swedge
+23|6476|haggis hill
hey guys, i just got the film 300 from "the web" but it has spanish subtitles in it and im wondering if anyone knows how to remove them. the file is just a video clip, i heard that if they are soft titles i can remove them but if they are hard titles i cant.

any ideas
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

What is the format of the movie?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
swedge
+23|6476|haggis hill
when i right click the file it just says type of file: video clip it has a wmp icon
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6496|Sheffield-England

swedge wrote:

it has a wmp icon
Windows Media Player is the term your looking for
swedge
+23|6476|haggis hill

stkhoplite wrote:

swedge wrote:

it has a wmp icon
Windows Media Player is the term your looking for
i know i just couldnt b arsed typing it
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6550|Cardiff
there prolly embedded tbh.  since its prolly a cam vid anyways ur best of waiting till u can get one with out subs.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6641|Birmingham, UK
1. You shouldn't have it anyway (can't you pay $5 to see it and/or just wait 5 months for it on DVD?)
2. Well, ignoring that, this is probably with Spanish subtitles because they haven't dubbed a Spanish version of 300 for general release (it'll be there for DVD!) and so they hard copy them on. There really isn't nay way to get rid of them, unless you go through frame-by-frame...

EDIT: Oh, and I believe BF2S takes a hard stance against illegal copyright infringement, so an administrator should be along soon to delete this thread, I think!

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2007-03-19 10:03:33)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

In your explorer window where the movie is located switch the view to details.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-19 10:03:23)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6548|Amherst, MA
Try this?

https://www.ucok.edu/disability_support/graphics/captions-on-wmp10.gif

Last edited by LawJik (2007-03-19 10:04:38)

stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6496|Sheffield-England

swedge wrote:

from "the web"

any ideas
The Web hey? Limewire???

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18812
swedge
+23|6476|haggis hill

Kmarion wrote:

mpeg layer3

and to dark raven i could pay $5 to see it but it would cost me £400 to get a flight to the usa and it wil take like 12 months for it to be on dvd in the uk

to stk:  lol not limewire full of viruses

Last edited by swedge (2007-03-19 10:06:33)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Mpeg can not have them removed.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
swedge
+23|6476|haggis hill
damn oh well just have to watch it with titles, only thing is everytime i just look at them i end up looking at them all the way through
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Researching here can save you the hassle in the future. http://www.vcdquality.com/index.php?gen … string=300 . Pretty much every release has a forum topic discussing the quality (comments on the far right). Obviously the nuked ones are junk.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-19 10:10:27)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6641|Birmingham, UK

swedge wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

mpeg layer3

and to dark raven i could pay $5 to see it but it would cost me £400 to get a flight to the usa and it wil take like 12 months for it to be on dvd in the uk

Oh, don't go and preach to me about that. It just seemed to me that you would most likely be in the US...
I'm in the UK too, and it really isn't such a problem just to wait until Friday!
Global launches are annoying and never really work. A staggered launch is fine and the anticipation of such a great film is what makes it so great. You're just spoiling an already fragile industry - I guess you download music illegally, too? Get some morals, and pay for at least half of the stuff dammit. Otherwise, if we all followed your 'right' path, then we would have no great films...
So please - just wait until Friday and go and see it! It really isn't that hard to wait...
swedge
+23|6476|haggis hill

TheDarkRaven wrote:

swedge wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

mpeg layer3

Oh, don't go and preach to me about that. It just seemed to me that you would most likely be in the US...
I'm in the UK too, and it really isn't such a problem just to wait until Friday!
Global launches are annoying and never really work. A staggered launch is fine and the anticipation of such a great film is what makes it so great. You're just spoiling an already fragile industry - I guess you download music illegally, too? Get some morals, and pay for at least half of the stuff dammit. Otherwise, if we all followed your 'right' path, then we would have no great films...
So please - just wait until Friday and go and see it! It really isn't that hard to wait...
lol well to late about waiting to friday as i already have the film, and i would think that 90% of the population who download music download it illegaly i.e. limewire torrents etc. i dont see the point in paying for music when i can get it for free and pretty much guarantee not getting caught
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6641|Birmingham, UK

swedge wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

swedge wrote:

mpeg layer3

lol well to late about waiting to friday as i already have the film, and i would think that 90% of the population who download music download it illegaly i.e. limewire torrents etc. i dont see the point in paying for music when i can get it for free and pretty much guarantee not getting caught
If that's your only reason please, when Spiralfrog (and later, QTrax) is released - go legal for free. Please!

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2007-03-19 10:27:49)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

There are ways you could do it. It's easy if they are soft subs, of which there are numerous formats. The easiest type of soft subs to remove are .srt subs - just delete the .srt file, certain video codecs (ogg for example) provide their own support for subtitles, either on a seperate file or embedded into the video file itself, in which case the codec will include a tool for turning the subs on or off.

It sounds most likely that the subtitles on the file you have (which is probably xvid encoded in an avi wrapper - it's not MPEG layer 3, since that is a purely audio format - MP3) are properly hard coded, i.e. are a part of the video signal. It is rather tricky to remove these type of subs. It can be done sort of, but to get it right requires time, patience and skill. To do so you can use programs which blur out the subs, much like many release groups use to remove watermarks and channel logos. I don't suggest doing this. It would be easier to find another release, in any case telesyncs tend to be crap.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-03-19 10:43:37)

zeidmaan
+234|6432|Vienna

I have nothing against downloading stuff and I do it often but a movie such as 300, that is visually stunning SHOULD NOT be watched on a crappy CAM copy. Dude its honestly better to wait as long as it takes to watch it with proper quality, in cinema or at home. I would rather spend 2 hours watching the trailer over and over again, than crappy CAM copy. You wont see a thing and probably wont hear half of the audio.
Release date for UK is 23 March but if you don't want to pay for it than give it some time and wait for a screener.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6669
Criminal...I don't ever want to hear you complain about anyone or anything again...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard