White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland
I have had AOL for 3 years (flame all you want, but ive never had any problems) but now they are not accepting the card i use to pay, and i cant be focked getting a new card etc. I work for BT now and Option 3 which is £28 a month, i will be able to get £4 discount on, and after about 3-4 months i will get £20 discount ... i am a bit dubious as i work ALL day with faults with BT, but i guess i am not seeing the good side of BT broadband... if you have/or used BT broadband, please tell me your views... or if you know any other ISP's that can challange BT let me know please.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6411|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Its rubbish. End of. Used to have it, but customer services was so bad I changed. Not that changing helped as I still get the same problems due to my BT phone line! YE!
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

nighthawk843 wrote:

Its rubbish. End of. Used to have it, but customer services was so bad I changed. Not that changing helped as I still get the same problems due to my BT phone line! YE!
The problem was more than likeley at the exchange... which is why switching wouldnt have helped
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6625|England
Have BT Option 3 Now.

TBH dont have much to compare them with.

Pretty darn good reliability.

Customer support = teh sux0r (though im sure youre very helpful )

Speed = Reasonably good. Im on 2MBps, downloading at about 180kbps.

My line supports upto 4.5MBps and they will upgrade me for free, but i have to sign another 12 month contract... and im just not too keen to do that.

I think they are neither amazing nor terrible, but i dont have much to compare it against.

I think i might be falling into "the grass is greener on the otherside" malarky.. but i duno. Im vaguely looking to switch.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Have BT Option 3 Now.

TBH dont have much to compare them with.

Pretty darn good reliability.

Customer support = teh sux0r (though im sure youre very helpful )

Speed = Reasonably good. Im on 2MBps, downloading at about 180kbps.

My line supports upto 4.5MBps and they will upgrade me for free, but i have to sign another 12 month contract... and im just not too keen to do that.

I think they are neither amazing nor terrible, but i dont have much to compare it against.

I think i might be falling into "the grass is greener on the otherside" malarky.. but i duno. Im vaguely looking to switch.
I can get 5.5 meg on the line... and im used to 1meg AOL, with 40 kb/s max download... so anything will be teh l33t. The customer service is crap i know... its not our fault, the systems we use and the ways we have to use them is totally crap (btu we have to)
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6780
I have had BT broadband for a few months and haven't had any major problems with it.

Only bad things so far is that sometime the Home Hub needs to be rebooted and customer service is I think in a Indian call centre, so sometime its hard to understand what they are saying sometimes.

Apart from that it a lot better then Pipex I use to be on.

Last edited by paranoid101 (2007-03-22 11:01:08)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland
Get a Bt 2700 router of ebay... they are the WIN.

Does anyone else have any views on Bt broadband please?
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6355|Newcastle UK
no but i want to know when they upgrade kingston park's lines or give me 8mbps or stop these disconects.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

OakLeaves wrote:

no but i want to know when they upgrade kingston park's lines or give me 8mbps or stop these disconects.
Phone up Bt about the disconects and the line upgrade... log a fault.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6355|Newcastle UK
no i have tryed numerous times but i dont speak indian and they dont speak english.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6806|UK
Got BT at home, it didnt work well to begin with but it has been flawless for 2 years now, get good speeds for gaming, the wired router is fine and wireless part is fine too, I can dl and play in my room on the floor below the router.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland
Ask to speak to there PS or Manager, and you will get someone who will try and sound engerlish
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6664|Birmingham, UK
It's good, but I've been with Telewest for a while now (moved from BT) and haven't regretted it. For the last 2 years I've hardly had any problems (actually, only one - maintenance) - sincerely recommend them! It seems to me that cable can only get better and better...
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

TheDarkRaven wrote:

It's good, but I've been with Telewest for a while now (moved from BT) and haven't regretted it. For the last 2 years I've hardly had any problems (actually, only one - maintenance) - sincerely recommend them! It seems to me that cable can only get better and better...
Yeah its just i get a good discount on BT, any problems with BT?

Last edited by White-Fusion (2007-03-22 11:49:51)

XX-ifrit-XX
+3|6407|Somerset, England
Ive been with pipex for 2 years and i LOVE them. Im paying £25 for 6mb downloading at 800Kps as well as anytime calls. Kicks ass!!! and ive never had any problems with the customer care.

Plus the broadband is unlimited with is cool as i can easily download 40 gig per month.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6393|uk

I have had AOL for 8 years... and I have never, ever had a serious problem with them.

The few problems that we have had with them are easily solved, I get low pings, high download speeds, and for a low cost.

I honestly don't know why people are against them so much!
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

Titch2349 wrote:

I have had AOL for 8 years... and I have never, ever had a serious problem with them.

The few problems that we have had with them are easily solved, I get low pings, high download speeds, and for a low cost.

I honestly don't know why people are against them so much!
I love the, too, but they dont accept Maestro card anymore
02fxnmaurer
+75|6522|Birmingham UK
i just got sky bb (u gotta be tv subscriber) its kicks so much ass
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6514|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
AOL is so fucking good in terms of realiability and onlone gaming, along with the UNLIMITED usage is absolutely perfect, i cant believe anyone even says AOL suck..they are fucking awesome, i love em and recommed this service to anyone!
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

ELITE-UK wrote:

AOL is so fucking good in terms of realiability and onlone gaming, along with the UNLIMITED usage is absolutely perfect, i cant believe anyone even says AOL suck..they are fucking awesome, i love em and recommed this service to anyone!
Yes they are... and for the 3td time i do love them, but they dont accept my card... k? lol
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

White-Fusion wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Yes they are... and for the 3td time i do love them, but they dont accept my card... k? lol
I dont actually get what you mean by card?
jsnipy
+3,276|6563|...

White-Fusion wrote:

I have had AOL for 3 years (flame all you want, but ive never had any problems)
Wouldn't the Scottish version of AOL be "SOL"?
02fxnmaurer
+75|6522|Birmingham UK
i changed from aol to sky simply cus they dont support wirless networkin to a acceptable degree...their call centres are shockin (all though live help does occasionally work) i simply wasnt gettin wat i wanted for such a high amount, and tht software is so dam consumin.

sky comes with no software u just plug in the router and ur off 16mb ftw
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

jsnipy wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

I have had AOL for 3 years (flame all you want, but ive never had any problems)
Wouldn't the Scottish version of AOL be "SOL"?
It is actually a english company now so they should rename it to UKonline or somthing like that.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6592|Scotland

ELITE-UK wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

I dont actually get what you mean by card?
Credit card... MAESTRO

And yeah its SOL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard