brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6738|IL
OMFG  I got kicked today form a server.  So we are down to last FLAG and the other team is doing what all bastards do, sit and SC and get their stats up you know thekind not playing the game for fun jsut stad padding in a way, anyways i get fucking pissed, as we do,  and I type  "hey just go for the Flag  and quit camping so we can move on"  Well i forgot to put the L down so it came out as FAG and what do you know fucking kicked by PB so I guess be careful what you type.  OH BTW fuck language filters,  they are good to a point but could be  a little ess strict.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6839|government yard in trenchtown.
Yeah, I got kicked from a server (a german server.. whaddaya know.." for saying a simple "crap."

IMO that kind of language belongs in a "war" game.
BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6761
I got a warning for saying "passing" - talk about a strict filter... 
Johnthegreg
+1|6725
I'm offended by your use of "passing", go capture a fag.  FLAG, oh crap, uh I mean darn. lol
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I swear like a trooper, so I hope they don't put a language filter on my favourite server, (Iconz.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Gatistance
+0|6719
I got banned for saying assualt, I got mad and tried punching a hole in my bedroom wall... my knuckles still hurt . the "ass" in assualt...
divided
Clear!
+3|6774
I've been kicked for saying the following: damage, asset, assault, function (i forgot to put down the 'n', and i got kicked for the 'fuc'), dam (as in kubra), helo, heli (for 'hel').
RKF77
+1|6752
Come on now, guys...let's not be too hard on those that put language filters on.  After all, without language filters, Punkbuster would be COMPLETELY useless.
divided
Clear!
+3|6774
I just think it's a little strange that I can kill 30,000 people in a video game but I dare not say the word "damn."
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
if some idiot gets done by a claymore or a land mine of mine i will swear and iv never been kicked for using bad words.
mabey they are less stricked on Aus servers??
OMGEliteGaming
+0|6830
I cuss like mad when i game and i can honestly say that ive never been kicked from a BF2 server for cursing in my 200+ hours of playing. In recent years of online gaming where language filters have become more prevalent ive trained myself to say stuff like "fhaggot," "fhuck you," "b1tch," "fuxing sh1t," etcetera.

Its second nature now and its extremely entertaining to get into a heated argument with someone and watch them get kicked when they cant control their temper and curse, while i continue to ramble on with my punkbuster friendly obscenities.

Last edited by OMGEliteGaming (2005-12-05 20:20:50)

[PHPR]-SpecialOps
+18|6783|Your six is my twelve
I've been kicked for saying good night (nig) as in nigger, that as well as asset, and many others mentioned above.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6763|Internet!
BF2's rated teen.

Shooting Chinese people with a tank isn't as mind-warping to little children as a little blood, pales in comparison to the word "Damn".

Edit: It could be worse. You could be getting kicked for using the 'Sorry' button on the radio. "Damnit, sorry."

Last edited by Kanil (2005-12-05 20:46:47)

arizona91
+2|6751|Kansas City
I got kicked for saying "lag". I complained about the lag on the server and *boom*, that's all they needed to kick me.  Talk about some sensitive people, putting the word "lag" on their kick-list.  "How dare people complain about our server!"
Kingswat
+0|6756

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I never could understand language filters...
This game is rated MATURE... you know, a rating they slap on R-movies. There are no bannings and kicks when someone in a squad curses... but god forbid you put that in type.

I've also been kicked for saying things like "assault" and mispelling "frag".

Lameness imo.
I know, I love all these servers that don't want people to swear, but its ok to go slaughter someone or crush them with a tank or blow them apart.

Its not as bad here as in cs:s. 

EMO kid, "don't cuss or I'll kill myself"
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
I've gotten booted for saying "cockpit".
eatmywheaties
+2|6760
only thing that bothers me is when someone is being racist.

Other than that, I find it odd that this game isn't rated mature eventhough there is no blood.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6722
Hey guys, let's get a fag tonight
Sud
+0|6749
No, it's hay guys! let's capture the fag!

I'll lure one out with these buttless leather chaps, then we'll all capture him for a ton of assist points

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-06 09:30:25)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6728|Debris From Space
I used to play on Half-Life 1 servers which had language filters. As a twist, instead of kicking, if you typed in fuck it would change the word to something like "sexual relations" and ass was changed to "donkey". It did get rather annoying when typing innocent words like pass, it would change pdonkey. Also damn was changed to "water blocking device" it was entertaining to see people that you had killed say stuff like:

"Sexual relationing u n00b, ur a little parentless child. water blocking device ciggarette"

Translation.

"Fucking n00b ur a little bastard. damn fag."

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-06 12:52:57)

Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

idiotofwar wrote:

I used to play on Half-Life 1 servers which had language filters. As a twist, instead of kicking, if you typed in fuck it would change the word to something like "sexual relations" and ass was changed to "donkey". It did get rather annoying when typing innocent words like pass, it would change pdonkey. Also damn was changed to "water blocking device" it was entertaining to see people that you had killed say stuff like:

"Sexual relationing u n00b, ur a little parentless child. water blocking device ciggarette"

Translation.

"Fucking n00b ur a little bastard. damn fag."
There could be something wrong with my sense of humor but I just laughed my ass off so hard it actually hurt.
Leonnoe1
+2|6726
Actually,
This game is rated MATURE... you know, a rating they slap on R-movies.
No..the game is rated 'T' for Teen. A rating they put on movies rating PG-13 here in the states. Besides, it's the servers decision. Perhaps it's run by people who don't like swearing. Either way, they pay to run it, they get to make the rules.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Kanil wrote:

Edit: It could be worse. You could be getting kicked for using the 'Sorry' button on the radio. "Damnit, sorry."
Holy shit! Brilliant point! If we were never to swear those swear-lite words, (as I refer to them. This includes damn, hell and the like,) why would they have programmed the naughty, naughty word "damn" in.
I can't believe how stupid the whole "bad-language" filter things are.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard