legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Friendly claymores explode but do no team damage.
You mean with FF off and mine FF on...?
yeah, I dont get it too...
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6430|somewhere other then here

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

voodoosniper7 wrote:

FF Off + Clay Spamming = Pissed of people and happy snipers
FF On + Real life action = Satisfied people and pissed of snipers
There fixed it.
lol true forgot the sniper part when thats my favorite kit =/
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6538|the best galaxy

liquidat0r wrote:

I'm trying to find servers with this option. What should I look for in a servers game-monitor like this? :
http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … d.net.html
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

It's not that hard:
Imagine claymores and mines are set of by friendlies (like in the old days). (you put that option on again)
However, you put Friendly fire on 0% so every damage you do to a friendly is 0.
In that way claymores do NOT teamkill friendlies, as they do 0 damage to them and 100% damage to enemies. But when friendlies walk past them, they also set them off. (hope that's more clear now).

Freke, I'm afraid that option isn't viewable at game-monitor. (at least, i didn't found it on first sight). However if there is a way, I'll let you know. I guess there has to be a variable sv.friendlymines or something like that.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6733|London

De_Jappe wrote:

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

It's not that hard:
Imagine claymores and mines are set of by friendlies (like in the old days). (you put that option on again)
In that way claymores do NOT teamkill friendlies, as they do 0 damage to them and 100% damage to enemies. But when friendlies walk past them, they also set them off. (hope that's more clear now).
That's if FF is 0% but then it's back to the wallhacking.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6711|The Netherlands

Dauntless wrote:

De_Jappe wrote:

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

It's not that hard:
That's if FF is 0% but then it's back to the wallhacking.
Why turn the ff by friendly mines on in the first place? Because its more realistic? Yet the mines do no damage to teammembers lol. How realistic is that?

Or is this just some evil plan to get rid of all the claymores around flag area's/spawnpoints by the people that hate claymores maybe.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

Because I don't like to follow a guy with my knife around the corner only to get blown to pieces

And not for the realism, but I would put it that way to make the claymore-madness diminish. Putting claymores on the ground doesn't mean 2 kills anymore. If that option is off you place two claymores and you wait and you have at least 2 kills. With that option on you use them as defense again (or you have to place them obvious)

The reason to put FF off then is that otherwise you get TKed zillion times which is no fun either.

But as I, and dauntless said, the only minor point here is that they probably glitch back into the walls. However, with almost daily two admins on this might be doable?
Echo
WOoKie

De_Jappe wrote:

Because I don't like to follow a guy with my knife around the corner only to get blown to pieces

And not for the realism, but I would put it that way to make the claymore-madness diminish. Putting claymores on the ground doesn't mean 2 kills anymore. If that option is off you place two claymores and you wait and you have at least 2 kills. With that option on you use them as defense again (or you have to place them obvious)

The reason to put FF off then is that otherwise you get TKed zillion times which is no fun either.

But as I, and dauntless said, the only minor point here is that they probably glitch back into the walls. However, with almost daily two admins on this might be doable?
You ll still get blown to pieces if you follow a guy with your knife around a corner on these settings.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

Only if you run immediately after him, if he turns it explodes, if you turn around the corner a second (or even half a second) later, you are not

But this was only a suggestion to see what you guys think about it? I think it's good to stop the claymore spammage the most servers find these days. This way snipers will be more likely to follow the SL towards flags instead of suicide running while dropping the claymores.

Last edited by De_Jappe (2007-04-12 12:06:18)

Echo
WOoKie
Let me decide for myself how i use my kit.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

So if I understand correctly, you don't want these settings, and probably not mines on and FF on too then?
It's impossible to please everyone, but it's important to listen to what others have to say So what does the rest thinks of this?
I would like mines on and FF off or else on karkand FF 50% mines off. On jet maps FF off to decrease teamkilling for vehicles.
I think Echo would like mines off.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

I go for FF on, for everything. Just to remember old good days of accidental TKs... Except mines of course.
Echo
WOoKie

De_Jappe wrote:

So if I understand correctly, you don't want these settings, and probably not mines on and FF on too then?
It's impossible to please everyone, but it's important to listen to what others have to say So what does the rest thinks of this?
I would like mines on and FF off or else on karkand FF 50% mines off. On jet maps FF off to decrease teamkilling for vehicles.
I think Echo would like mines off.
Yup and ff on (50%>).

With ff mines on and ff at 0%, you make claymores useless and you can only use em to blow up a guy following you around the corner trying to knife you or at enemy flag area's. Defending flags with clays will be pointless cause all my teammates spawning there will set them off. Also if my teammates know friendly clays go off but nothing happens, they ll all be running right through them cause people just dont care. Seriously you might even make the problem worse. Or even worse, all the good snipers will go play somewhere else.

Claymores are 20% of my kills according to chuy. I use them mostly to defend the flags that we captured. When someone tries to take the flag back even before a flag turns, i ll notice the kill in the bottom of my screen so i can tell the other guys on ts that a flag is being taken. And we can go back and defend it and we ll have more time.

I just want to say, claymores can also be used in a proper way.

I was hoping for some more opinions on this but so far its only legionair thats has replied. Are claymores a problem on the bf2 server atm?

Last edited by Echo (2007-04-13 09:49:39)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
My opinions:

Karkand: FF on 50%. Claymores/Mines do no team damage. I do not think claymores are a problem. Glicthing is a problem, thus the 50%.

Wake: FF off. Claymores/Mines do no team damage
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

k thanks liqui!

Echo, no they are of course no problem at all (although people whine about them all the time but that's nothing new). It was just a suggestion as it is a different way of playing ;-) But I wouldn't mind playing the old way.
Echo
WOoKie

De_Jappe wrote:

k thanks liqui!

Echo, no they are of course no problem at all (although people whine about them all the time but that's nothing new). It was just a suggestion as it is a different way of playing ;-) But I wouldn't mind playing the old way.
Well the old way is ff on and and mines on and there were alot of problems and angry snipers and engineers on chat cause of the mines on. Seriously sniper and engineer were the least popular kits cause the mines got you more teamkills then actual kills.

My advise is to get the best of the old days and loose the bit that sucked. Ff at 100% and ff mines off. If you shoot the wrong guy you gotta pay for it.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6518|Belgium

and it also diminishes the nade-party!
Echo
WOoKie
Yup with ff at 100%, you ll probably get less nade spamming but ff mines on is just asking for trouble imo. With vehicles on you ll also get alot of pissed engineers. My advise is to get the best from the old days and loose the bit that sucked.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6682|Devon, England
I like it with FF off. It makes the game more enjoyable for me. I'm sure others agree that it makes playing the game for them easier, but its just the people who abuse it that ruin it
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6212|Finland

liquidat0r wrote:

My opinions:

Karkand: FF on 50%. Claymores/Mines do no team damage. I do not think claymores are a problem. Glicthing is a problem, thus the 50%.

Wake: FF off. Claymores/Mines do no team damage
Sounds really cool

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2007-04-18 08:16:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard