j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6643|Behind that RPK-74
You can completely skip the intro and login screen.
Right click on the Shortcut Icon on your desktop / Start menu > Properties and in this line type:-
Target: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart +playerName name +playerPassword password

Note the capital N and P in playerName and playerPassword they are important.

Last edited by j4mi3-k1ll3r (2007-04-02 02:46:07)

MrSandblast
+0|6227|Canberra
good info! i doubt i could be arsed doing most of it, but cheers anyway
cheify0
+2|6225|Philippines
thanks...nice job +1
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6322|England
good job! thanks very much! +1

Last edited by ShadowStalker_fx (2007-05-01 09:33:07)

Unit120
+1|6198
For Number 2
i don't know if you guys use this but id feel sorry for someone spending a whole afternoon deleting the white servers in the favorite's list

I tried it and works like a charm, you just need .NET Framework installed
( http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/ … fault.aspx  )

Here's the link to BF2 Cleaner website:

http://www.stensal.com/index.php?program=3#

This way you can delet all files that are not needed in you BF folders

Last edited by Unit120 (2007-05-05 16:27:00)

Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6760
ok that high priority thing didn't work and i copied pasted it.  also what happens with those of us that dloaded special forces, do we need to change anything in there as well since it runs off the same disc extra?
Cpt.Armstrong
+0|6190
Great work!
Just one question, has anyone really solved the famous problem with "Shift" being occupied by Common Controls and Air- and Land Controls but in-game you can't see the Shift-button being used by any action?

Still can't assign Shift to Crouch...

If you got a solution to that, I'll send you a cake or a bottle of whiskey (depending on your age) =P
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
I'll add some you missed then:

Hear vehicles, artillery, and other things from across the map.

Open up program files\EA games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings\sound.con

look for these lines:

rem ** Air absorption.
sound.setProperty airabsorption-eax-mindistance 5000
sound.setProperty airabsorption-eax-maxdistance 20000

and replace the values at the end with the ones above.

I'm not sure if this tweak actually needs EAX support. I know that it works on my PC (with an audigy 4) regardless of what settings I use (software, hardware, with or without eax) so it should work even with onboard sound.

Custom prefixes

open up my documents\Battlefield 2\profiles\global.con

look for the line GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix ""

place anything you want in between the quotation marks. You can enter any character you like this way, but the length limit remains.

Faster revives, and shooting in midair

You don't have to wait for the animation to finish to be able to use shock paddles, when you equip them. This means you can use them almost instantly.

If you need to zap more than once quickly, switch to another weapon and back again, as quickly as you can. The shockpaddles will have recharged, and you can instantly zap again.

Sometimes you're able to shoot in midair, if you're close enough to objects. Just before landing and after jumping you might still be able to shoot. There will be no muzzle flash or sound, but your clip loses bullets and people will take damage.

infinite height in jets

Always a good one if you have no flags left. Simply fly straight up, and make sure your throttle is between 1-200 before you reach heights of 800-1000. This will require a joystick, or a lot of rythm. Be sure to fly as straight up as possible. A decent angle will let you creep up towards heights of 30,000 easily.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-05-26 05:10:38)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
BINCHENZO
God.star.legend
+33|6187|Your moms privates
nice finds
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6263|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Anyone know how to bind a key to screendump so I don't have to printscreen and past into Paint each time?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Printscreen is the default screenshot key anyway. It automatically saves screenshots into:

MyDocuments/Battlefield2/Screenshots

But if you really want to change the key, go to MyDocuments/Battlefield2/Profiles/001 (id it is your default/usual profile) and edit it in the "controls.con" file with notepad.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6263|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

Snake wrote:

Printscreen is the default screenshot key anyway. It automatically saves screenshots into:

MyDocuments/Battlefield2/Screenshots

But if you really want to change the key, go to MyDocuments/Battlefield2/Profiles/001 (id it is your default/usual profile) and edit it in the "controls.con" file with notepad.
Looks like im retarded, I never knew that!
lacha123
+1|6169
I really like your efforts you put in 10/10. 
phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6179|c-c-c-Canada

Shiffdaddy wrote:

5. For 10 great lag tips go to the website:
http://bf2lag.com/top5tips.html
\

are you sure this thing is safe?
|<|DINGDONG|>|
+0|6155
wow thats pretty good info
Fly51
+1|6150|France
Good job, thanks
Greavesy
+0|6139|Manchester
Good info
cheify0
+2|6225|Philippines
good work...+1
McCullough
+7|6834
Ok so i got my own cool background in the BFHQ but what about replacing the ordinary BF2 tune with a mp3 of my choice? Is it possible?
It would be rly nice to have some custom music in the background when  looking for servers.
siege[gsw]
+0|6128|Bucharest - Romania

Cpt.Armstrong wrote:

Great work!
Just one question, has anyone really solved the famous problem with "Shift" being occupied by Common Controls and Air- and Land Controls but in-game you can't see the Shift-button being used by any action?

Still can't assign Shift to Crouch...

If you got a solution to that, I'll send you a cake or a bottle of whiskey (depending on your age) =P
Make that 2 cakes or bottles of fine liquor

I have also a question (though i think I'm just dreaming) - is it possible to have the weapon rendered in the left side of the screen?
dnomyar0
+0|6108|SoCal
so is this all legal for online play?
if i do any of these will it be considered modified content? can I be banned for changing these vars?
moeskimo
+2|5991|Norway
very good
Larsenovic
+2|6386
Good info +1 send to you
w0ls0n
+16|6543|Maine
I'm not sure if this is a good tip but here I go:

I have a separate partition D where I save everything. My Documents, MP3s and the like. I also point the original My Documents on my desktop (XP) to D:\My Documents. So if you end up formatting C, you won't lose anything on your D drive. Just when you're done formating, change My Documents from C to D and when you're ready to play BF2 again, all your favorites, profiles, etc are all there. The only issue I have with this is somehow it screws up my password.

I still to this day don't know why manufacturers make another drive just like I do and point My Documents to the other drive.
Wulf_HR
+2|5903|Zagreb, Croatia, EU
I gotta question bout modding too...
Mybe its a right topic mybe its not, anyway any kind of help is good...
Whenever i try to join a server with Wake it loads, and it says somethin about modding, maps 'n'shit...
Ill try to get a screenshot. Mybe someone with a similar problem?
Thx

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard