Afrika_18
+26|6542
I unlocked it the other day.  At first, I was disappointed.  I found that if I fired it like the 2 stock support guns, by the time I got a small aiming reticule, the gun over-heated and my target killed me.  However, I was determined to make it work, because I like how the gun looks and sounds (call me superficial).  I discovered that if you fire in very small bursts...and I mean very small, like 1 or 2 bullets...you can actually snipe with this thing!  Once you get the small reticule, just fire 1 or 2 bullets at a time and you won't overheat, you won't lose your accuracy and you can take out most targets with 1 or 2 bullets because the gun does heaps of damage.  Anyone else use the Ganz a lot?
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

I used to hate it, but now I find great success with it. If I'm not using the shotgun, then I use that as my machine gun.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6437|Brisbane, Australia
I prefer using it when im support and not in titan. just move slower though the maps, dont always sprint everywhere. and use cover, best gun for defending.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Shuko > Ganz.

Period. Faster spray, faster closing recticle.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Bernadictus wrote:

Shuko > Ganz.

I disagree... the LMGs are definately the best if there is but the slightest chance of meeting an enemy in close combat (5-20 metres), but the HMG (Ganz) will beat the crap out of them at long range if you know how to use it,, i prefer to spray until it gets farely close to overheating and by then most ppl WILL be dead due to its heavy dmg pr. shot.. if there should be anyone left standing it cools down rather quick too ...

Ganz is definately the best for campers, defenders and titan corridor defence... whilst the LMGs are better for close combat which you wont need when you unlock the clark shotgun... i tend to use LMGs when i need a combination of long range accuracy and close quarters suppresion...

Ganz > LMGs

Clark > Ganz :p
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Crestfallen
+27|6449|England, Leicester

Bernadictus wrote:

Shuko > Ganz.

Shuko ftw!

I like to use all the machine guns, out of sound preference I like the Ganz, it has a nice and heavy sound to it.  The LMG's are good, but I still prefer to use the Ganz over all.  I like it's hitting power, and being able to pick people off quickly before relocating.  Playing with the heavy machine gun on the move from target to target is always preferable for me, especially when assaulting caps.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Bernadictus wrote:

Shuko > Ganz.

bah. At greater distances though it takes more of that spray to  kill.

Shuko imo is good with mixed ranges.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
Still find the Ganz to be the worst weapon in game by far, it simply takes to long time for the rifle to become accurate only way i see to use it is to camp.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
I love it. Frankly, I more use it for a placebo effect on myself. I think it works well, so I work well. Close range Titan, I'd have to go with the Bianchi if I need tons of kills. Bianchi just has a stupid ROF! Before you have overheated, you've sprayed all of your 150 (or w/e amount your mag is) bullets into your enemies head
JovesApples
+4|6453|USA
the ganz is a mixed bag for me... its perfect for Titan corridors, or long range shootin' but its really undependable in short and medium range combat. its rate of fire sucks, it overheats, and the sound effect is just dull and does not give me the impression its the "ultimate" support gun, lol. i thought it said it had some twin bullet feed, but it has a short 100 round clip. the ganz would be better, if at its current rate of fire it shot 2 bullets at once and had a 200 round clip... and they made the report have some punch to it like the EU walker to scare the hell out of your enemies. then i might consider it to be the best support gun ever.

my favorite support gun is the shuko, its perfect other than it overheats fast.  just love the blue flame and loud and nasty sound the shuko puts out! ill usually take the ganz if i am EU since im not a big fan of the binachi , which has a short clip but i think it does better damage than the shuko.

dunno, i like most of the PAC loadout MUCH better than the EU. the EU has the better walker and sniper rifle, but PAC has the better pistol, the Krylov (imo the best gun in the game), and the shuko.
FourthHorseman
+36|6456|TX
You know, I used to HATE this gun. And I was so excited about getting it too. I felt like a kid who wanted a bike for his birthday and instead got a yo-yo. There's nothing wrong with a yo-yo, mind you, but it's not a damn bike.

However, I'm playing a lot of support these days, and while I usually avoid the support class, I wanted to give it another shot. Loaded up on Liepzig, and on a whim, picked up my Ganz and the IDS sonar.

Holy Crap.

Whether I was long-ranging or providing cover fire, or even up close, this gun was the killer of all red nametags. YES, it does take a second to line up the accuracy, but even full-barrel automatic was enough to cream the majority of the competition. Combine that with the sonar, and most enemies never had a chance to say, "Hey! Ow! Those Bullets Kinda Sting A Little!"

Now, I will say that this gun is probably best suited for defense and whatnot, but you can take this bad boy out on offense as well. With a competent Commander and Squaddies, you're a kill machine.

The only real flaws I can see:

Yeah, of course, it's a damn BFG, so it's not the best in terms of direct fire or accuracy, and the deviancy sucks. But then, if you wanted to use an assault rifle, you wouldn't have picked this class anyway.

The barrel overheats pretty quickly, which is fine is you've got solid enfilade or entrenchment, but not a good thing when you're stuck out in the middle of a road.

Other than that, I now LOOOOOVE this big angry gun. It's not for everybody, mind you. From now on I'll be using the scatter gun inside the titan, but the Ganz will be coming with me everywhere else.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
It is awesome for titan defense, better than anything else. conversely on conquest it is worse than anything else.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand
clark for short range
LMG's for long range
i got the ganz i tried to use it but i hate it i can get nearly double the score in a round with the LMG's than the ganz
sniping with the LMG's is much better imho
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6591|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Crouch spam with it.
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
ganz is my second fav gun
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

madmurre wrote:

Still find the Ganz to be the worst weapon in game by far, it simply takes to long time for the rifle to become accurate only way i see to use it is to camp.
2 words:

- Prone
- Patience
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard