitation of only letting native-born citizens run for president.  If you're foreign-born but a citizen, and you're someone the people want in office, then why should we block you from running?  (And yes, I know this would let Arnold run....)

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-03-23 18:42:36)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
No constitution for Europe! Diversity, local government and pluralism FTW!
Skorpy-chan
+127|6338|Twyford, UK
The EU one needs to have an ammendment excepting the UK from it. We have the friggen' Magna Carta, we don't need their meddling.
Monkey Spanker
+284|6244|England
The magna carta is some what out dated as a country the UK had no human rights until the EU human rights act was brought in. That is to say that we never needed to be told what we could say or when we could say it but the meddlers in Brussels thought we should have another piece of there law over-riding our what as a nation we have taken for granted for centuries.

To take the issue further we do need the EU and the free market, as this has made us one of the strongest economies in the world with very little national debt compared to other nations (cough cough USA how many trillions are you in hock). Although the labour party has tried it best to bring financial ruin upon us by huge social spending when it was more prudent to spend more over a longer time period rather than huge amounts over a short period. We also need the protection that the EU offer to our markets as well we have stopped the stupid protectionism of other foreign goverments (USA i'm lookin at you again) the Eu has said to them you free up your trade barriers and we will free up ours and it does seem to be working to the chargrin of other foriegn counties (USA), this  is not a bash US trade policy but mearly pointing out that free trade is exactly that no barriers no protectionism just pure unadulterated capitalism.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
Well for starters how about all of the suggestions from Ayn Rand from her books The Virtue of Selfishness : A New concept of Egoism , Philosophy : Who Needs It  & Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal.
She has a firm grasp on what we need to be doing to return America to its former greatness & what is wrong with the world in present day.
My 2 cents.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6456|meh-land
the united states does not need a new constitution.  the old is is just fine.  What the united states needs is a government that follows the constitution, without bending/breaking it and ignoring the fact that they did

IMO the EU should not have a constitution, i do not think having a large group of nations in europe being governed by one force is good, independance/freedom = better than that
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6694|Little Rock, Arkansas
For me, I'd like to see an amendment guaranteeing a right to privacy. I'd also like to see the right to bear arms clarified to mean that any american can have any weapon he or she likes, barring the usual proscriptions.
BVC
+325|6688
We don't have a constitution, theres talk of it from time to time but our rights are guaranteed through various acts (chiefly the human rights act) anyway, so we don't really need one.  Most stuff you can do at age 18, but some (eg. driving, 15) is earlier and some (eg. drive an ambulance, 20) is later.
theelviscerator
+19|6281
There is only one way to change the US constituition, and that is by amendment.

And if you arent a US citizen dont even think about changing it.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6485|Connecticut

The#1Spot wrote:

If a president is really good and helps improve the US why not let him serve for more than 2 terms.
Fuck professional politicians. They should be allowed two terms at any level, unless they advance in political rank and that would ensure they were worthy of advancement. If politicians knew they would be shit canned after their second term, they would not get so complacent. If they knew they had to work for the people, not their political party, they would be better politicians.
Malloy must go
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6448|The edge of sanity

CameronPoe wrote:

I would rather see that to CameronPoe. i think that an EU constitution destroys the soverngty of the individual European nations. Instead they can just have a massive alliance for trade, military, and international policies. This is more easily regulated than a giant government of Europe that squats on the soverngty of other nations.
jonsimon
+224|6488
Explicitly Ban Corporate Personage! Corporations Are Not People!
jonsimon
+224|6488

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I would rather see that to CameronPoe. i think that an EU constitution destroys the soverngty of the individual European nations. Instead they can just have a massive alliance for trade, military, and international policies. This is more easily regulated than a giant government of Europe that squats on the soverngty of other nations.
Guess what the US Federal government is. The world would be so different if these 50 states were actually the nationstates they were meant to be.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command

Darth_Fleder wrote:

The 19th and 26th amendments need to be repealed.
LOL, your saying women and teenagers shouldn't vote?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard