dirtracer74
+10|6316
Did a search, no results.

A few months ago, I went to the command prompt in game and typed in "PB-LogMD5Tool 1" which made all server messages appear on my screen. It was kind of nice, as I could see who was getting kicked, and so forth down below. Kinda nice for an admin.

Now that we have the MD5 Tool checks streaming to punkbuster, it is annoying having the checks pop up every few seconds. Makes your kill notification drop off alot faster, and it can take up alot of screen at times.

At any rate, I have been trying to turn it off.  "PB-LogMD5Tool 1" will turn it on, where "PB-LogMD5Tool 0" is suppose to turn it off. If I do this, it will turn it off, until I log out. Next time, they are popping up again. Anyone know how to turn it off for good?

Thanks
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6364|EsSeX
not sure but once its off try
pb_LogToFile 1
imm0rtal
+18|6298|UK
MD5 is to do with macros i think?
dirtracer74
+10|6316
Naw, not macros, but basically a tool that checks for different file types. Basically, it scans your hard drive while the game is playing looking for different file types that are known cheats. There is more to it than that, but in a nutshell, there you go. Macros may be part of it, I am not sure.

I just hate looking at PB screenshots of myself and seeing these messages pop up. A noob admin could mistake them for something else. I was also told that punksbusted.com has but people with this turned on, on their "watch list", as it tells you exactly what cheats it is checking for.

Thanks for the tip of "pb_LogToFile 1", I will give that a try. +1 (If I could)

Dirt

Last edited by dirtracer74 (2007-03-21 15:31:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard