+88|6556|EUtopia | Austria

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Copyright CrazyPC April 1st, 2006
Click "Add to basket"
>.>
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Naughty_Om wrote:

MX518. Cant argue with DPI settings and thumb buttons. Plus the minimize button makes me life so much easier. Gives my left hand a break from alt-tab in.
Specific example of how this works well is if you enter the rorche, then bump up the dpi with one of the buttons, the rorche spins twice as fast.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-23 07:07:44)

Fredline
+13|6626|Seattle, WA

JG1567JG wrote:

Mad Ad wrote:

I have biggish hands too and the 518 is ace for me, great hardware, shame the setpoint software is so crap.
I have to agree on the setpoint software being total crap.  A couple of weeks ago setpoint updated to v3.3 and after my computer installed the update setpoint quit running on startup.  I went to uninstall setpoint and when I went to restart my computer I couldn't log in because windows quite recognizing my keboard. The keyboard worked in the Bios but couldn't log into windows.  Went and bought a USB keyboard to see if that would work but it wouldn't work without the drivers installed.  Long story short I reformatted my C: drive and spent about 3 days installing updates for windows.  I did have all my music backed up on an external drive but I have only had that about a month and havn't really had a chance to back up much else.  I have since tried to reinstall setpoint 3.3 from logitechs website but for some reason when I play BF2 the DPI buttons don't work right.  The (+) button wont change the setting and the (-) button will only raise the DPI setting so after a couple of clicks I am at a sensitivity of 1600 to 2000.  I have went back to setpoint 2.42 which came with the mouse.   SETPOINT SOFTWARE IS SHIT
Holy crap...I thought maybe it was just me. I haven't tried un-installing the Updated version of set-point yet but was thinking about it.
Hmmmm, it's too bad as it is a great mouse.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Be a man and go for the trackball..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6648|Deep In The South Of Texas
I wouldn't say SetPoint is shit, but there are problems with the newest version. I uninstalled it and went back to the version that came on the disc and all is well.
SoC./Omega
+122|6547|Omaha, Nebraska!

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

518 is a very good choice. That is, if you can't get one of these:

http://www.crazypc.com/other/misc/hovermouse.htm
wtf?
well i would get mx518 if you want, but i have the razer copperhead tempest, and i love it
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6655|Norway

surgeon_bond wrote:

Get a Razer Copperhead, cheaper, better tech specs more colourful
no, its shit

go for the mx518, some people like the g5 better but i hate that it only have 1 side button
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6654|I smell corners
G5 is the way to go
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6258|England
G3 is cheaper and still 2000dpi and has all the set point software, even zoidberg could use it.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard