LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

After posting here several times, I learned that it is not worth my time, and everytime I open DST to peer at what heresay and idiotic opinions are being vented, I shudder and wish I knew better then to click each enticing title.

It is like people here don't understand black and white is a fallacy - e.g. a common ground, a common understanding can be reached. Debate is not simply refusing to admit anything into evidence and venting one's own opinion no matter what opposition is present. That is called being stubborn and ignorant. There is actually very little debate that goes on here.

Most people come in with an opinion and then source out bogus material on some random uncredited, academically bogus website to support their theories, if they even do that. Then someone else says, zomg wtf!! your full of shit, here is my opinion and because it's my opinion I don't have to listen with yours! More people add their opinions like throwing books on a fire, and none of the new posters bother to read what anyone else has said.

Then a flame war ensues, and no doubt someone brings up someones "credentials," as if anyone here has any. Then someone posts some lolcats pictures, and somebody else says "inb4dalock." Now the thread is completely derailed and the next hot topic is brought up and destroyed with more ignorant cess then you can shake your head at.

Also, everyone assumes a counter-argument to someones original argument must be a personal attack, and everyone breaks out the sarcastic remarks and insults in riposte. It's like trying to have a debate with pre-school kids who just want to fight over who gets to play with the wooden blocks first.

Thus, posting anything in DST is simply not worth the time. Reading it however, will teach you how many semi-literate people there can be in the world and will raise some interesting questions, such as "how can these people feed themselves?" etc.  I'm pretty sure these parting remarks fit right in with the flamewar that is DST
And here I was thinking it was jut me who felt this way. Funnily enough I've just said the same thing in another thread. Glad to see someone else gets the feeling that Debate and Serious talk doesn't really have any debate, just stupid personal insults.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

My personal favorites are people like this, who basically have all the answers to all the worlds problems but think they are above sharing them and will just let us "idiots" ramble on.

I also note his karma. Not bad for someone who doesn't post here because it is a waste of your time.
Funny, you are the top person on my list of ignorant people unwilling to debate anything. Amusing how you evidently share my feelings yet I have barely touched your precious DST posts.

I have karma because I wrote an article for the strategies section which moved to the wiki later on. I have been @ bf2s for a very long time and I used to post here pretty regularly with the old boys...but the forums have degraded over time to the point that I find myself answering people like you, who really don't need an answer because you have let your ideas set in concrete long ago. All we need to do is look at any of your hundreds of DST posts...
So, gtfo.

It will not matter if you go.

ATG wrote:

More tolerant.
Certainly.
Case in point.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

ATG wrote:

Funny, you are the top person on my list of ignorant people unwilling to debate anything. Amusing how you evidently share my feelings yet I have barely touched your precious DST posts.

I have karma because I wrote an article for the strategies section which moved to the wiki later on. I have been @ bf2s for a very long time and I used to post here pretty regularly with the old boys...but the forums have degraded over time to the point that I find myself answering people like you, who really don't need an answer because you have let your ideas set in concrete long ago. All we need to do is look at any of your hundreds of DST posts...
So, gtfo.

ATG wrote:

More tolerant.
Certainly.
Case in point.
If you want to be here, be here. Don't post shit complaining about us in general.

gtfo instead.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6747

ATG wrote:

ATG wrote:

So, gtfo.

ATG wrote:

More tolerant.
Certainly.
Case in point.
If you want to be here, be here. Don't post shit complaining about us in general.

gtfo instead.
You debate about well as John Bolton did in his interview. Check it out @ the bottom of the page.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_ … ndex.jhtml

As for posting shit, well... the irony must be obvious even to the likes of you. At any rate it is a free world (mostly) and you are entitled to your "tolerant" opinions, as am I.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
John Bolton is definitely an ass, but that's for another thread....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

lowing wrote:

Want a jump to conclusions mat
I thought as much
No, you didn't even try to think.

I will let anyone reading this thread be the judge; just because you say something, does not imply that it is true. Given how easily you grab at straws to judge several things about me, it is no suprise people, myself included, think you are incapable of debate.
I don't "grab at straws", nor did I "judge you". I couldn't care less about you, so there really isn't a need for a judgment. Your post was that of self proclaimed superior intellect far above everyone else in here. That is how I read it, and that is what I responded to. My post is based on how I perceive yours, not necessarily what you might have meant. So yup, my posts can be off the cuff. Anyone in here wanna throw the first stone??

You said I thought my posts were "precious". I merely commented that since I don't dress my posts up with a bunch of bullshit like you do, that maybe I might not think my posts are as "precious" to me, as you might think of yours, since I don't waste my time trying to prove my worth with my gaming stats or cute little pictures.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I have learned nothing. I do, however, have a great desire to know what Bubbalo looks like. It really annoys me. I picture this fucking penguin in my head when I get pissed off at work or whatever and I wonder what he looks lke. Any guesses? For some reason I picture constant bedhead.
see my sig.
l41e
+677|6649

Oh, there's another way it's changed me. I keep getting the urge to go out and buy a big box of fire extinguishers.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

ATG wrote:

ATG wrote:

So, gtfo.

Case in point.

gtfo instead.
You debate about well as John Bolton did in his interview. Check it out @ the bottom of the page.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_ … ndex.jhtml

As for posting shit, well... the irony must be obvious even to the likes of you. At any rate it is a free world (mostly) and you are entitled to your "tolerant" opinions, as am I.
Where is the debate in my statement?

I'm saying don't get on a freeway in rush hour and bitch about the traffic.

I happen to think Bolton did just fine, but as Greenrock said thats a thread topic for another time.
Commie Killer
+192|6388
I started out a complete asshole, now Im only part asshole. I used to be a ultra conservative Bush lover that would just follow the party, now I hate Bush, well, I hate almost every politician. Used to be much more active on here with my last account, kinda died off, haven't been posting as much though I continue to read all topics. Oh, maybe one of the best things is I learned to think for my self, amazing how I used to just follow the party like a robot.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky
I usually Avoid it like the black plague.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard