ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Treason by the legal definition is "to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort".
Suggesting that our troops will pull out by a certain time is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. It is treason.
It undermines our troops and inspires the enemy.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Treason by the legal definition is "to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort".
Suggesting that our troops will pull out by a certain time is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. It is treason.
It undermines our troops and inspires the enemy.
I see it more in terms of this....

It takes more than just one side to put our troops in a quagmire such as the one they face now.  The Republicans began the quagmire by sending our troops into Iraq.  The insurgents created the chaos we face now and prolong it.  The Democrats add fuel to the fire by cutting funding to the troops.

Yet...  the soldiers would be much better off if the Republicans and Democrats agreed on a withdrawal date while continuing to fund them until the said date.  This would make more sense than what we currently witness.

The problem is that the Republicans don't want to commit to a withdrawal date, and the Democrats are more interested in leaving quickly than in organizing a coherent and effective method of withdrawal.  Both parties should wake up and cooperate on this.

They also need to decide what to axe from the federal budget to balance the continued expenses of Iraq with the current tax cuts in place.
13rin
+977|6479

13rin wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I think the Dems are power hungry.  They had been out of the Senate since 1994 and have been out of the whitehouse for 8 years.  They are desparate.  They rely on emotion, and it is working.  Al Gore is scaring us.  Hillary is running her propoganda mill...it's all appeal to emotion.

this whole Iraq is a failure thing is another emotional debate.  no one really ACTUALLY knows what's going on there.  The debate is not actually intellectual.

They are pathetic.

+1 for being republican
And the War on Terror isn't about making Americans paranoid?...

Seriously, we'd be better off with a party more concerned about domestic concerns and removing our dependency on sketchy nations like Saudi Arabia than the Republicans or the Democrats.

Fuck this bullshit interventionism and so-called "free trade."  Fair trade is what we need, as well as better domestic security, and more energy independence.
Um, no. It is about defeating those willing to harm the US before they do it?  Are you afraid of the government looking in on what web sites you visit or fishing for "hot words"?  If the US stops one terrorist attack and saves one life (it may be someone you care about), then it's worth it.  I have nothing to hide.  Do you?

Since when are the Dems more concerned with national security?  They water down the Patriot Act, impose more restrictive gun laws, block the mexico/us wall,  want to pardon all illegal emmigrants, all while leasing out conference rooms in the capitol to groups that are sympathetic to Al quaida and its cause.  What the hell that about?  OK. Lets disarm the US citizens while refusing to protect the borders, legalize the emigration invasion while letting assholes who want me&you (yes you too) dead hold meetings on how to fuck us all over -in our own Capitol.  Brilliant!  How the hell do you top that?  I know who I want to vote for!

More energy independence would be great, but it doesn't help when your posterboy manbearpig (and the rest of the liberal left elite) are jetting about everywhere on a private jets.
*facepalm
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Yeah you are pretty dumb.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
obama deported more illegals then your buddy george bush. i thought you would be happy.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
i'm not sure which i found more cringe-worthy, lowing or lowing's mangling of english
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

13rin wrote:

Since when are the Dems more concerned with national security?  They water down the Patriot Act, impose more restrictive gun laws, block the mexico/us wall,  want to pardon all illegal emmigrants,

13rin wrote:

They water down the Patriot Act, impose more restrictive gun laws, block the mexico/us wall,  want to pardon all illegal emmigrants,

13rin wrote:

block the mexico/us wall,  want to pardon all illegal emmigrants,

13rin wrote:

want to pardon all illegal emmigrants,

13rin wrote:

pardon all illegal emmigrants,
lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Illegal emigrants.

The fuck?
13rin
+977|6479
Heh... All thats in the statement and that's what you focus on?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard